Vidor 40 Bridge City 43/FINAL

36 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

These two played each other in the Orangefield tourney. Vidor won pretty convincingly 72-46.

Give me Vidor by 10.

That LCM result last week really surprised me.  If BC channels some of that they can beat vidor, who hasn't been playing particularly well, losing their last four, including by 17 to LCM, who BC just beat.  Up until a week ago I thought Vidor had a clear shot at the #4 spot in the district, but there seems to be some competition now.

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

That LCM result last week really surprised me.  If BC channels some of that they can beat vidor, who hasn't been playing particularly well, losing their last four, including by 17 to LCM, who BC just beat.

My belief that was more about LC-M than BC. But it was an impressive win none the less.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Vidor 40 Bridge City 43/FINAL
1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Don’t feel bad.  At least you didn’t have 3 million on the TCU money line.  Then again if we had Mattress Mack’s $ and system, we probably wouldn’t care either. 

I don't feel bad at all. Hey, upsets happen.

But I will put my success of picking local high school basketball games with anyone on this site. But Hoops, you already know this so I am preaching to the choir.

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Yeahhhh I’d be willing to bet he actually didn’t lose any money lol

Here's the deal... Gallery runs promotions that say "If the Astros win the World Series, your furniture is free!"  They sell a bunch of furniture and since the odds of winning are such a long shot, Mac only needs to put up a portion of his actual sales.  If his bet wins, he uses the winnings to make up the funds lost by refunding people for their furniture.  If he loses, he's still up because so the promotion brought in so much in extra sales, and he's only putting a portion of those sales into his wagers... He's taking a small haircut on a loss, but it's not bad at all, apparently.  And he has national news giving him tons of free advertising. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here's the deal... Gallery runs promotions that say "If the Astros win the World Series, your furniture is free!"  They sell a bunch of furniture and since the odds of winning are such a long shot, Mac only needs to put up a portion of his actual sales.  If his bet wins, he uses the winnings to make up the funds lost by refunding people for their furniture.  If he loses, he's still up because so the promotion brought in so much in extra sales, and he's only putting a portion of those sales into his wagers... He's taking a small haircut on a loss, but it's not bad at all, apparently.  And he has national news giving him tons of free advertising. 

Yeah he has a good system. I met him in 2017 at game one of the ALDS. Really nice guy.

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes.  It really is genius