Speaker of the House - Vote Today

Bobcat1

9 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Yeah, ya’ll would have repealed the ACA, and done legislatively almost anything  else you’d have wanted. It’s called leadership.

Instead we were energy independent, actually securing the border, lowest unemployment for minorities, you know, the little things.

Quit wasting my time with your no leadership crap while you support these idiots that are destroying our country.

Nuclear Option being considered.

Interview with Rep Michael McCaul - they’d vote that whoever gets the popular vote would become Speaker, which would force the 20 who are voting against McCarthy to vote for him or Jefferies. 

I can’t get the link to post, you’ll have to Google it. 

8 hours ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

D's and normal every day Americans sitting back laughing at this theater that's about to take place the next few years... the party that's supposedly going to save America can't even agree to this when had much time to figure it out... popcorn in hand

The normal every day American probably doesn’t even know what is happening or what it means.

They likely think that some kind of law is being debated and have no clue what the Speaker is or what importance the position has without googling for an answer.

Average American: Haha…. it is funny what is happening!

Question: So what is happening?

Average American: I don’t know but it’s funny.

Question: They are debating on who should be the Speaker. What does the Speaker do?

Average American: I don’t have a clue. I think it may be a person who repeats the day’s activities in the Senate. 

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I honestly don't know the motive here, he may be thinking if you're going to be speaker (most likely) then I don't want you putting a moderate Republican over the committee.

There are a handful of folks of there that are sick and tired of the status quo.

This will get done, maybe not in 1-2 days, but it will get done.

I'm kinda enjoying the liberal/media/moderate reaction to this as if they are truly concerned for the Republican party.

I say let them Bludgeon each other to death. Throw it all out on the table for everyone to see. A good old fashion enemia is needed in the Republican Party. There’s too many Democrats in the Republican Party anyway. I think it’s healthy.😁

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

You do know that 2 of the 3 mentioned can’t be.  I’m sure you know that about obama, but I think you actually are under the assumption that Manchin could be.🙄

I know they'd never be, they don't even want it... I answered the question, hell I'd like Michelle to get it honestly... imagine the meltdown 

43 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

The normal every day American probably doesn’t even know what is happening or what it means.

They likely think that some kind of law is being debated and have no clue what the Speaker is or what importance the position has without googling for an answer.

Question: They are debating on who should be the Speaker. What does the Speaker do?

Average American: I don’t have a clue. I think it may be a person who repeats the day’s activities in the Senate. 

Lol OK, this is what the right calls working for the ppl.. keep thinking every day Americans don't even know what's going on.. hand the R's everything on a silver platter and they fail 2 days in a row..

D's going have house,Sen, presidency 2024 .... write it down 

47 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

It’s safe to say you could classify him as the Average American. 

4 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Lol keep coping, sucker

Definitely mega mad based on how many emojis you used 

I can’t stop laughing at your idiocy.😂🤡

I hope you were able to help little boys in the hoodie cook dinner for his wife. He’s got a life you know. He can’t spend too much time on this forum.😂

If McCarthy is part of the (I) uniparty and/or (ii) democrat party…

Then what does that say about Trump supporting him and calling for his servants to vote accordingly? Does trump want to maintain  status quo??

All part of the 4D z-axis very stable genius mega master plan in 2024 I’m sure. It’ll be different this time. I know I said that a billion times before, but I was just kidding then. I’m for real now. #maga2024 #staytuned 

17 hours ago, Reagan said:

Congressman Chip Roy said what's going in the House is what a debate looks like.  Something that the Dems don't like.  

Also, a little history:  There's been 14 multi ballot Speakerships in the past.  The longest one was in 1855 which was 2 months and 133 ballots.  Why hurry when you are trying to get it right.  I guess our side could be like the Dems and fall lock-step in line with pelosi.  And you see how that's worked out for us!

A little more history - 1923, 9 ballots to elect a speaker.  Republican majority in the house. Just coming off a term featuring a famously corrupt Republican president - Warren G Harding.  Party was responsible for passing the Volstead Act, telling people what they could not do to their bodies (with alcohol), an unpopular law. Their lack of leadership in the twenties, despite controlling Congress and the Presidency for over a decade, led to 50+ years of Democratic control of Congress beginning in the thirties. Looks like history is repeating itself - again - as it always does.

23 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Manchin is a Senator, he can’t be Speaker of the House. Somehow I knew you didn’t have a clue.  SMDH

47 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

I know they'd never be, they don't even want it... I answered the question, hell I'd like Michelle to get it honestly... imagine the meltdown 

I Literally said I know that.... SMH

I threw names out that I'd like, at this point it don't matter anyway R's can't get the votes for the nominee who CAN win the position

Been hearing how the big change was going to come when R's win the house, they can't get step 1 down LOL

Day 2 fail

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Instead we were energy independent, actually securing the border, lowest unemployment for minorities, you know, the little things.

Quit wasting my time with your no leadership crap while you support these idiots that are destroying our country.

The thing speaks for itself.  6 ballots, no leader.

Energy independence is a myth. The border was no more secure than it had ever been and there was a rising tide from the previous eight years of effective leadership that lifted all boats. “Lowest unemployment for minorities” is a statement unto itself about the labor inequities minorities face.

4 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

I threw names out that I'd like, at this point it don't matter anyway R's can't get the votes for the nominee who CAN win the position

Been hearing how the big change was going to come when R's win the house, they can't get step 1 down LOL

Day 2 fail

Thanks for that Awesome Insight Average American.

22 minutes ago, UT alum said:

The thing speaks for itself.  6 ballots, no leader.

Energy independence is a myth. The border was no more secure than it had ever been and there was a rising tide from the previous eight years of effective leadership that lifted all boats. “Lowest unemployment for minorities” is a statement unto itself about the labor inequities minorities face.

There is really no debate when you refuse to accept reality when is isn’t favorable to your ideology.  Your post was about the most dishonest post I’ve seen someone make. You have a good evening.

One thing, your party never seemed to be able to achieve lowest unemployment for minorities, but we know that’s on purpose, that would been bad for their business.

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

There is really no debate when you refuse to accept reality when is isn’t favorable to your ideology.  Your post was about the most dishonest post I’ve seen someone make. You have a good evening.

One thing, your party never seemed to be able to achieve lowest unemployment for minorities, but we know that’s on purpose, that would been bad for their business.

Thank you. When I get attacked in here, I know it’s because I’m hitting close to home.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I know it had to hurt to pull that jibberish out of his rear. TDS has that delusional effect.

7 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I know it had to hurt to pull that jibberish out of his rear. TDS has that delusional effect.

Amazes me how someone can simply deny facts because it’s not their side doing it.  Of course, democrats idea of success is determined by how many they can perpetually keep on assistance so they can get votes.  

49 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Day 2 fail

Don’t crawfish now.  You said they don’t want it, meaning if they did want it that’s who you would want.  You don’t have a clue and you proved it.  Thanks for the laughs. 

PS

Manchin can’t be Speaker, just to reiterate that for you.  

1 hour ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Lol OK, this is what the right calls working for the ppl.. keep thinking every day Americans don't even know what's going on.. hand the R's everything on a silver platter and they fail 2 days in a row..

D's going have house,Sen, presidency 2024 .... write it down 

If you think a majority of the public even knows what the Speaker of the House is and then toss in authority, I believe you are terribly mistaken.

No matter who wins in 2024, you’re giving way more credit to the average public than exists. I would bet you could not get 25% of adults to explain the electoral college. 

The voting population almost certainly has no clue what the Republicans are arguing about but only know that they are arguing. 

Obviously on an Internet forum a person can Google the answer and appear to be intelligent in response. Stop any person on the street and ask those questions and see what response you get. I would even go as far as just say that a majority of college students currently enrolled have no clue who was most recently the Speaker.

Go to Facebook and look at some of the local issues with crime and arrests and look at the comments. The comments are comical. In fact, a few people in this forum, who I happen to know their names, post on Facebook in those threads.