Speaker of the House - Vote Today

Bobcat1

I haven’t read every post on this thread, but I have yet to see the 800 lb gorilla in the room addressed.  The Republican Party is leaderless. If the party had a leader (Trump included), they wouldn’t be undecided on the sixth ballot.  If they can’t agree on a leader amongst themselves, how does anyone in their right mind believe they will effectively lead in the house as the majority party? An absolute debacle.  I’ll bet they lose 30 seats in 2024.

7 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Dude you have no inside information on any of the decisions that are being made. It’s all pure speculation. 

So go take your Trump medicine before you hyperventilate. 

Unwoke - stop the uniparty!

Trump - support the uniparty candidate!

Unwoke - 🤡🤡

Let me guess.. all part of the 4D mega genius master plan in 2024. Like I said earlier, you are an absolute SUCKER

12 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I haven’t read every post on this thread, but I have yet to see the 800 lb gorilla in the room addressed.  The Republican Party is leaderless. If the party had a leader (Trump included), they wouldn’t be undecided on the sixth ballot.  If they can’t agree on a leader amongst themselves, how does anyone in their right mind believe they will effectively lead in the house as the majority party? An absolute debacle.  I’ll bet they lose 30 seats in 2024.

If only they had someone like Pelosi.

2 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Ahh so this is where the “Gym” Jordan comments come from.. looks to be a perfect fit in DC!

Jordan, now a conservative family-values Republican from Ohio, was the assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State University from 1987 to 1995. During his tenure, the team doctor, Richard Strauss, is accused of having molested up to 1,500 college boys.

This is the hidden content, please
say that the sexual abuse was so prevalent, Jordan must have known about it. And two of the wrestlers say they specifically told Jordan about the molestation, and Jordan did nothing to help. One says Jordan actually "snickered" when told of the abuse, before saying he'd have nothing to do with it.

The doctor also reportedly took

Jordan calls his accusers liars, and says the entire scandal is the work of a

for the speakership. No word from Jordan on how the deep state was able to go back in time 40 years and molest 1,500 boys all in the hopes of harming Jordan's political career in 2018.

Adam DiSabato said Jordan called him on July 4, 2018 because he was worried the scandal would hurt his political prospects. He hadn’t seen Jordan since a former teammate’s funeral and was eating breakfast in Las Vegas, where he was helping a UFC wrestler get ready for a fight, when he got a phone call from a Dayton number. He said he excused himself from the table when he realized it was Jordan.

“He repeatedly called me that week,” Adam DiSabato said, adding that Jordan was “just a symptom of a bigger problem at Ohio State.”

WASHINGTON, D. C. - Former Ohio State University wrestler Adam DiSabato on Saturday disputed U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan’s claims that he didn’t know a team doctor sexually abused wrestlers in his charge during his years as the team’s assistant coach, and elaborated on testimony he delivered in Columbus this week that Jordan had called

in an effort to cover-up the fact that he knew.

So you’re saying he should be on your side.   Genderless bathrooms, trannys , whatever else your side loves, yet you hold this against him with no proof. 

7 minutes ago, UT alum said:

The Republican Party isn't a party.. It's a group of people who are held hostage by the whims of the most extreme members of their unit.  That's why the Democratic Party is superior to the Republican Party, as bad as it pains me to say it.  

Democrats wanted the ACA?  They had the votes and got it passed.  The Repubs promised to repeal and replace, and they had the votes... but they couldn't get it done.  It's a party full of people who are only looking out for their own desires and interests, and they have no ability to come together and do what needs to be done.  Once 19 of these 20 get on the same page, you'll have a few defectors who recognize their own new-found importance and demand that even MORE stringent demands are met.  

The Republicans just look like a bunch of clowns who can't even agree on a leader, much less do anything to further conservative issues in the House.  It's an embarrassment.  I'm with you... they'll lose the House in '24 if they don't get this done, now.  America is watching a bunch of dudes that can't even work with each other, much less across the aisle... and that's what most Americans who aren't hardened partisans wants to see happen.  

You guys are so funny to me, out of one side of your mouth you say there is no difference in the parties.

Out of the other side of your mouth you criticize anyone that would dare push back on the speaker that would make sure the parties remain the same.

By the way, Cardinalbacker, Trump has given these election denying minions of his marching orders to back McCarthy, why in the world aren't they doing it?  You have guaranteed that they are loyal Trump followers, right? 

Not to worry, due to lack of lockstep, there will be a blue wave in 2024, THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS DEAD!!!

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The Republican Party isn't a party.. It's a group of people who are held hostage by the whims of the most extreme members of their unit.  That's why the Democratic Party is superior to the Republican Party, as bad as it pains me to say it.  

Democrats wanted the ACA?  They had the votes and got it passed.  The Repubs promised to repeal and replace, and they had the votes... but they couldn't get it done.  It's a party full of people who are only looking out for their own desires and interests, and they have no ability to come together and do what needs to be done.  Once 19 of these 20 get on the same page, you'll have a few defectors who recognize their own new-found importance and demand that even MORE stringent demands are met.  

The Republicans just look like a bunch of clowns who can't even agree on a leader, much less do anything to further conservative issues in the House.  It's an embarrassment.  I'm with you... they'll lose the House in '24 if they don't get this done, now.  America is watching a bunch of dudes that can't even work with each other, much less across the aisle... and that's what most Americans who aren't hardened partisans wants to see happen.  

Very this. 

Even if they elect a leader - To pass anything to send to the senate would take 218 votes - That will never happen, unless they can convince the lock and step Democrats to sign off on it.  

Republicans may have the House, but nothing will pass for the next two years. 

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Outstanding!

I disagree - The hardline Republicans are going to hold the chamber hostage - Just like we're seeing now.

Not only that, but Democrats are going to use all of this for ads against Republicans in future elections which will almost guarantee a Democrat take of over the House, Senate, and Presidency in 2024.  

I am not a fan of one party having control of all three.  

40 minutes ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Unwoke - stop the uniparty!

Trump - support the uniparty candidate!

Unwoke - 🤡🤡

Let me guess.. all part of the 4D mega genius master plan in 2024. Like I said earlier, you are an absolute SUCKER

You are so easy to take the bait and trigger yourself when it comes to Trump. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Deep Breath 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

I gave my 2 choice choices but the Trump choice was to just trigger you off, an it works every time. 😂😂😂 

Matter fact why don’t go help little boys in the hoody make dinner for his wife. 😂

1 minute ago, Bobcat1 said:

I disagree - The hardline Republicans are going to hold the chamber hostage - Just like we're seeing now.

Not only that, but Democrats are going to use all of this for ads against Republicans in future elections which will almost guarantee a Democrat take of over the House, Senate, and Presidency in 2024.  

Our founding fathers setup our government to have gridlock. That means the taxpayer doesn’t screwed as long as there is gridlock. 🙂

23 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

14 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Very this. 

“Whims of extreme”

what are you considering extreme?

Most true conservatives are going to be consider extreme due to the lack of backbone and those that had one has let it erode.

the middle has been moved to the left so that the true conservatives seem extreme.

10 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Why not?

the liberal party is the party of the future. Look how well it’s been going with them controlling 2 of the 3……just imagine how well our country would be better off with liberals having all 3

21 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

You are so easy to take the bait and trigger yourself when it comes to Trump. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Deep Breath 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

I gave my 2 choice choices but the Trump choice was to just trigger you off, an it works every time. 😂😂😂 

Matter fact why don’t go help little boys in the hoody make dinner for his wife. 😂

Lol keep coping, sucker

Definitely mega mad based on how many emojis you used 

24 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

GOP truly has no one to blame but themselves. Go full TrumpTard, then act shocked when everyone else votes anti-Trumptards. People are tired of the nonsense.

Democrats handed 2022 on a silver platter and GOP STILL f’d it up somehow. Massive incompetence across the board 

15 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

McCarthy literally moved all his stuff into the Speaker of the House’s Office day before the nomination for Speaker. He deserves all the embarrassment he’s getting from his colleagues a then some. Jordan or Gingrich for Speaker.

Wow. That takes.....How embarrassing. 

CNN Reporting - Rep. Matt Gaetz's demands from Kevin McCarthy on Monday evening before the speaker’s vote. He demanded a subcommittee gavel on the powerful House Armed Services Committee, a source said, which McCarthy rejected. This has enraged some other Republicans, who say the hardliners came to McCarthy with personal asks.