Speaker of the House - Vote Today

Bobcat1

Congressman Chip Roy said what's going in the House is what a debate looks like.  Something that the Dems don't like.  

Also, a little history:  There's been 14 multi ballot Speakerships in the past.  The longest one was in 1855 which was 2 months and 133 ballots.  Why hurry when you are trying to get it right.  I guess our side could be like the Dems and fall lock-step in line with pelosi.  And you see how that's worked out for us!

13 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Let’s see how the GOP manages to shoot themselves in the foot today..

MAGAtards vs. normal, respectable conservatives. round #9000 fight

I think here we have an admission that at least 200 House Republicans are “respectable conservatives”. 

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

Congressman Chip Roy said what's going in the House is what a debate looks like.  Something that the Dems don't like.  

Also, a little history:  There's been 14 multi ballot Speakerships in the past.  The longest one was in 1855 which was 2 months and 133 ballots.  Why hurry when you are trying to get it right.  I guess our side could be like the Dems and fall lock-step in line with pelosi.  And you see how that's worked out for us!

All the other times the Republicans did the same thing, that was ok? 

Last time was 1923. 

13 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Good start R's....

Had months to figure this out, red wave  predicted long ago and day 1 fail!

If by having setbacks keeps us from having another total embarrassment like Pelosi, I can be patient. Of course those wishing and predicting failure are almost always wrong, but when a failure occurs, they are very quick to say “see, what did I tell you”?

17 minutes ago, baddog said:

If by having setbacks keeps us from having another total embarrassment like Pelosi, I can be patient. Of course those wishing and predicting failure are almost always wrong, but when a failure occurs, they are very quick to say “see, what did I tell you”?

Take as long as you want, all the ppl the right nominated yesterday are failures... I can see alot getting done while the R's control the house (sarcasm)

2 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Take as long as you want, all the ppl the right nominated yesterday are failures... I can see alot getting done while the R's control the house (sarcasm)

Basically you have 200 representatives that are at least pretending that they want to get started handling the business of running the Country... the other 20 or so are holding the process hostage unless they all  agree to focus 100% of the body's time and effort on partisan investigations into garbage like "Hunter Biden's Laptop." 

The fact is this... if the Republicans can't get 218 votes on this, they won't be able to get 218 votes for anything else over the next two years, either.  So much for getting anything done. 

42 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Leftys worried about getting things done, lol.

Don't worry, your checks will continue to come, they just might have to shut down a few national parks.

The liberal mindset wants everyone to think the same way, if not, it's chaos.

I still find it hilarious how now even cardinal backer is considered a “lefty” on this website. He seems to be a textbook conservative. I recall he’s even voted for trump before. Shows you how off the rails the GOP and supporters have become, and how quick they are to turn on you if you don’t continue to bend the knee to their lord and savior DJT

1 minute ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

I still find it hilarious how now even cardinal backer is considered a “lefty” on this website. He seems to be a textbook conservative. I recall he’s even voted for trump before. Shows you how off the rails the GOP and supporters have become, and how quick they are to turn on you if you don’t continue to bend the knee to their lord and savior DJT

You're just too easy, it's like you have an easy button on your forehead.

And you just can't help but bring up Trump in any conversation.  🤣🤣

So entertaining!

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Basically you have 200 representatives that are at least pretending that they want to get started handling the business of running the Country... the other 20 or so are holding the process hostage unless they all  agree to focus 100% of the body's time and effort on partisan investigations into garbage like "Hunter Biden's Laptop." 

The fact is this... if the Republicans can't get 218 votes on this, they won't be able to get 218 votes for anything else over the next two years, either.  So much for getting anything done. 

D's and normal every day Americans sitting back laughing at this theater that's about to take place the next few years... the party that's supposedly going to save America can't even agree to this when had much time to figure it out... popcorn in hand

9 minutes ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

Lol OK, been whining about the D's for 2 years and now defending the party that will supposedly get us out of this mess... they won't get anything done... own it

At least you can admit your party has us in this mess, very good.

As TVC said, it's debate, not everyone falls in line like slobbering idiots behind a dictator like your democrats.

Just watch, you may learn something.

13 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

At least you can admit your party has us in this mess, very good.

As TVC said, it's debate, not everyone falls in line like slobbering idiots behind a dictator like your democrats.

Just watch, you may learn something.

That's not true....This is the frist time in 100 years it's had to go to more than one ballot.  Every other time Republicans and Democrats have only gone one round.   

Republican's have always been rank and file until this year. 

This is the hidden content, please

14 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

That's not true....This is the frist time in 100 years it's had to go to more than one ballot.  Every other time Republicans and Democrats have only gone one round.   

Republican's have always been rank and file until this year. 

This is the hidden content, please

So why complain if folks want change?

All I hear is that Republicans and Democrats both spend too much, now when there are a few that push back on electing a speaker that will 100% ensure that the spending will continue under Republicans, they're called whackos for holding up "progress".

That the Republicans may be coming to a point where some are tired of the same old good old boy system and actually want change should be celebrated in my opinion, no matter what has happened in the past.

9 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So why complain if folks want change?

All I hear is that Republicans and Democrats both spend too much, now when there are a few that push back on electing a speaker that will 100% ensure that the spending will continue under Republicans, they're called whackos for holding up "progress".

That the Republicans may be coming to a point where some are tired of the same old good old boy system and actually want change should be celebrated in my opinion, no matter what has happened in the past.

I'm not complaing, but I do think McCarthy needs to step down. He's too weak to be Speaker -At this point, he's sold his soul to anyone who would vote for him, he has nothing else to compromise.  

This stalls legislation, investigatsions, House rules, new members being sworn in, and commitee seats.