Kountze 79 Warren 37/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Kountze 79 Warren 37/FINAL
45 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No and No.

Kountze will get at best 3rd in district. They are not beating East Chambers or Orangefield and not too sure about Anahuac and Buna.

I’m not sure if they’ll make the playoffs either. It’s a tough district this year. I don’t think any team will go undefeated in district. All 5 of the teams you mentioned in your post are good, but none of them head and shoulders above the others. 

7 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

Kountze is a very good club, I think if they get hot at the right time they can definitely make a run. They are extremely athletic, and shoot the 3 ball well. I have not seen EC or Orangefield but I bet they challenge both. 

I agree they are a good “young” team. For them to snag a playoff spot they will have to be hot from 3. They have the shooters to do so. The very athletic part I’m not so sure though to be honest. 

Kountze will probably be fighting for the 4th spot. They are young and small. The nights the long ball is falling they’ll be competitive when it’s not they’ll struggle to compete. Their biggest shortcoming is lack of depth. They are thin in that department. I don’t know what’s happened to Warren, It doesn’t look like they play much in the off season. OF/EC are the class of the district this year followed closely by Buna/Anahuac/Kountze 

12 hours ago, whsalum said:

Kountze will probably be fighting for the 4th spot. They are young and small. The nights the long ball is falling they’ll be competitive when it’s not they’ll struggle to compete. Their biggest shortcoming is lack of depth. They are thin in that department. I don’t know what’s happened to Warren, It doesn’t look like they play much in the off season. OF/EC are the class of the district this year followed closely by Buna/Anahuac/Kountze 

What’s happened? Nothing much has ever happened.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

What’s happened? Nothing much has ever happened.

I can remember when they were at least competitive. Won a district championship and made the playoffs a few years. I don’t think they play much up there anymore. I have seen em a few times this year. I think EC wins the seeding game this year against Orangefield and Buna finishes 3rd. 

10 hours ago, whsalum said:

I can remember when they were at least competitive. Won a district championship and made the playoffs a few years. I don’t think they play much up there anymore. I have seen em a few times this year. I think EC wins the seeding game this year against Orangefield and Buna finishes 3rd. 

DC? When?

32 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

DC? When?

Somewhere around 06. The first year Leland Hand was there. Beat Mart and eventually lost to a very good EC team. They were competitive for the next few years but had some really good teams in the same district. There’s just not much enthusiasm up there these days around the program. 

36 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Somewhere around 06. The first year Leland Hand was there. Beat Mart and eventually lost to a very good EC team. They were competitive for the next few years but had some really good teams in the same district. There’s just not much enthusiasm up there these days around the program. 

Well the enthusiasm issue:  many factors….parents not pushing their kids and admin issues as in admin tries to have more say over team than actual coaches…..and that’s just one issue.

when you make up stuff to get rid of Jacks(girls coach) after he got them to the playoffs all because certain people s daughters didn’t get to play as much

your not going to attract coaches there.

warren is a stepping stone at best

On 1/4/2023 at 9:25 AM, whsalum said:

I agree and I like Buna for 3rd and not sure about Kountze or Anahuac for 4th.  That could be a play in game as well.