22-3A District, Tues. Dec. 13 game thread/Post updates here

Buna played well. #0 is their main threat but their two posts rebound the ball well. They aren’t big, just physical. I can’t get a read on the coach though. His antics make me scratch my head. Is he motivating his kids or just drawing the attention to himself? Any way, they played hard. Typical district ball game between the Bobcats and Cougars. 

10 hours ago, Charles in Charge said:

Orangefield was missing their best post and the other one hurt his ankle in the tournament this weekend.  If Buna can't win this game against a half strength Orangefield squad, they could be in trouble.  Maybe Coach Whitmeyer wasn't so bad after all?

Orangefield has played without their big man for several games now including the entire tournament. Most likely will play without him for rest of season.

This game being this close was no surprise, with or without OF's big man.

I’m new to this format but not new to basketball.  I have seen Orangefield and Buna play several games this year and give credit to Orangefield because they are one of the best teams in the area as well as state ranked in their classification. Based on last night’s game, Buna is not far behind them and with the season just beginning Buna will definitely make a run.

Thank you love watching high school basketball and for your information the coach at Buna only has two starters from last year and why do you continually slander you really need to worry about your own team . The start of the the season is very important but the end of the season is what really matters . I hope you have a great season at Lumberton Charles in charge.

11 hours ago, Charles in Charge said:

Don't worry about us!  The Mighty Raiders are coming off a district title in football and we have a proven leader on the hardwood.  Mitchell will get us where we need to be.  Best of luck to your Cougars and their run through the playoffs!

Mitchell is great! However, the team just isn't quite as talented as a few he's had in years' past. If they even make the playoffs this season, it would be one of Mitchell's best coaching jobs. 

9 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

Do the Raiders and Cougars have any chance of meeting up in any non-district matchups over the holidays? "Would the real slim shady (or Charles/Charlie) please stand up?" Maybe a game of 1 on 1 at halftime for charity?

I don't need to be beating some old man at 1v1!

36 minutes ago, gogo173489 said:

Mitchell is great! However, the team just isn't quite as talented as a few he's had in years' past. If they even make the playoffs this season, it would be one of Mitchell's best coaching jobs. 

He coaches all out, all the time.  He never changes if his team is really good or really bad.  That's why he's a good coach.  He doesn't leave when he thinks we won't be good.  He just continues to build his program.

7 minutes ago, Charles in Charge said:

I don't need to be beating some old man at 1v1!

He coaches all out, all the time.  He never changes if his team is really good or really bad.  That's why he's a good coach.  He doesn't leave when he thinks we won't be good.  He just continues to build his program.

I'm not arguing that at all. I'm just saying even the best coaches have to have some talent equal to or close to their opponents, or it's going to be tough.

4 hours ago, Charlie the Boss said:

It takes a coach 3 to 5years for his system to produce a championship team so let the new coaches do that if not get a new profession.

The coach would have to stay in that position that long.  That hasn't happened for the current coach in any of his previous positions.