Vidor (23) vs Lindale (45) - FINAL

jdawg03

19 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

www.vidorisd.org

You can go there to fill out an application or contact the coaches next week to discuss football philosophies. 

No thanks that would be a waste of time because their fans don't want winners, they like losing too much. They are super content with playing the loser role , and  i dont have the required  20 + years of losing on my resume that it would take to usurp the current  ring leader  of that circus. but hey....... at least the popcorns good

5 minutes ago, Little Enos said:

No thanks that would be a waste of time because their fans don't want winners, they like losing too much. They are super content with playing the loser role. Participation trophies is what they are after

Waste of time is getting on a message board and degrading coaches, players, and fans. Classic definition of a loser. 

Good season Pirates. Heads up high.  

4 hours ago, Little Enos said:

No thanks that would be a waste of time because their fans don't want winners, they like losing too much. They are super content with playing the loser role , and  i dont have the required  20 + years of losing on my resume that it would take to usurp the current  ring leader  of that circus. but hey....... at least the popcorns good

What a classy post… your parents must be proud.

Hmmm, about 50% of teams in Texas were preparing for basketball this weekend.  Vidor was in the playoffs.  Doesn’t sound like a program content with losing.  Bet West Brook, Nederland and many others would’ve loved to be playing. No reflection on their programs.  Some folks on here just love to rag on Vidor. Always have, always will.  Heaven knows we’re no Carthage, but few are.  The Pirates have come a long way from Interstate 10 Vidor nothing.

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Hmmm, about 50% of teams in Texas were preparing for basketball this weekend.  Vidor was in the playoffs.  Doesn’t sound like a program content with losing.  Bet West Brook, Nederland and many others would’ve loved to be playing. No reflection on their programs.  Some folks on here just love to rag on Vidor. Always have, always will.  Heaven knows we’re no Carthage, but few are.  The Pirates have come a long way from Interstate 10 Vidor nothing.

In bold: 100% facts. I'm old enough to remember those days. 

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

I remember the days of Blue Oldburys  radio commercials for Oldbury Transmission Service " we've been around since the score was interstate 10 - Vidor nothing". I don't think 4 teams went to the playoffs back then and we played much stiffer competition. We dropped in classification 23 years ago, the same year the current coach took over

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

In bold: 100% facts. I'm old enough to remember those days. 

100% FACTS

The exact year the  current coach started we dropped in classification so he didnt have to face the same competition .

We had West Brook, Central, LaPorte, Deer Park, Sterling, Lee up until that point 23 years ago

It can be misleading if we compare apples to Oranges

2 minutes ago, Little Enos said:

100% FACTS

The exact year the  current coach started we dropped in classification so he didnt have to face the same competition .

We had West Brook, Central, LaPorte, Deer Park, Sterling, Lee up until that year 23 years ago

Correct. I ran outta likes. 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Cinderella season? Winning in that district should be a given. 

You know, it's really hard to be proud of making playoffs int this district with all you guys telling these kids how BAD this district is. You should be proud of your home team making the playoffs in any position and talk them up rather than beating them down.

1 hour ago, Little Enos said:

100% FACTS

We had West Brook, Central, LaPorte, Deer Park, Sterling, Lee up until that point 23 years ago

Your facts are way off but keep trying.

1 hour ago, Little Enos said:

100% FACTS

How do you explain beating  PAM in 2016 for the district championship?  Vidor is literally one year removed from their last district championship and they went as the 2 seed this year… You sound like you’re related to Melon… so I’ll ask you the same question he never answered… Was it you or your son that didn’t get enough playing time that left you so bitter?  Or let me guess.. you would’ve been a D1 guy but the coaches didn’t promote you enough… you sound sad and angry

53 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

You know, it's really hard to be proud of making playoffs int this district with all you guys telling these kids how BAD this district is. You should be proud of your home team making the playoffs in any position and talk them up rather than beating them down.

Some of these posters on here had success being a little league coach and figured their vast knowledge of the football would translate to higher levels. But when they found out the requirements of being a high school coach and know they can’t cut it being an elementary PE teacher, they resort to degrading a team, coach, coaches, players, fans and town.

7 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Some of these posters on here had success being a little league coach and figured their vast knowledge of the football would translate to higher levels. But when they found out the requirements of being a high school coach and know they can’t cut it being an elementary PE teacher, they resort to degrading a team, coach, coaches, players, fans and town.

For real… if these little league hall of fame coaches had to spend one day studying blocking schemes at the high school level they’d be rocking in the corner sucking their thumbs

1 hour ago, raideroldtimer said:

Ain’t it the dying truth.  Some folks can look at a field of flowers and not see the beauty, the accomplishments of nature.  Folks like that must lead a miserable life.

1 hour ago, raideroldtimer said:

I’m not beating them down. But being honest, Lumberton was the only decent team this year in that district. I’m very proud of the home team. But let them feel really proud of themselves by winning some playoff games (like I think they will). 

Vidor was hammered the first 3 games because of fumbles.  The two last night, 1 on the Lindale 2 & 1 on their 15, were backbreakers.  Without them, it’s a close game, but poo happens.  Because of them it embarrassed the Pirates & the District.  Still, we’re a ways from competing with Dist 9.  I thought last year we’d (Dist 10) come back closer this year but it wasn’t to be.  Would love to see Dist 10 compare with 9.  Maybe someday.