Anahuac vs Palestine Westwood

AP_5309

5 hours ago, AP_5309 said:

3863 total offensive yards

2160 passing 

1704 rushing 

47 touchdowns 

and only 6 turnovers 

that’s stats before last weeks game and with our all district running back missing 3 games hopefully we can manage to hang with them

But Westwood barely beat us on our own mistakes... Put it like this (because we do have a winning record and still miss the playoffs) had we not had those mistakes Westwood would definitely be out the playoffs giving how our district played out.

17 hours ago, SportsFever409 said:

Yeah that is true. Earlier in the year though and I just don't think Anahuac has the calibur of athletes on offense as Diboll.

I've seen Anahuac play a few times this year.  They have some kids that can play for sure.

I definitely thought AP would see a couple/few rounds for sure at first impression.. even though I a staunch believer that out of area teams just do better than SeTx in the playoffs (with the exception of a few).  Normally round 2 at least is when SeTx meets a nonSeTx school. I'll pick AP but wouldn't be surprised if this game doesn't go as many think.

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I've seen Anahuac play a few times this year.  They have some kids that can play for sure.

I definitely thought AP would see a couple/few rounds for sure at first impression.. even though I a staunch believer that out of area teams just do better than SeTx in the playoffs (with the exception of a few).  Normally round 2 at least is when SeTx meets a nonSeTx school. I'll pick AP but wouldn't be surprised if this game doesn't go as many think.

Yes, I agree with your statements about setx teams in the playoffs.

58 minutes ago, ECC95 said:

Anahuac not getting much respect on this thread. I believe Anahuac wins this one. Go Panthers

My comments had nothing to do with Anahuac personally.  They are definitely good.  My hesitancy is in regards to SeTx schools (smaller-ish) and how they normally fair against schools from outside of the area.  It's not good. 

43 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

My comments had nothing to do with Anahuac personally.  They are definitely good.  My hesitancy is in regards to SeTx schools (smaller-ish) and how they normally fair against schools from outside of the area.  It's not good. 

I said very much the same thing and some did not like it. This 3A district has been historically weak, and even going 10-0 locally don't mean a thing if you quickly evaporate in the playoffs. Everyone in TX ignores this district, its not percieved as any threat.  Maybe this year the tide will begin to turn. I am supporting Anahuac and the rest. AP could make noise the next few years. Good Luck.