Brookshire Royal vs H-F

BBfan061

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Royal has played an insanely easy schedule.  Two teams with a winning record.  Squeaked by 6-4 Sealy 13-10 (Sealy got to beat all the same terrible teams in their district), and lost to Bellville 48-3.  I think HF wins comfortably.  

I’m still scratching my head on Sealy losing to them lol

6 hours ago, ECC95 said:

Do not know anything about Brookshire other than what has been discussed on this thread. Pulling for the Horns in this one. Go Horns!

Royal has picked up some Katy kids. I don't know the number or how good they are, but they have picked some up. Royal was 0-5, 1-4, 1-4 in their district the past three years, but 5-1 this year. It appears they made a difference. I think HF played much better opponents in WOS, Jasper, Silsbee. If HF takes it to them HF should win.    

9 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

As much as I’d like to agree with you… I think your mistaken on the district comparison. 

District 9: Jasper is 2nd at 7-3 with close losses to highly ranked teams (10-0 franklin, 9-1 newton, 10-0 Silsbee), and HF is 3rd at 7-3 with three 1-score losses to great teams, two highly ranked (10-0 Lumberton, 10-0 Silsbee, and 7-3 Jasper).  

District 10: Brookshire Royal is 2nd at 9-1.  That said, their schedule is awful.  All of these houston teams are so weak that even a team with good record from playing other houston teams still isn't very good.  A perfect example is this: BR's best win on paper this year is against Houston Furr.  Furr is 8-2 on the season.  But last year Furr was 7-3, and in the first round played Stafford, who was okay.  Stafford beat them 50-7.  Royal has played one good team, Bellville, who IMO would fit right in amongst the top 3 of District 9.  Royal lost 48-3.  Can you imagine if Silsbee had beaten HF and Jasper 48-3?  

Sealy is 3rd at 6-4. and has exactly zero wins over teams with winning records.  That said, they've played a tougher schedule than Royal, and IMO are better than Royal, even though Royal beat them.  I'd rather HF play Royal in the first round than Sealy, but I think Jasper and HF would beat both teams, regardless of who played who.  

To be honest, WOS finishes 2nd in District 10, possibly first, if Bellville falls victim to the big bad boogeyman mentality.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

District 9: Jasper is 2nd at 7-3 with close losses to highly ranked teams (10-0 franklin, 9-1 newton, 10-0 Silsbee), and HF is 3rd at 7-3 with three 1-score losses to great teams, two highly ranked (10-0 Lumberton, 10-0 Silsbee, and 7-3 Jasper).  

District 10: Brookshire Royal is 2nd at 9-1.  That said, their schedule is awful.  All of these houston teams are so weak that even a team with good record from playing other houston teams still isn't very good.  A perfect example is this: BR's best win on paper this year is against Houston Furr.  Furr is 8-2 on the season.  But last year Furr was 7-3, and in the first round played Stafford, who was okay.  Stafford beat them 50-7.  Royal has played one good team, Bellville, who IMO would fit right in amongst the top 3 of District 9.  Royal lost 48-3.  Can you imagine if Silsbee had beaten HF and Jasper 48-3?  

Sealy is 3rd at 6-4. and has exactly zero wins over teams with winning records.  That said, they've played a tougher schedule that Royal, and IMO are better than Royal, even though Royal beat them.  I'd rather HF play Royal in the first round than Sealy, but I think Jasper and HF would beat both teams, regardless of who played who.  

To be honest, WOS finishes 2nd in District 10, possibly first, if Bellville falls victim to the big bad boogeyman mentality.

That’s what I wanna avoid Friday night.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Received some news today that has me leaning toward picking Brookshire-Royal in this one.

It seems HF will be short handed.

They’d have to be pretty short handed Mike. Honestly…. I’m not a believer in Royal. Other than beating Sealy 10-3… none of there wins hold a ton of value… maybe beating Iowa Colony and FB Willowridge are “ok”wins.