Crosby vs Longview

Cougar14.2

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

The way yalls fans and players on social media acted all week…just lol.

I would think that you guys would have bigger plans than gloating over a first round win, like it's the Super Bowl, over a team that you were supposed to beat handily.

Again, congrats on doing pretty much what you were supposed to do, but a little class goes a long way. Your team is good enough that you can show class, even if you don't think the opposition is not.

But then again, I am old school.

33 minutes ago, Socrates said:

I would think that you guys would have bigger plans than gloating over a first round win, like it's the Super Bowl, over a team that you were supposed to beat handily.

Again, congrats on doing pretty much what you were supposed to do, but a little class goes a long way. Your team is good enough that you can show class, even if you don't think the opposition is not.

Haven't you heard the phrase,  "playing down to your opponent"? That is true for fans,  too. If Crosby fans even knew how to spell class,  we might be a little more humble.  Don't expect anything that you cannot first, produce yourself! 

Go Lobos! 

Beat Lone Star!

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

"Class" returned "in-kind' to delusional Crosby fans. Crosby fans spew nonsense including racial stereotype, and then come back after their beating and request everyone to "show class". 

On 11/11/2022 at 12:06 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Our views of our district are completely different. I just don't see it.

McNorth would drill Baytown Lee 9 times out of 10 IMO, just like PAM should've done when they faced off.

Forney is an up and coming team that I fully believe could beat any of the top four teams in your district on a neutral field. No idea what happens tomorrow on that long journey, but I would not be shocked one bit to see the Jackrabbits knock off the Eagles....especially in another rain game.

Heck, I believe Lufkin would beat Crosby and give Kingwood Park/Barbers Hill a game.

Forney got handled by BH. Any given Friday now. I seen a lot of #4 knock off #1 this week just saying. 

Crosby has talent no doubt but Longview has been a top 10 team since Moses. I doubt anyone in the state would pick against the Lobos except Crosby fans. 
Great game Lobos and good effort Crosby. 
East Texas is strong in many divisions this year. 
Longview

Chapel Hill and Kilgore

Carthage

Timpson

i can see a possible 4 state championships 

2 hours ago, Horton said:

Crosby has talent no doubt but Longview has been a top 10 team since Moses. I doubt anyone in the state would pick against the Lobos except Crosby fans. 
Great game Lobos and good effort Crosby. 
East Texas is strong in many divisions this year. 
Longview

Chapel Hill and Kilgore

Carthage

Timpson

i can see a possible 4 state championships 

TBF Theres only one game I'll pick against the Lobos and that's when they play Crosby. 

I don't understand the fans on boards that claim to love their school and then have 0 faith when they play a better team. 

9 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Oh hell no! Lobo’s give it to them! Crosby fans need a taste of humility sometimes or they just get straight obnoxious.  I garuntee you if the Coogs would have won this they would have spammed message boards till Christmas 

Well, in defense of some of the Crosby posters, the team has been still playing around Christmas the last couple of years. 😁

9 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

"Class" returned "in-kind' to delusional Crosby fans. Crosby fans spew nonsense including racial stereotype, and then come back after their beating and request everyone to "show class". 

You don't even have a place in this discussion, you wouldn't know class if you signed up for it, you never post anything positive about anything, just troll and hate.

Very tough season but very proud of this team. Lots of serious injuries and could've easily quit after being blown out by Kingwood Park which is where I actually thought we were at that point in the season. I think there are some seniors that next year's team will benefit from having graduated. Last time we finished 6-5 with a first round loss was 2011 and that kicked off a good stretch of football for us. I think we're going to have more kids next year whose main focus will be on winning versus receiving individual accolades. 

As far as the game, the things that needed to go wrong for us to get blow out did but after being blown out multiple times this year this result was probably more probably than possible. I know the Longview fans feel great about their team, as they should, but this version of LV isn't some all-timer. Outside of running back they're not better than the Aledo team we lost to in the title game at any position. DBs are their strongest position group and they're still not on the level that Aledo team was with the Allen brothers. Going to be hard to win state with a QB going 2-10 for 29 yards on a defense that's not that great. You can blame it on the weather but I said earlier in the year that it would be hard to win with Allen playing QB and I wouldn't say anything different now. If Crosby had DBs that would've just turned around Allen would've thrown 3 gimmie' interceptions. LV didn't complete one pass to a wide receiver, so while Hale is great he's not going to beat you with Allen playing QB. Those other receivers are a non-factor, they really don't even get meaningful targets. To LV's credit though, they figured out how to get Hale the ball in other ways for him to be effective. 

LV may well win state but I think it's going to be tough for them to score consistently on anybody that Tatum can't run the number up on, like it was against Lancaster. Going to be interesting to see if LV can beat them at a neutral site? I think that game and the potential Aledo game would be their toughest test in the state regardless of if they were to make the title game.  

On 11/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, BHFAN said:

2 years out of 80 don’t make you a dynasty. Take success with humility.

So what does 4 total playoff wins over like 13 years with three state championship coaches make you? Lol, BH was literally one point away from the same season Crosby just had. It's good now though, the best player on your team transferred to Crosby and Abseck is going to have to vote "yes" on all of our remaining transfers, like the North Shore kids, now since y'all have had some questionable acquisitions in other sports.

Just to correct you statement, Crosby has played 5 December playoff games and won three regional titles in the 7 years prior to this one though. We needed some things to go right this year for Crosby to be able to maximize this team's ability and they didn't, that just part of it. We're excited about next year super excited about the next few years after that when Coach P will fall into the caliber of talent as those Riordan teams. 

You never want it to end like it did but the consensus you got from the fans leaving the stadium Friday was that we were due for a year like this. In '11, '15, '18 and now '22 injuries were detrimental, seems like that's the case for us every 3-4 years. Little 14 broke his collar bone and missed three games but was still able to fight back and earn a unanimous first team all-district selection but all in all we're just glad it's over. 

On 11/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, Socrates said:

You don't even have a place in this discussion, you wouldn't know class if you signed up for it, you never post anything positive about anything, just troll and hate.

Dude is from South Splendora, other than driving through The Commons this is the most interesting thing he does all day. 

On 11/12/2022 at 6:40 AM, BHFAN said:

Oh hell no! Lobo’s give it to them! Crosby fans need a taste of humility sometimes or they just get straight obnoxious.  I garuntee you if the Coogs would have won this they would have spammed message boards till Christmas 

They can keep it coming at us. We've won some important one and lost a bunch of them too. All the "told you so" just comes with the territory. No matter how much speak on Crosby I guarantee none of our posters will whine about being picked on because nobody like us. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Very tough season but very proud of this team. Lots of serious injuries and could've easily quit after being blown out by Kingwood Park which is where I actually thought we were at that point in the season. I think there are some seniors that next year's team will benefit from having graduated. Last time we finished 6-5 with a first round loss was 2011 and that kicked off a good stretch of football for us. I think we're going to have more kids next year whose main focus will be on winning versus receiving individual accolades. 

As far as the game, the things that needed to go wrong for us to get blow out did but after being blown out multiple times this year this result was probably more probably than possible. I know the Longview fans feel great about their team, as they should, but this version of LV isn't some all-timer. Outside of running back they're not better than the Aledo team we lost to in the title game at any position. DBs are their strongest position group and they're still not on the level that Aledo team was with the Allen brothers. Going to be hard to win state with a QB going 2-10 for 29 yards on a defense that's not that great. You can blame it on the weather but I said earlier in the year that it would be hard to win with Allen playing QB and I wouldn't say anything different now. If Crosby had DBs that would've just turned around Allen would've thrown 3 gimmie' interceptions. LV didn't complete one pass to a wide receiver, so while Hale is great he's not going to beat you with Allen playing QB. Those other receivers are a non-factor, they really don't even get meaningful targets. To LV's credit though, they figured out how to get Hale the ball in other ways for him to be effective. 

LV may well win state but I think it's going to be tough for them to score consistently on anybody that Tatum can't run the number up on, like it was against Lancaster. Going to be interesting to see if LV can beat them at a neutral site? I think that game and the potential Aledo game would be their toughest test in the state regardless of if they were to make the title game.  

Lol you saying DB’s are are strongest position group after we just sacked your QB 13 times tells me you know absolutely nothing. you guys struggled to complete passes as well lol heck yall struggled even fielding snaps in the weather. Allen has proven all season that he can make throws against defenses that are better than what that was that y’all had. he doesn’t have an 18:3 TD-INT ratio because he can’t throw. we are a run first team & we can pass decently when needed when it’s not 30 degrees and pouring outside. Allen has managed the game just about perfectly all year and that’s honestly all we need him to do. we’ve never been a team that throws for 300+ a game and as long as king is the coach we never will be. quit finding reasons to discredit Longview & enjoy basketball & the rest of the playoffs. 

31 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So what does 4 total playoff wins over like 13 years with three state championship coaches make you? Lol, BH was literally one point away from the same season Crosby just had. It's good now though, the best player on your team transferred to Crosby and Abseck is going to have to vote "yes" on all of our remaining transfers, like the North Shore kids, now since y'all have had some questionable acquisitions in other sports.

Just to correct you statement, Crosby has played 5 December playoff games and won three regional titles in the 7 years prior to this one though. We needed some things to go right this year for Crosby to be able to maximize this team's ability and they didn't, that just part of it. We're excited about next year super excited about the next few years after that when Coach P will fall into the caliber of talent as those Riordan teams. 

You never want it to end like it did but the consensus you got from the fans leaving the stadium Friday was that we were due for a year like this. In '11, '15, '18 and now '22 injuries were detrimental, seems like that's the case for us every 3-4 years. Little 14 broke his collar bone and missed three games but was still able to fight back and earn a unanimous first team all-district selection but all in all we're just glad it's over. 

1)2013 - Playoff win vs Livingston, 2019- Playoff win - Sterling, and Whitehouse 2020- Playoff win Galena Park, 2021 - Playoff win Fort Bend Marshall 2022- Playoff win - Forney, TBD... I know its hard with that Crosby education but that is 6 playoff wins in 13 years

2) Not even the best receiver BH has , and obviously haven't missed a step without him. Herndon comes back next year to add to a already really good receiving group. 

3) If your going to correct people make sure you are correct. 

4) last 5 years against each other its BH 3 Crosby 2

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yep, Crosby is "mediocre" now and likely to get worse next year. Just got stomped by LV. Embarrassing that they are in the same division as LV. 

5 hours ago, EagleFootball281 said:

1)2013 - Playoff win vs Livingston, 2019- Playoff win - Sterling, and Whitehouse 2020- Playoff win Galena Park, 2021 - Playoff win Fort Bend Marshall 2022- Playoff win - Forney, TBD... I know its hard with that Crosby education but that is 6 playoff wins in 13 years

2) Not even the best receiver BH has , and obviously haven't missed a step without him. Herndon comes back next year to add to a already really good receiving group. 

3) If your going to correct people make sure you are correct. 

4) last 5 years against each other its BH 3 Crosby 2

With the coaches alone you’ve had in the past 13 years, the expectations seem pretty low.  6, hahahaha!!!