Silsbee (26) @ Jasper (23) - FINAL

jdawg03

46 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The wind and rain played a big role in the Silsbee passing game last night. The deep ball would get hung up in the wind and Jasper had a triple team on Miller almost 75% of the game. Silsbee running backs did very well. Martin, Kibblea, and Brown are all solid. Shout out to Silsbee OL as well. I seen some big holes in that 4th qtr to help seal the deal. Jasper Qb reminded me of Zeno from HF.   Maybe not as athletic or quick but elusive to say the least. One of my close friends son plays for West Columbia and former Aggie RB. Ill be in Laporte. 

It really did not rain much.  And as for the wind we really didnt throw the deep ball against the wind.  It just wasnt a very good night throwing the ball.  Made some good throws on the short passes.  The problem with the longer ones to me seemed to be that Jasper had good coverage and he really didnt have time to set up throw it.  The one that really sits in my mind as looking hung up in the wind was thrown with the wind.  It didnt look like Miller saw it looked like he kept going instead of slowing down and trying a jump ball.  The best chance on one we had all night was Millers pass.  Receiver had the defender beat but was overthrown.  But it looked like the receiver also sped up after he saw it was going to be too long.  Should have been all out already.

19 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Clear enough for me. Even the commentator says the TD stands for now while the kid that supposedly caught it looks around at the refs because he knows he didn’t catch it. Lol. Commentator even says the back judge made the call when definitely didn’t have a clear view of the supposedly catch. Lol. I really don’t care who won this game. I knew it would be a good game but you hate to see it be decided on a bs call like that.  Good luck to both teams going forward.

You mean the same back ref who was making calls against Silsbee that he clearly couldn’t see. 

13 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Hate that a single play is becoming the story because it was a really good game.  

I think what I saw is Jasper figured out they have a super weapon at qb and unleashed him.  That made the whole offense better and it really showed.  It is the first time the offense had a dangerous look to it imo. 

Silsbee on the other hand probably had their worst offensive night (thanks in large part to a good jasper scheme and performance) but yet it was enough to win at Jasper.  That speaks for itself.  

A rematch would be one of those extra special games no doubt, but some very quality teams stand in the way. 

It's horrible that the refs are the story. CC could've handled it differently. CT would've handled it differently too. I mean they might not have finished the game if it's as bad as they say.

What I can see is a call made by someone not in the position to see the catch. Then confusion by the others, with an eventual signal TD. Can't change that. Gotta play perfect from here like CC also said. And hope to meet em again. That rematch would be a great game. Hope they play locally if happens. 

Also I can understand CC frustrations. This is his Alma mater, his program, his first year in a renewed rivalry. It's all good. It shows his passion and that his heart is in the right place. Back home where he belongs.  Embraced by the community. Great job Jasper ISD. I'm still jealous.

37 minutes ago, ST413 said:

It really did not rain much.  And as for the wind we really didnt throw the deep ball against the wind.  It just wasnt a very good night throwing the ball.  Made some good throws on the short passes.  The problem with the longer ones to me seemed to be that Jasper had good coverage and he really didnt have time to set up throw it.  The one that really sits in my mind as looking hung up in the wind was thrown with the wind.  It didnt look like Miller saw it looked like he kept going instead of slowing down and trying a jump ball.  The best chance on one we had all night was Millers pass.  Receiver had the defender beat but was overthrown.  But it looked like the receiver also sped up after he saw it was going to be too long.  Should have been all out already.

Jasper played solid pass defense on Miller. Putting 3 on him would also leave single on Cartwright, Brisbane, and Jackson. Our run game showed up for sure. 

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It's horrible that the refs are the story. CC could've handled it differently. CT would've handled it differently too. I mean they might not have finished the game if it's as bad as they say.

What I can see is a call made by someone not in the position to see the catch. Then confusion by the others, with an eventual signal TD. Can't change that. Gotta play perfect from here like CC also said. And hope to meet em again. That rematch would be a great game. Hope they play locally if happens. 

Also I can understand CC frustrations. This is his Alma mater, his program, his first year in a renewed rivalry. It's all good. It shows his passion and that his heart is in the right place. Back home where he belongs.  Embraced by the community. Great job Jasper ISD. I'm still jealous.

I agree with all that but you have to keep it professional. Calling out refs after a loss isn't the way to do it. I saw a ton of none holding calls that didn't get flagged all night. The most obvious one on Jasper's last possession seemed like it took the ref 20 seconds after the play to call it. 

14 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I agree with all that but you have to keep it professional. Calling out refs after a loss isn't the way to do it. I saw a ton of none holding calls that didn't get flagged all night. The most obvious one on Jasper's last possession seemed like it took the ref 20 seconds after the play to call it. 

He should put all those missed calls in his report too.

After watching this game on Texan Live and KJAS this morning, I cannot determine if it was a catch or not by those camera angles.

As for the officiating crew, they did not have a good game but it certainly wasn't one sided. Missed calls on both sides.

I have seen worse crews or worse called games than this one.

Coach picked this crew and did not want to play Thursday because he would lose this crew. Oh well

The interview I believe he will regret and just might get a reprimand from UIL.

We will see.

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

After watching this game on Texan Live and KJAS this morning, I cannot determine if it was a catch or not by those camera angles.

As for the officiating crew, they did not have a good game but it certainly wasn't one sided. Missed calls on both sides.

Coach picked this crew and did not want to play Thursday because he would lose this crew. Oh well

We will see.

Kjas broadcast the game as well?

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

We will see.

What is the UIL rule for a coach calling out refs in a interview? Just curious 

9 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Kjas broadcast the game as well?

Yes and it can be viewed now or at anytime by anyone for free. Just like all their other home games. It was fun going back and forth between the 2 to hear the different povs. Even though I was rooting for the dawgs, the Silsbee broadcast was more exciting. He does a better job of keeping the listeners into the atmosphere.

I'll try this again.

Just watched and slowed it down over and over,  noone can prove one way or another by kjas feed.  He definitely appears to have his hands on the ball before it reached the ground.  Also room to believe it could have touched the ground between his arms while completing the catch.  No way to tell if he had full control or not.  Inconclusive play stands as called Tigers win!

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

If that was a Jasper receiver an the script was flipped you’d be whining like no other. Lol

Your right! The game was decided by more than just that play. Why does Jasper only kick the ball 10-12 yards on kickoffs? They give up 30 yards of possible field position each time. 

Just now, BADSANTA said:

Your right! The game was decided by more than just that play. Why does Jasper only kick the ball 10-12 yards on kickoffs? They give up 30 yards of possible field position each time. 

Probably don’t wanna kick it deep to the guy standing back there… that’s usually the reason. Bellville does it to a good bit