Bellville vs West Orange Stark

BBfan061

5 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Unfortunately this is kinda the way I’m thinking. I hope I’m wrong.

I've been wrong about half this season. Correct about our program all year though. We are very woke. Yet still dreaming if anyone thinks we change now. We can't step into a phone booth and come out showing our true colors. The most talented 4th seed TEAM in the state. I believe so. But I don't keep up over 1000 teams like Tepper does. He, and others, thought we had enough coming back to make a run against the University of Carthage. Until they witnessed our 1st loss. PNGs first year staff showed us up and got a state ranking the following week. On the other hand, we completely dropped out of the top 10. One loss... playing up 2 divisions... to a team that ended up being pretty good (8-2, 6-1). It's not like we lost to Bridge City, or Alvarado (5-5, 2-2) by one point. So what changed that week? What did they see that was different about us? It couldn't have been the talent on the field. It was the same kids they knew would be back. The same kids that over performed as sophomores last year. The same kids... that could run the 50 in their sleep. We could show up unannounced, unprepared, and still find a way to compete by the 2nd half. Halftime adjustments, I remember them like it was yesterday. Anyone know what changed? Some people have been in denial at times, myself included, thinking things would turn the corner. I appreciate everyone saying "Mustangs by 10" and all that. Well... one of the star players was shooting baskets til it rained last night. Have we lost the coaching?  Have we lost the fan base? Have we lost the respect? Have we lost the kids? If so, that's the real loss. I know kids this season that transfered, quit, gave up, whatever you want to call it. All stems from one thing. One single thing.

Sorry for being long winded. Now this seems like something to post next Saturday morning. Definitely something the BOARD should hear in person.

WOS still has the speed and talent on the field. Bellville is still gonna have to play well Friday to get the W. If Bellville does I think they win by 14-21. I know that traditionally WOS has done well vs the Slot T. The only time this year they have saw it was what? The Vidor scrimmage?

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

WOS still has the speed and talent on the field. Bellville is still gonna have to play well Friday to get the W. If Bellville does I think they win by 14-21. I know that traditionally WOS has done well vs the Slot T. The only time this year they have saw it was what? The Vidor scrimmage?

I think so. Everyone else has switched to the Spread. Idk if our DC has ever seen it in actual game.

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v 

10 hours ago, marshman said:

That speaks volumes !

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

At least you have players that have from last year

True. Those kids haven't forgot what they learned over the last 10 years or so either. Maybe this new "Multiple Fronts Defense" can completely shut down the slot. We shall see.

Anyone heard anything about tickets yet? Did Splendora sale at the gate?

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

True. Those kids haven't forgot what they learned over the last 10 years or so either. Maybe this new "Multiple Fronts Defense" can completely shut down the slot. We shall see.

Anyone heard anything about tickets yet? Did Splendora sale at the gate?

They sold at the gate last year

4 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

If the kids play like they did against Silsbee and HF, and things go good early, WOS wins this one. I know that Tiger coaches are pulling for Bellville, that ought to tell u something.

I hope they do play like they did against HF and Silsbee… I don’t think that will get it done lol

2 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I hope they do play like they did against HF and Silsbee… I don’t think that will get it done lol

Well, scores dont always tell the story. They were very much in the Silsbee game till MIller comes out of the ambulance and turns into Superman. And they were one pass away from beating HF.  WOS is loaded with athletes that usually play extremely hard. If they come out on the field expecting to win, they will.  Dont get me wrong, I would like to see them exit this Tourn, cause if they beat Bellville, they may be unstoppable.

2 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

Well, scores dont always tell the story. They were very much in the Silsbee game till MIller comes out of the ambulance and turns into Superman. And they were one pass away from beating HF.  WOS is loaded with athletes that usually play extremely hard. If they come out on the field expecting to win, they will.  Dont get me wrong, I would like to see them exit this Tourn, cause if they beat Bellville, they may be unstoppable.

I was the one that opened the gate and let him in the phone booth. I should've threw some kryptonite in the phone booth before he came out of there.