Liberty (26) @ Bridge City (0) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 7:30:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Bridge City - 4A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 2, District Losses: 3, Overall Losses: 4

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Liberty- 4A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 1, Overall Wins: 2, District Losses: 4, Overall Losses: 6

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

Live Broadcast

2 hours ago, jdawg03 said:

Game Info:

Start: Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 7:30:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Bridge City - 4A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 2, District Losses: 3, Overall Losses: 4

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Liberty- 4A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 1, Overall Wins: 2, District Losses: 4, Overall Losses: 6

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

Live Broadcast

7/0/1      End of 1st qtr

You've alerted the ScoreboardBot:

Score Alert: Liberty(7) @ Bridge City(0) Q1 13:25

Am I correct that BC only beat Buna this year?? Yes, time for changes in the football program. Look at that district… They are gonna be with the WOS , Jasper, and Silsbee programs next year and perhaps in the future.  All the more reason to get a fresh start with a new head football coach and new assistant staff.  BC is a great town, but football is embarrassing, and those people and that community are too proud to accept 1-9 seasons and consistent losing seasons. 

4 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

Am I correct that BC only beat Buna this year?? Yes, time for changes in the football program. Look at that district… They are gonna be with the WOS , Jasper, and Silsbee programs next year and perhaps in the future.  All the more reason to get a fresh start with a new head football coach and new assistant staff.  BC is a great town, but football is embarrassing, and those people and that community are too proud to accept 1-9 seasons and consistent losing seasons. 

I know a coach only has 7 years to win a championship. And I know a coach only has a limited time when the expectations were already high. 

So how long do you give the new coach at BC to win, when there hasn't been any success recently?

11 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I know a coach only has 7 years to win a championship. And I know a coach only has a limited time when the expectations were already high. 

So how long do you give the new coach at BC to win, when there hasn't been any success recently?

We dropped down a classification and got smoked by every single team in the district. 

It’s safe to say that we’re in a worse spot than we were two years ago. The system would work with better personnel, but we don’t have any D1 qb prospects in the stable… so we’re gonna suck in the spread. Adapt or die. 

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

I’d say expectations are slightly different at these two schools as well… not sure it’s comparable lol

I'm not the one that started that comparison. And now that I look back, @Gametime5 says "those people and that community." Obviously not from BC. So I think he's just trolling to stir it up.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:55 AM, CardinalBacker said:

We dropped down a classification and got smoked by every single team in the district. 

It’s safe to say that we’re in a worse spot than we were two years ago. The system would work with better personnel, but we don’t have any D1 qb prospects in the stable… so we’re gonna suck in the spread. Adapt or die. 

Do you really have to have a D1 quarterback to win in the spread? Or can you just grow good HS football players through a consistent program and keep the same coordinators for more than a year?

7 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

Do you really have to have a D1 quarterback to win in the spread? Or can you just grow good HS football players through a consistent program and keep the same coordinators for more than a year?

If you want to beat the teams in our District?  Yes.  You'd better have a gunslinger.  We don't.  Haven't.  Won't in the foreseeable future.  

So where does that leave us?  With four or five WRs who can't catch and QB who can't throw.  And a defense that's never lines up against a good offense until Friday nights.  Sounds like a good recipe to me.

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you want to beat the teams in our District?  Yes.  You'd better have a gunslinger.  We don't.  Haven't.  Won't in the foreseeable future.  

So where does that leave us?  With four or five WRs who can't catch and QB who can't throw.  And a defense that's never lines up against a good offense until Friday nights.  Sounds like a good recipe to me.

Just because you're in the spread doesn't mean you have to throw it around the yard. Watch teams like Lindale, it all starts up front. Hard to develop qb when he runs for his life every snap. BC usually has tough kids, get big, stay in the spread and run the ball consistently. Can't tell me there isn't a shortstop in BC that cant sprint out and throw a completion.

1 minute ago, TheOutsider said:

Just because you're in the spread doesn't mean you have to throw it around the yard. Watch teams like Lindale, it all starts up front. Hard to develop qb when he runs for his life every snap. BC usually has tough kids, get big, stay in the spread and run the ball consistently. Can't tell me there isn't a shortstop in BC that cant sprint out and throw a completion.

You're not gonna beat Silsbee, WOS, and Jasper with a re-treaded shortstop.  

The spread doesn't work when there isn't a passing threat.  They just load the box and stuff the run.  Ask me how I know?  Because I've seen it over and over.  Heck, it happened all year this year.  I'm not saying that it can't be successful.  I'm saying that it won't be successful here because we don't develop qbs.  If we had a stud qb transfer, he wouldn't even have a backup that could move the ball. So what do we do? Hope the coach will get with the youth football guys, convince them to make sure that the best qb prospects start attending camps and getting private coaches so that they'll be the guy that we need in 4-6 years from now? C'mon.  

I guarantee you that the second string qb on PNG's JV team is better than anybody we suited up to go under center this year.  I'm of the opinion that the coach kinda believed that BC is similar to the place he came from... it's not.  

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You're not gonna beat Silsbee, WOS, and Jasper with a re-treaded shortstop.  

The spread doesn't work when there isn't a passing threat.  They just load the box and stuff the run.  Ask me how I know?  Because I've seen it over and over.  Heck, it happened all year this year.  I'm not saying that it can't be successful.  I'm saying that it won't be successful here because we don't develop qbs.  If we had a stud qb transfer, he wouldn't even have a backup that could move the ball. So what do we do? Hope the coach will get with the youth football guys, convince them to make sure that the best qb prospects start attending camps and getting private coaches so that they'll be the guy that we need in 4-6 years from now? C'mon.  

I guarantee you that the second string qb on PNG's JV team is better than anybody we suited up to go under center this year.  I'm of the opinion that the coach kinda believed that BC is similar to the place he came from... it's not.  

That's what I'm trying to say, you have to develop those guys, just like every other position. You think that second string on PNGs JV just was born and better than anyone at BC? No. PNG has a QB every year because Faircloth had a system and developed those guys over years. I'm not saying the QB next year will be lighting it up (he did get hurt if I heard right) but you have to look at is he progessing each year and well as the guys behind him. BC isn't gonna get good overnight, it's going to take a few years to get better. You have to look at the progress or decline of the overall program.  Is it getting better? Stay the course.  Is it getting worse, make a change.