Silsbee vs Jasper

STigerNation

I can see this game is gonna be interesting.  Both mentally & physically.

Only thing I know for sure is that, if both teams are lucky, it will be raining when this game starts and will be played in the rain until finished.  

If there is no lightning.

Either a complete game in the rain or a re-start Saturday sometime. 

Coach SSmith has proven he wwill call any play in almost any situation when the heavens open up.

Fact.

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

I can see this game is gonna be interesting.  Both mentally & physically.

Only thing I know for sure is that, if both teams are lucky, it will be raining when this game starts and will be played in the rain until finished.  

If there is no lightning.

Either a complete game in the rain or a re-start Saturday sometime. 

Coach SSmith has proven he wwill call any play in almost any situation when the heavens open up.

Fact.

I've seen Silsbee throw it deep in the rain many times!! 

21 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The rain was so thick I couldn't see... but I know they did multiple times.

That game was as nasty as I have ever seen a game played. I stayed home and the Regional Finals vs WOS was about 45 min off Hwy 99 from me. I think we got 5 inches of rain on my side of town. 

1 minute ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

lets not start the rhetoric. you yourself said it was a referee issue.

It was. I have no problem with Jasper wanting to stick with the crew they have for Friday night. Coach doing what he believes is best for his team. Got no problem with that.

Just saying Silsbee was willing to play Thursday with another officiating crew if necessary but Jasper wanted to keep that same crew and that crew was not available for Thursday.

Is what it is.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It was. I have no problem with Jasper wanting to stick with the crew they have for Friday night. Coach doing what he believes is best for his team. Got no problem with that.

Just saying Silsbee was willing to play Thursday with another officiating crew if necessary but Jasper wanted to keep that same crew and that crew was not available for Thursday.

Is what it is.

you know as well as I do, statements like that lead to the not so smarts to believing that Jasper is somehow(which they have NOT ever) "afraid" or dodging your team.

If the weather is supposed to come through from about 7pm through 3 or 4 am in the morning then chances are there could be problems by halftime or so moving to Thursday was the best option or waiting till Saturday but Jasper is at home I would hate for them to suspend the game till the next day go home come back to finish.

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

There may be a few showers early but the front with the real bad weather comes through about 11 or 12 pm.

I know they want to make sure that the game is completed before the worst weather moves in, but they should also account for the Silsbee team and their fans' ability to get a bite to eat and get home, too. If it were me (thank goodness it's not), I'd move the start time back to 5 or 5:30. I know it's sacrilege to be compassionate to them at all, but maybe I'm growing up a little. 😂😂

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Is what it is.

There was no guarantee that the change was going to work anyway, cause the Houston chapter might not have  wanted to send a crew up to Jasper, as Jasper always uses their Homies from the Beaumont chapter.  lol

On 10/31/2022 at 5:30 PM, chefkland76 said:

Hate to miss this game and the first round of the playoffs!!! But hopefully my Bulldogs will give me a few rounds in the playoffs!! 

All in all I'm very proud of my community and very proud of Coach C and very proud of Jasper Athletics!! The future is very bright!!!

Silsbee 45

Jasper 47

lol out of all the team's jasper done played and haven't scored 47 yet, you think they finna score it on us, but one thing you did get right was our score lol,

30 minutes ago, T-Lu said:

lol out of all the team's jasper done played and haven't scored 47 yet, you think they finna score it on us, but one thing you did get right was our score lol,

lol, running the score up on the bridge city, HJ and Liberty's of the world isn't that impressive.

37 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

lol, running the score up on the bridge city, HJ and Liberty's of the world isn't that impressive.

So what do you suppose they do, lay down and stop playing. It wasn’t running the score up. It was playing ball. Half of their points were scored in the first half.