Surprised There's no Thread About Paypal Yet

bullets13

This is the hidden content, please

Paypal recently updated their terms of service to include their right to fine users up to $2,500 for things like using their service to promote disinformation.  This is absolutely terrifying.  Can you imagine having a company be able to drain your account with them because they disagree with you politically?  After facing massive backlash they've crawfished on this new policy, but if my understanding is correct, they still have in place a fine up to $2500 for breaking the following rule:

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that … relate to … the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime ….

I think this is a fine rule, and they should be able to enforce some sort of ban or make you close your account if you violate it, but to straight up steal people's money based on your interpretation of their actions is insanity.

Ok, i’ll ask…..I have a separate bank account for Paypal, which has way less than $2500. How can Paypal fine me, or take my money? I happen to like Paypal. It makes online purchases so much easier. On Amazon, I just click pay now. Don’t even have to access Paypal.

Also, how does Paypal find out my political stances? Thanks.

20 minutes ago, baddog said:

Ok, i’ll ask…..I have a separate bank account for Paypal, which has way less than $2500. How can Paypal fine me, or take my money? I happen to like Paypal. It makes online purchases so much easier. On Amazon, I just click pay now. Don’t even have to access Paypal.

Also, how does Paypal find out my political stances? Thanks.

Before the fine was retracted by PayPal I had read and heard reporters talking about people reporting others for posts on social media. You know, the everyone gets a trophy crowd that needs safe spaces and are easily offended turning others in.