Wos at Newton sept 16

lcm93

1 minute ago, 89Falcon said:

"The records irrelevant"? The record is the "only thing that is relevant". I have never seen "yards between tackles" on a coach's record. If WOS makes a deep playoff run, there will be no memory of the "yards between the tackles" in week 2 and 3.  

It's irrelevent after 3 games... ive never seen a 3 game title run. Have you?

The defense, as it stands, will not support a long playoff run. That's why we're asking question... and hoping changes are made.

This is a message board, ya know. It's kind of what you do here.

18 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

The defense, as it stands, will not support a long playoff run. That's why we're asking question... and hoping changes are made.

Definitely know this is a "message board" and what we "do here". Just commenting like everyone else. 

15 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

West Orange Stark will be just fine this year. Just because they lost to PNG does not mean they have significant problems. Heck, they lost to a good, larger program. You can't win them all and a lot of good may come from that loss. I see WOS edging out Newton this Friday, and making a deep run in the playoffs. For my Newton Eagles, win or loose, this game will help Newton become a stronger team. I believe Newton will play hard Friday and make it a game. The 3A-D2 teams will have a very difficult time in beating the Eagles this year. 

And you a Newton resident saying Wos gonna edge out the Eagles.. Thats weak thinking.. Smh..terrible

I wouldn’t look to much into woodville game ,150 yard in penalties against Newton .. over half for chop block, then add in a bad snap on punt inside the 30.  Newton came into game sluggish. perfect ingredients for failure.

lost to a good woodville team by 1 point , from the 9 on 4th down , incomplete pass in the end zone with 10 seconds left in game. 

11 hours ago, OleMoe said:

And you a Newton resident saying Wos gonna edge out the Eagles.. Thats weak thinking.. Smh..terrible

I'm not a Newton resident. Also, I can think on my own and have my opinion. That is not weak thinking. I hope the Eagles win and I am confident it will make the Eagles better whether they win or lose. However, my personal opinion is that WOS will edge out the Eagles this Friday. That is not knocking the Eagles by any shape or form as I think Newton can win a state title this year with the team they have. I speak highly on the Eagles and believe they are pretty darn good this year. 

On 9/13/2022 at 9:06 PM, Gasilla said:

Hey I'm with u. And after speaking to someone that's there.unless they go back to what they know.this will be a short season!!they personal to run this defense that they are forcing on these kids.even at the 7th grade and 8th grade on up.dont have the type of kids to do this.i really don't see anything gud coming out of this

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Lol, he said they were bigger. Last time I checked png has been bigger than us for the last 30 yrs. My first problem with this was.why didn't they look at how w.o been able to be png in recent years ?? And after png first possession they threw an INT. Why,all of sudden u run a cover 3. And everytime we substitute its always players going into the game not knowing what to do.all I can say is hoping for better days !!

6 hours ago, dj said:

Hey I'm with u. And after speaking to someone that's there.unless they go back to what they know.this will be a short season!!they personal to run this defense that they are forcing on these kids.even at the 7th grade and 8th grade on up.dont have the type of kids to do this.i really don't see anything gud coming out of this

LOL. WOS "dont have the type of kids to do this". True "brilliance". 

Still waiting for someone to tell me if the DL are no longer lining up at 0,1,2,3,4,5? LBs still filling gaps? What is it that the "type of kids" "cant do"?

10 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

LOL. WOS "dont have the type of kids to do this". True "brilliance". 

Still waiting for someone to tell me if the DL are no longer lining up at 0,1,2,3,4,5? LBs still filling gaps? What is it that the "type of kids" "cant do"?

In the 50 they do shoot those gaps.it puts pressure on the oline.and with a rover coming off the edge its very difficult for any tackle to make that block.with ur Lbs shooting gaps too. And now this 4/2/5 he has a very undersized dline this year it catches up to us less talent. And now u have them trying to use there hands and get off blocks.and at the same time read what the oline is doing.while both Lbs sitting trying to read and make plays.they thought Lbs would be free to make plays.that will only work against teams that are smaller than us. And then u running a cover 3.something they have never done.middle of the field is wide up.against teams that aren't as talented as us.it works.but, against talented teams we hoping for alot of luck.hoping the kids can get off blocks and make plays.the hardest part abt all this is we have a couple of corners that can man up against anyone!! And we haven't been using this true strength on defense.ik u can't be great every year.thats why u have to take what a kid does well and go from there on teaching.its not there fault there trying to learn on the fly.

18 hours ago, dj said:

I take it the jv is running the same defense. Cause I've seen they been giving up a ton of points this years too. I'm use to seeing our jv shut other teams out 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:49 AM, MackLewis said:

Will be an interesting matchup.   Talk about a meltdown…. If this new 4-2-5 defense can’t stop the Newton running game, it will get loud in WO.

I’m still going with WOS, Newton is young, and WOS should have the horses to win, despite lack of coaching.    Curious to see if the new DC can make adjustments and Coach these kids up.   

You know Newton will throw tons of formations at WOS to see if they can get lined up.   This is a game where the 50 defense and CT will be missed the most.

Woodville runs a 4-2-5