Stefanik Congratulates Hageman

That didn't take long.  The GOP Conference Chair, Elise Stefanik (NY) has already congratulated Hageman on defeating Liz Cheney.  This was done less than 40 minutes after the polls closed in Wyoming.  

She does this before any MSM calls the race to my knowledge.  If this isn't unprecedented I'd be shocked.   GOP chair calling a primary within the party before MSM!  

Some will say it was not an "in party race."

7 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

That didn't take long.  The GOP Conference Chair, Elise Stefanik (NY) has already congratulated Hageman on defeating Liz Cheney.  This was done less than 40 minutes after the polls closed in Wyoming.  

She does this before any MSM calls the race to my knowledge.  If this isn't unprecedented I'd be shocked.   GOP chair calling a primary within the party before MSM!  

Some will say it was not an "in party race."

It wasn’t  a hard call to make.

When there are five people going for one position in an election it would be easy to think that they would have to be a runoff. If four candidates got 13% each and the fifth blew all of them away, it would still be a runoff. that is because the first place candidate would only have 48%.

In this case that hope by Cheney was crushed because #1 beat her by more than 2-1.

When an incumbent cannot even get 30%, not either general  election, but from her own party…..

I am sure the exit polling showed this was not even a contact. Cheney knew what was coming and it was only a matter pride to even had her enter the race.

40 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

“Liz Cheney compared herself to Abraham Lincoln last night in her concession speech. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves from the Democrats, he didn’t become a slave to the Democrats.”

- Lauren Boebart - US House Candidate 

We got posters on here just as delusional as Cheney, TDS apparently doesn't discriminate. 

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

“Liz Cheney compared herself to Abraham Lincoln last night in her concession speech. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves from the Democrats, he didn’t become a slave to the Democrats.”

- Lauren Boebart - US House Candidate 

Always funny when I see conservatives talking about Republicans freeing slaves.  the republicans of the 1800s and early 1900s were the liberal, big government party, and the democrats were ultra-conservative, Bible-driven, big-business and small government party.  Make no mistake about it: every single one of you in here that voted for Trump would've been a democrat at the time that the Republicans ended slavery.  I'm not saying that as an accusation that a single one of you are racist, but simply basing it on all other political views.  

30 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Always funny when I see conservatives talking about Republicans freeing slaves.  the republicans of the 1800s and early 1900s were the liberal, big government party, and the democrats were ultra-conservative, Bible-driven, big-business and small government party.  Make no mistake about it: every single one of you in here that voted for Trump would've been a democrat at the time that the Republicans ended slavery.  I'm not saying that as an accusation that a single one of you are racist, but simply basing it on all other political views.  

Facts!

40 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Bogus statement, you're saying every conservative would have been pro-slavery?

The fact that you threw in Bible driven speaks volumes about the undertone of your post.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

To be fair, with Cheney's recent political actions I think Biden could've endorsed Hageman, but Cheney's denunciation of Trump was a big part of it for sure.

The fact that Cheney was beaten is not shocking. The fact that Hagerman won  2/3s of all votes combined against 4 other candidates is very telling. 

39 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Bogus statement, you're saying every conservative would have been pro-slavery?

The fact that you threw in Bible driven speaks volumes about the undertone of your post.

Nonsense.  No, it doesn't.  There were no undertones to my post, only facts.  You're missing the point, as clear as it was.  Between the late 1800s and early 1930s the democrats and republicans swapped platforms on every major issue.  

When the Republican party abolished slavery in the 1860s (as today's conservatives are so fond of pointing out), they were extremely liberal, and stood for literally everything that the democratic party stands for today.  Our republican party today stands for everything the democrats (who were pro-slavery) stood for when slavery was abolished.  

Whether or not every present-day conservative would have been pro-slavery or not is irrelevant, but the overwhelming majority of conservatives in the 1860s sure were.  taking slavery completely out of the equation, the democrats of 1865 agreed with present-day conservatives on essentially everything.  All that having been said, yes, most conservatives today would've been pro-slavery.  We've had 160 years to dwell on how it was wrong, but back them it was just a means to a successful business, and the racism of the conservative south wasn't even considered a bad thing by most folks, just a part of life.  I doubt many of today's conservatives would've been any better than the conservatives of 150 years ago, if raised in that situation with those view points, regardless of how well we think of ourselves today.  If there were some way to teleport today's conservatives to the 1800s with today's understanding and world view, then sure, most of them would be anti-slavery.  

The whole point of my post was to illustrate how ironic it is that present-day conservatives go out of their way to claim credit for what the liberals of the 1860s did, who's beliefs, platform, and politics in no way aligned with the conservative's politics of today.  

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

No, it doesn't.  There are no undertones to my post, only facts.  You're missing the point, as clear as it was.  Between the late 1800s and early 1930s the democrats and republicans swapped platforms on every major issue.  

When the Republican party abolished slavery in the 1860s (as today's conservatives are so fond of pointing out), they stood for literally everything that the democratic party stands for today.  Our republican party today stands for everything the democrats (who were pro-slavery) stood for when slavery was abolished.  

Whether or not every present-day conservative would have been pro-slavery or not is irrelevant, but the overwhelming majority of conservatives in the 1860s sure were.  taking slavery completely out of the equation, the democrats of 1865 agreed with present-day conservatives on essentially everything.  

The whole point of my post was to illustrate how ironic it is that present-day conservatives go out of their way to claim credit for what the liberals of the 1860s did, who's beliefs, platform, and politics in no way aligned with the conservative's politics of today.  

The Democratic party was the party of racists in 1860 (still are today) , they were the party of the Southern states while the Republican party was the party of the northern states.  While the KKK was not created within the Democratic party, it was created to push back on Reconstruction and later infused every southern state, all of which were Democrat party states.

The Democrats carried this for sure into the 1960s and I think still carry that thought process today.

So Democrats were conservative except for that little issue of slavery, which the Republicans abolished, I would say that is worth laying claim to.

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The Democratic party was the party of racists in 1860 (still are today) , they were the party of the Southern states while the Republican party was the party of the northern states.  While the KKK was not created within the Democratic party, it was created to push back on Reconstruction and later infused every southern state, all of which were Democrat party states.

The Democrats carried this for sure into the 1960s and I think still carry that thought process today.

So Democrats were conservative except for that little issue of slavery, which the Republicans abolished, I would say that is worth laying claim to.

As I've now stated three times, the republicans of the north that you're celebrating believed in all things that democrats do today.  the "racist democrats of the south" had beliefs that all aligned with what are now conservative republicans.  If you took the parties of today and went back 150 years, you would be one of the "racist democrats of the south".  Heck, I would be, too, for that matter, based on most of my political leanings.  This is not an indication that I, or you, believe that slavery was a good thing.  I don't believe that, and I don't think you do either.  But that said, you do not belong to the group of people that abolished slavery.  While in name only Republicans abolished slavery, it was the party and platform of the liberals that accomplished it.  Conservatives had nothing to do with it, and in fact fought tooth and nail to keep it.  To tout the abolishment of slavery as a major party victory to be thrown in the face of democrats is as delusional as those posters you mentioned earlier.  Lauren Boebert 150 years ago would've been outraged that slavery was abolished, without a doubt.  

34 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

As I've now stated three times, the republicans of the north that you're celebrating believed in all things that democrats do today.  the "racist democrats of the south" had beliefs that all aligned with what are now conservative republicans.  If you took the parties of today and went back 150 years, you would be one of the "racist democrats of the south".  Heck, I would be, too, for that matter, based on most of my political leanings.  This is not an indication that I, or you, believe that slavery was a good thing.  I don't believe that, and I don't think you do either.  But that said, you do not belong to the group of people that abolished slavery.  While in name only Republicans abolished slavery, it was the party and platform of the liberals that accomplished it.  Conservatives had nothing to do with it, and in fact fought tooth and nail to keep it.  To tout the abolishment of slavery as a major party victory to be thrown in the face of democrats is as delusional as those posters you mentioned earlier.  Lauren Boebert 150 years ago would've been outraged that slavery was abolished, without a doubt.  

Heard this argument also, doesn't make it true to proclaim fact after you say it.

Conservatism has been tied to communism, fascism...the list goes on.  Never bought into it.

Democrats in 1860 wanted to keep slavery and today's Democrats want to have it in place as well.  Every policy they propose is to control folk's lives.

Funny how liberal policies after 1865 weren't destroying the country but now they are, weird.

To make a statement like that about Boebert is ridiculous, if she wanted some form of slavery back , she would be a Democrat because we KNOW Robert Byrd would have been outraged.

52 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is hilarious... tell me you don't know history without telling me you don't know history

D's were the party of the south? Which party to this day believes and flys the confederate flag? SMH clueless 

11 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Heard this argument also, doesn't make it true to proclaim fact after you say it.

Conservatism has been tied to communism, fascism...the list goes on.  Never bought into it.

Democrats in 1860 wanted to keep slavery and today's Democrats want to have it in place as well.  Every policy they propose is to control folk's lives.

Funny how liberal policies after 1865 weren't destroying the country but now they are, weird.

To make a statement like that about Boebert is ridiculous, if she wanted some form of slavery back , she would be a Democrat because we KNOW Robert Byrd would have been outraged.

Fred trump would be outraged also SMH