High Island Open

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t do it Aggie. Years ago I watched a game when W Sabine played H Island. WS was trailing by 3 points with time running out, WS running back broke into the clear and was running uncontested to the end zone but the mosquitos drug him down on the ten yard line. W S lost. 

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Don’t do it Aggie. Years ago I watched a game when W Sabine played H Island. WS was trailing by 3 points with time running out, WS running back broke into the clear and was running uncontested to the end zone but the mosquitos drug him down on the ten yard line. W S lost. 

Living down here now I have gotten used to those things.

High Island mostly schedules day games when at home. Night games with no wind are unbearable.

4 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

How does High Island ever lose a home game?  

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’ve heard in six man football, the scorekeeper is required to keep a working calculator.  😂👽😂

Never saw a game but I heard they’re very exciting.

I have seen a few over the last few years.

First 6 man broadcast I ever did was out of the bed of a pick up truck at Orange Community Christian.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I have seen a few over the last few years.

First 6 man broadcast I ever did was out of the bed of a pick up truck at Orange Community Christian.

Just got out of coaching six man after doing it for years. It's a lot of fun, and if your guys can't open field tackle, get ready for a basketball score!

I think High Island might have hired. Right before I left Dime Box a few weeks ago, I talked to the coach over there, so I'm pretty sure they have hired. Does OCC still play six man? They used to be in my TAPPS district back when I was at Brenham Christian.

On 7/10/2022 at 5:25 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Just looked it up on Google maps. Literally right on the edge of nothing. Looks like a great atmosphere for 6 man football. Gonna put it on my bucket list.

Bucket list? To each their own.. I guess.  My bucket list definitely doesn’t have Chester Football Field on it.  I’m leaning more towards skydiving or swimming with sharks.  But Chester could be fun, too.