So I dont post anymore...but this makes me mad...

Actually, WB is in one of the weakest 5A districts in the state. The fact that they did not get mentioned until page six is not shocking at all.  The "West Orange Enterprise" never fails to leave out the teams in the immediate Beaumont area.  It would be hilarious if everyone quit subscribing to the daily wipe and bought the Port Arthur News instead.

Guest WBFan09

Yup, V's right about the weak district... i do believe they're being represented by a 3-7 team in the playoffs.

almost every district has a team with a losing record in the playoffs

WB has a good team.  Well coached.  They are in a weak district though and have only played two teams this season that finished above 500.  They also have the luxury of playing a weak HISD opponent in the first round.  Hopefully when they win this week they can at least share the front sports page with WOS.

Guest FPHS 78

The West Brook Bruins go undefeated and win the championship in one of the toughest 5A districts in the state...and are not mentioned until page 6 in the Beaumont Enterprise

i know what you are talking about...the mid county enterprise...kelly beats defending state champs and gets a little blip on page 4

our hometown paper is a joke

I don't know what your BE looks like when it gets to your house, but I darned sure don't see an over-abundance of WOS in it!  As a matter of fact, I have to hunt with a magnifying glass for WOS info.

I know....maybe they have our subscriptions mixed up.  Maybe the paper with all the WOS stuff should have come to my house, and they printed all the WB stuff and put it in MY paper.

As for calling it the West Orange Enterprise....you've been drinking too much koolaid.

Guest DoubleDown

WB has a good team.  Well coached.  They are in a weak district though and have only played two teams this season that finished above 500.  They also have the luxury of playing a weak HISD opponent in the first round.  Hopefully when they win this week they can at least share the front sports page with WOS.

21-5A did not live up to the competitive level of last year. Kingwood and PAM were huge let downs this year. Lee had to battle injuries. It was good to see WB play a good D like Humble before the playoffs. On paper they look good the first 2 rounds. Cy Falls might be waiting again in 3rd. WB's D is a lot stronger this year. We'll see..... Good Luck Bruins.

I don't know what your BE looks like when it gets to your house, but I darned sure don't see an over-abundance of WOS in it!  As a matter of fact, I have to hunt with a magnifying glass for WOS info.

I know....maybe they have our subscriptions mixed up.  Maybe the paper with all the WOS stuff should have come to my house, and they printed all the WB stuff and put it in MY paper.

As for calling it the West Orange Enterprise....you've been drinking too much koolaid.

not sure what is wrong with you...but i was referring to the lack of BEAUMONT'S main school in the BEAUMONT paper...not the lack of WEST ORANGE stark in BEAUMONT'S paper???

Actually, WB is in one of the weakest 5A districts in the state. The fact that they did not get mentioned until page six is not shocking at all.  The "West Orange Enterprise" never fails to leave out the teams in the immediate Beaumont area.  It would be hilarious if everyone quit subscribing to the daily wipe and bought the Port Arthur News instead.

Maybe that's where I am going wrong...I am buying the Orange Leader on Saturdays....perhaps...I need to buy the Beaumont "West Orange" Enterprise...now that's comedic... ;D

not sure what is wrong with you...but i was referring to the lack of BEAUMONT'S main school in the BEAUMONT paper...not the lack of WEST ORANGE stark in BEAUMONT'S paper???

Wait a second!  First of all, I was being light-hearted with my comment, but was referring to your sarcastic "WEST ORANGE ENTERPRISE". (And I went back and looked and "V" made that comment, not you, so my post wasn't directed at you, Purple) I didn't know you were going to take my response so personally.  I understand where you are coming from, but I'd like for you to understand the news media in the area.  I feel sorry for the Orange Leader and KOGT. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.  I heard someone in the stands last year complaining that KOGT wasn't covering a WOS game which very well could have been the game of the week.  However, at the beginning of the season when KOGT booked their spots, they could not have aniticipated that particular game would have been the game of the week.  They do the best they can with all of the schools in the area that expect coverage.  Same with the Orange Leader.  There are 5 schools in Orange County.  Add to that Deweyville (which also deserves coverage) and a bit of news from other "area" schools, and you have an extremely short-handed overworked couple of reporters from the Orange Leader.  I feel for those guys, too, because if one school gets a bigger picture on it than another school, the phone calls start.  I am as big a fan of WOS as anybody else, but I cannot stand for ANY fans (from any school) to persecute the press for lack of coverage.  And YOUR post, sir, was a cut at the Beaumont Enterprise aimed at their coverage of WOS.  If it were not, you would not have called it the West Orange Enterprise. 

I apologize to you for trying to be funny with MY post, but certainly did not expect a response like that from you.  You need to put yourself in the place of those reporters and pick up a pen if you think you can do a better job.

The  Enterprise is pretty much a rag when it comes to local sports coverage.  If it isn't a reprint from the AP it doesn't get posted.  I remember always having stats on Saturday morning from the Friday games.  I can read those AP stories a day or two before they print them here on this site.

I no longer live in the area and try to keep up on the Enterprise website. If you think the printed paper is a joke try the online version...it is a rag of the rag.

As for the paper version....my dad cancelled it after 20 years of getting it. Just not worth it. Hey....I will come write for you Enterprise! Show me the money!

I no longer live in the area and try to keep up on the Enterprise website. If you think the printed paper is a joke try the online version...it is a rag of the rag.

As for the paper version....my dad cancelled it after 20 years of getting it. Just not worth it. Hey....I will come write for you Enterprise! Show me the money!

You're right about the online version.  It's a pure joke.

Wait a second!  First of all, I was being light-hearted with my comment, but was referring to your sarcastic "WEST ORANGE ENTERPRISE". (And I went back and looked and "V" made that comment, not you, so my post wasn't directed at you, Purple) I didn't know you were going to take my response so personally.  I understand where you are coming from, but I'd like for you to understand the news media in the area.  I feel sorry for the Orange Leader and KOGT. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.  I heard someone in the stands last year complaining that KOGT wasn't covering a WOS game which very well could have been the game of the week.  However, at the beginning of the season when KOGT booked their spots, they could not have aniticipated that particular game would have been the game of the week.  They do the best they can with all of the schools in the area that expect coverage.  Same with the Orange Leader.  There are 5 schools in Orange County.  Add to that Deweyville (which also deserves coverage) and a bit of news from other "area" schools, and you have an extremely short-handed overworked couple of reporters from the Orange Leader.  I feel for those guys, too, because if one school gets a bigger picture on it than another school, the phone calls start.  I am as big a fan of WOS as anybody else, but I cannot stand for ANY fans (from any school) to persecute the press for lack of coverage.  And YOUR post, sir, was a cut at the Beaumont Enterprise aimed at their coverage of WOS.  If it were not, you would not have called it the West Orange Enterprise. 

I apologize to you for trying to be funny with MY post, but certainly did not expect a response like that from you.  You need to put yourself in the place of those reporters and pick up a pen if you think you can do a better job.

sorry about that i misread your post..i thought you were honestly complaining about the lack of WOS stuff in the BE.  The thing I am complaining about is that its almost like the BE tries NOT to report on any good news that is happening at WB. The only way WB can seem to make the front page is if something horrible happens there, or they lose to one of the other Beaumont schools.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin