Hamshire-Fannett 55 Houston Washington 93/FINAL

1 minute ago, Cherokee88 said:

How will the Beaumont longhorns be remembered? 

2020- 4th place 

2021- 3rd place 

2022-3rd place

All the controversy that was created a couple of years ago, and it kind of seems like these guys were always a little underwhelming as a whole. How does HF project for the future?

Meanwhile, Tigee turns around Nimitz in year one.  If he had stuck around, HF either wins that district or shares the title imo.  He’s that good.  And no one bring up last year unless you’ve been asleep since for the last 2 years.  

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Hamshire-Fannett 55 Houston Washington 93/FINAL
1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Meanwhile, Tigee turns around Nimitz in year one.  If he had stuck around, HF either wins that district or shares the title imo.  He’s that good.  And no one bring up last year unless you’ve been asleep since for the last 2 years.  

Nimitz brought every player back last year from a team that was young and competitive, I remember watching them against la porte last year, Nimitz was pretty dang athletic. He has done a good job though but like I always tell people you have to have talent to win and he had that at fannett for sure 

They probably would have finished the same.  To much me,me,me on the team and not enough team.  That showed last night and in previous losses with HJ and Huffman.  The Washington team played together and should go far in the playoffs, if not outright win it.  As soon as HF got down, one player tried to take on the whole Washington team and all the others could do was stand and watch.  Washington was hitting shots and making great passes to the open man.  They were just as excited to make a great pass as they were to hit a shot.  You did not see that from HF at all during the big games over the last three years.   You might say well, the coach could have changed that but even with the previous coach the same thing was going on.  That has been the problem with them the last three years.  This team won a lot of games over the last three years but overall were a big disappointment because they couldn't play together when they needed too.  HF should be ok with the new coach in charge because the kids he has coming thru the next few years play together and share the ball.  

10 minutes ago, OVER THE HILL said:

They probably would have finished the same.  To much me,me,me on the team and not enough team.  That showed last night and in previous losses with HJ and Huffman.  The Washington team played together and should go far in the playoffs, if not outright win it.  As soon as HF got down, one player tried to take on the whole Washington team and all the others could do was stand and watch.  Washington was hitting shots and making great passes to the open man.  They were just as excited to make a great pass as they were to hit a shot.  You did not see that from HF at all during the big games over the last three years.   You might say well, the coach could have changed that but even with the previous coach the same thing was going on.  That has been the problem with them the last three years.  This team won a lot of games over the last three years but overall were a big disappointment because they couldn't play together when they needed too.  HF should be ok with the new coach in charge because the kids he has coming thru the next few years play together and share the ball.  

The new coach does a great job, tigee did also but I agree that group should have been better they got bounced out last year in first round 

10 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

2020- 4th place 

2021- 3rd place 

2022-3rd place

All the controversy that was created a couple of years ago, and it kind of seems like these guys were always a little underwhelming as a whole. How does HF project for the future?

3 straight winning seasons vs 1 in over a decade prior? The entire culture has changed at that school when it comes to basketball. The JV obliterated everyone in that district and for the first time in school history they hired back to back basketball coaches instead of football guys who took a stipend to coach the team. HF if I'm not mistaken is the only school in the district where the basketball coach has to coach football and other sports to make up for salary. That's a big deal when you are going up against coaches who get to focus 100% on basketball. So I'm proud of our guys, no it wasn't the season it could have been, but for my kid he enjoyed coming to HF, going to school with family, and making new friends. He only got to play one year of varsity but proved what he needed as he has multiple offers with more to come to play at the next level. 

1 minute ago, Cardinal 1 said:

3 straight winning seasons vs 1 in over a decade prior? The entire culture has changed at that school when it comes to basketball. The JV obliterated everyone in that district and for the first time in school history they hired back to back basketball coaches instead of football guys who took a stipend to coach the team. HF if I'm not mistaken is the only school in the district where the basketball coach has to coach football and other sports to make up for salary. That's a big deal when you are going up against coaches who get to focus 100% on basketball. So I'm proud of our guys, no it wasn't the season it could have been, but for my kid he enjoyed coming to HF, going to school with family, and making new friends. He only got to play one year of varsity but proved what he needed as he has multiple offers with more to come to play at the next level. 

Well let’s be honest a lot of those coaches that were at fannett didn’t have the talent those other coaches had, Fannett had 4 new players come over who were studs. 

I agree the culture changed when they hired actual basketball coaches.  After watching about 60 games or so the last 3 years, I feel like I have a good handle on the teams capabilities and what could have been.  I also enjoyed watching your son cardinal 1 and my son enjoyed playing with him, he tried to play team basketball even though he could have fallen right in with the me, me, me stuff, he didn't.  I think he will do well at the next level.  

10 hours ago, Cherokee88 said:

2020- 4th place 

2021- 3rd place 

2022-3rd place

I don’t know. Some bozo on here was saying they was going to ranked in the top ten this year. Maybe he can answer that question for you. 

18 minutes ago, OVER THE HILL said:

I agree the culture changed when they hired actual basketball coaches.  After watching about 60 games or so the last 3 years, I feel like I have a good handle on the teams capabilities and what could have been.  I also enjoyed watching your son cardinal 1 and my son enjoyed playing with him, he tried to play team basketball even though he could have fallen right in with the me, me, me stuff, he didn't.  I think he will do well at the next level.  

They had pace and jacks, those guys were basketball coaches, they just didn’t have the talent . 

11 minutes ago, bigboss667 said:

Well let’s be honest a lot of those coaches that were at fannett didn’t have the talent those other coaches had, Fannett had 4 new players come over who were studs. 

Those coaches weren't basketball coaches so them only winning 2-3 games a year made since. As far as the 4 players that came over, only one was on varsity and a ranked player with college intrest prior to coming and he wasn't transfering but returning to the district. The other 3 were talented freshman who left BU for academic reasons or homes got damaged in the flood. I know at least two of them are honor society and have academic scholarships. Rideaux helped those 3 develop into all district and one into an all region player. This notion of recruiting needs to stop as it is a lie! Those boys came to HF due to circumstances and decisions outside of basketball! My son returned to HFISD (yes he went to the elementary school he and his brother) purely for academic reasons as he was already being recruited and ranked Texas Top 100. He has a 4.0 and multiple academic scholarships that will go along with his basketball where ever he goes. Stop throwing shade at these kids and their families! These are good kids from good families and don't deserve to have that lie hanging over their heads. My son lost his entire junior and along with it D1 interest because of lies, jealousy, and deceitful tactics from adults in education and administration that are supposed to be all about these kids success and not their own personal vengeance, careers, or a dang basketball record. 

9 hours ago, bigboss667 said:

Nimitz brought every player back last year from a team that was young and competitive, I remember watching them against la porte last year, Nimitz was pretty dang athletic. He has done a good job though but like I always tell people you have to have talent to win and he had that at fannett for sure 

Nimitz has won 21 games this year.  They won 16 in the last 2 years combined. First playoff win in over a decade.  Same team came back.  Thanks for making my point for me 😂🤣