5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

LaPorte vs Lancaster - This will most likely be pretty high scoring game. I think turnovers decide it. 

Longview vs New Caney Porter - Longview's defense will adjust to the running game and pull away for convincing win.

BH versus McKinney North - If BH can stop the run, they win...pretty simple.

Forney vs PAM - the most interesting game of the 4. Regardless of what refs they pick, PAM will be playing the zebras too. PAM's athletes will give Forney trouble but Forney is a complete team.

2 minutes ago, kingwolf1 said:

LaPorte vs Lancaster - This will most likely be pretty high scoring game. I think turnovers decide it. 

Longview vs New Caney Porter - Longview's defense will adjust to the running game and pull away for convincing win.

BH versus McKinney North - If BH can stop the run, they win...pretty simple.

Forney vs PAM - the most interesting game of the 4. Regardless of what refs they pick, PAM will be playing the zebras too. PAM's athletes will give Forney trouble but Forney is a complete team.

I agree. We gotta play lights out in Forney. 

Not a popular opinion amongst those who post a lot, but LP has actually been the most consistent team in 8-5A all year. Nothing flashy. Just steady. A throwback to the old LP as I’ve stated multiple times. They didn’t even settle on a QB until Week 5/6, and have also had their share of injuries and players out as did other district teams. Still, they just steadily plugged along.

All this without having a ‘true’ home game all year. I consider that fairly impressive in itself. (Not sure where this first round PO game will be either since we don’t have a home field right now.)

Until 2017–and a string of multiple coaches that didn’t work out, new district leadership, and other changes—La Porte was a PO team for basically 30 years straight. (Even as typically the smallest school in whichever district they were placed.)

Teams always knew—win or lose—they were in for a ‘dog fight’ when they matched up with La Porte.

This group of young men have never known the PO’s. So, we’ll see how they fare. But, I’m sure  the staff will have them as ready to play as possible.

Good Luck to all the 8-5A PO teams. I’ll be rooting for all.

1 minute ago, BH04 said:

Well…….regular season is over and I hate to end it on a loss but now I’m a fan of La Porte, PAM, and Porter.  We have TONS of talent in this district.  I really hope we can all get it to together and make a run.  I’m sick of the same teams going deep every year.

💯 💪🏾

Just now, BHFAN said:

Yup, playoff time boys. Our matchups aren’t too bad going into the 1st round. I can still see a split and if PAM can get focused giving Forney hell. Goodluck to everyone 

💯 good luck to yall. I want a rematch. 😎

14 minutes ago, ThaGhost said:

How are the points factored? 

Games between the three teams played. Point max is 14 for this district.

BH beat PAM by 14+, lost to Porter by 6, which gives them a +8

PAM lost to BH by 14+, beat Porter by 14+, which gives them 0

Porter beat BH by 6, lost to PAM by 14+, which gives them a -8.