5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

2 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Irony:

BH having to root for a PAM win & 3 way tie for district championship to get the 1 seed. 😂

Crazy part about that: the 1seed may very well have the tougher matchup than the 2seed 1st round. McNorth is the team you wanna face out of 7-5A D1, they will be the 3seed out of that district. 

To me personally, out of the presumed PO teams—BH, LP, PAM, & Porter—BH seems to be gaining momentum at the right time. It may have just been the PAM rivalry game. This week will tell. But, they looked on point in all aspects. LP looked like they were just playing solid against Crosby—not spectacular by any means. PK was having definite issues. The game showed they could maintain focus. While the run game is probably one of the best around, the O is still primarily one dimensional, and can be slowed with a stacked box. PAM is going into the PO’s a little banged up. Always a concern. Porter is explosive. But, their D is highly suspect.

I think all four are good teams. BH, LP, & PAM could play each other multiple times, and probably still split the wins as they are all fairly close. But, they each have their particular weaknesses. Even BH—as hot as they seemed to be against PAM—showed weakness against a solid pass rush and penetration like LP.

Another game left to see. I’m seriously hoping for no more injuries that might hurt any of their PO chances. Also hope the bye week doesn’t hurt LP. Double edged sword to me from a continuity standpoint. Would love to see 8-5A go at least 3-1 first round.

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Crazy part about that: the 1seed may very well have the tougher matchup than the 2seed 1st round. McNorth is the team you wanna face out of 7-5A D1, they will be the 3seed out of that district. 

Haven’t watched any of them enough to know. But, if they’re in the PO’s, they aren’t a slouch.

DEC meeting to possibly make a change to the 3-way tiebreaker procedure. Currently the paperwork caps the point differential in a 3-way tie at 14. But during a 4-way tiebreaker the cap is 18.

This was likely a mistake because on the 4-way procedure says refer to 3-way tie protocol. 18 points (plus and minus), to determine the seeding. 

21 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

Cap will be 14 points. So if there is a 3-way tie it would be

1 Barbers Hill
2 Port Arthur Memorial
3 La Porte

If it happens, may actually be a better matchup for the district from the 2/3 seed perspective & run D’s. After watching a little of Forney, LP vs. Forney tilt would be like 2 Shermans playing Rock Em Sock Em Robots. LOL

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

This should be one fun week. Hopefully everyone stays healthy Friday night. 😎

Yes. Hope everyone stays healthy! But, even YOU must admit that a gimme last second TD, and/or a clerical error are pretty crappy ways to possibly have to lose a ‘home’ first round PO game and have to travel 250 miles.

28 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Yes. Hope everyone stays healthy! But, even YOU must admit that a gimme last second TD, and/or a clerical error are pretty crappy ways to possibly have to lose a ‘home’ first round PO game and have to travel 250 miles.

My prayer for you is that at some point in your life, you can get over "last second TD's,", "refs" and homecomings. 

BTW BH got over playing with half a team out during mid season...

Just a thought, lets get past this week and see where everyone lands. No one really knows until its done. Then, we can all hopefully play our best whoever and wherever we play. 

15 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

My prayer for you is that at some point in your life, you can get over "last second TD's,", "refs" and homecomings. 

BTW BH got over playing with half a team out during mid season...

Just a thought, lets get past this week and see where everyone lands. No one really knows until its done. Then, we can all hopefully play our best whoever and wherever we play. 

The last second TD is one thing. Those things happen. But, it always gets a rise out of you, so it’s kinda fun. 😆

The clerical error is a different matter. It’s just a sad statement about leadership thoroughness—regardless of this week’s outcomes.

How much the confusion effected play during games is unknown.

1 hour ago, OlDawg said:

I’d be curious if TexanLive or NFHS broadcasts PO games, or is it strictly Fox (or whoever owns the rights now since I thought I read somewhere Fox Southwest got bought out recently.)

I’d definitely like to be able to see the games.

Texan Live. 

9 hours ago, OlDawg said:

The last second TD is one thing. Those things happen. But, it always gets a rise out of you, so it’s kinda fun. 😆

The clerical error is a different matter. It’s just a sad statement about leadership thoroughness—regardless of this week’s outcomes.

How much the confusion effected play during games is unknown.

Everybody played under the same "clerical error" through the season. It should not have had any effect. No team had any advantage because of it, and LP is not a "victim" of it. It does illustrate the value of playing until the you see 00:00 on the scoreboard. Any team that lets an opponent score in the first second, anywhere in between, or in the last second, its on them. 

Funny thing is, LP was undefeated in district after week 5. LP could have had run the table in district and secured the undisputed #1 seed but LP lost to PAM. Instead of blaming LP for that, you focus on refs, homecomings, and last second TD's from a previous game. Still.

Now thats entertainment.  

On 10/30/2023 at 10:37 AM, PAMFAM10 said:

Since last realignment it’s always been about the other side … Not a popular opinion but BH LP and PAM (firing on all cylinders) will be tough for anybody on that side not named lobos. Maybe they need be worried about our side.

I dont want to speak for them but I dont think they are worried. Like yall they have played solid teams and will be ready come playoff time. Also dont forget about those Frisco schools. They can be tough too. R2 is going to be a test for everyone. Looking forward to seeing it all play out. 

53 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

I dont want to speak for them but I dont think they are worried. Like yall they have played solid teams and will be ready come playoff time. Also dont forget about those Frisco schools. They can be tough too. R2 is going to be a test for everyone. Looking forward to seeing it all play out. 

I agree. 

On 11/1/2023 at 7:51 AM, AledoAlumni said:

bro, i been saying this lol...i'm gonna speak MY opinion on PAM...i feel like no matter who it is, Coach Kline still haven't found his lucky play book and get out coached again..."the other side" will confuse the heck outta #11 into picks, sacks, and throwing to stands with blitzes. this causes the defense to be gassed. i can't explain what happened against BH, except they simply outplayed the defense. this is an old soap box for me, but "this side" has not advanced in coaching(png have). if we struggled in ALL district games (GCM is an exception and it still took them awhile)as the #4 team against teams by half time we should have 28-35 points on, i just feel PAM isn't ready because they are still young and poor play calling.