HD’s Super Soph Kaylei Armstrong scores 71 points in win over SP!

9 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

How do you follow up a 59 point game against a district rival… drop 71 on ‘em in the next meeting!!

Hull-Daisetta sophomore Kaylei Armstrong shatters 31 year old HD single game scoring record by 11, after scoring 71 points in an HD home victory over district rival Sabine Pass. 

That’s crazy impressive.

I gotta ask.. how bad is Sabine Pass to let one kid score 60 and 70 points in consecutive games? Not diminishing the accomplishment..but I think I’m putting 5 players on one before I let them score 71. Just sayin… 

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

That’s crazy impressive.

I gotta ask.. how bad is Sabine Pass to let one kid score 60 and 70 points in consecutive games? Not diminishing the accomplishment..but I think I’m putting 5 players on one before I let them score 71. Just sayin… 

Yeah they’re not so great lol.

HD won 89-26. Pretty sure she was double (and triple) teamed most of the game. HD’s Quay Haskins didn’t play and she’s the primary ball handler and second leading scorer. With Sabine Pass not having to deal with her playing, I’m surprised Armstrong was able to but up that ungodly amount of points. 

And I’d consider SP and HD district rivals. Probably not as high as HD, WH, and Evadale, but there’s been some great games between HD and SP over the years. 

25 minutes ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

Yeah they’re not so great lol.

HD won 89-26. Pretty sure she was double (and triple) teamed most of the game. HD’s Quay Haskins didn’t play and she’s the primary ball handler and second leading scorer. With Sabine Pass not having to deal with her playing, I’m surprised Armstrong was able to but up that ungodly amount of points. 

And I’d consider SP and HD district rivals. Probably not as high as HD, WH, and Evadale, but there’s been some great games between HD and SP over the years

Um..no offense, my guy.. but.  Great games in what? Isn't SP habitually awful?  With maybe the exception of a few baseball/softball teams.  You're not talking about baseball/softball, surely?

13 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

How do you follow up a 59 point game against a district rival… drop 71 on ‘em in the next meeting!!

Hull-Daisetta sophomore Kaylei Armstrong shatters 31 year old HD single game scoring record by 11, after scoring 71 points in an HD home victory over district rival Sabine Pass. 

Great accomplishment, but if she's really a player and wants to pursue basketball beyone high school. She's gotta get out of Daisetta. Move her to HJ and she can really test herself. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Great accomplishment, but if she's really a player and wants to pursue basketball beyone high school. She's gotta get out of Daisetta. Move her to HJ and she can really test herself. 

If she is good enough she will be recruited at the level she can play at from HD.   Stay there and build - keep making headlines and breaking records.   

6 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Horrible advice, kids don’t get recruited from HS, they get recruited from select basketball. Not that HJ wouldn’t be dang good place to land. 🤣