Realignment February 3 at 9am !!!

lcm93

6 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Region 2........

District 7.........

Same as Dist 10 was for the last 2 years.....

Loaded

I think Longview is really the only beast in that district. If you can't beat those other teams in that district in the state they're in now then you don't need to be in the discussion anyway. I think that Frisco district is a lot more loaded. 

16 minutes ago, Bobcatdad said:

What does FB Marshall have coming back as a team 

Their qb Jakoby Banks will be back and they have a running back that's pretty good when Banks decides to hand him the ball. Their two big D1 receivers are gone but I wasn't real impressed with Banks passing numbers for the year anyway. He's committed to UH to play in the slot and does have elite track speed though. FB Marshall is a transfer destination for the HISD kids close them so who knows what type of athletes they'll acquire over the offseason? 

More than anything else, their defense will be a problem for district teams. BH was able to beat them up at the line of scrimmage last year, I don't think anybody in the district will be able to replicate that though. Not to mention James Williams is no slouch on their sideline. Pretty simple theory though; Win district and if you can figure out Liberty Hill's slot-T you're going to play for a title. 

34 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yep, PNG will have a two and a half hour ride one way to play the Fort Bend schools in Missouri City. Probably three hours on the way taking into consideration the traffic on the southwest side of Houston. 

The school may have to buy a charter bus.  I heard Todd Dodge doesn’t like riding in the Yellow dogs.  

What a year to have to get a new coach for no reason.  

Any thoughts on how the teams in this district are likely to shake out by season end? My way-too-early guess:

1st place:

1. Fort Bend Marshall - I know they lost to Barbers Hill last year (not to knock BH, but it was at least the second biggest upset in the state that day, if not the biggest), but unless something has changed dramatically at FBM, they will still have a huge O-line and their water boys will be faster than every player from any other team in the district. Good luck, to all of us. I hope we can figure out a way to stop them. 

Contenders for last three playoff spots In no particular order, but PNG is on top in the name of hopes and dreams and maybe Tom Brady will use retirement to come be  our new coach (Though I will note he doesn’t have a master’s degree and has never won a state championship in Texas, and did lose the SuperBowl two times to the Giants and got knocked out the playoffs twice by Mark Sanchez. Also, he lost yet another Super Bowl to the Eagles [though, in fairness to Tom Brady, Nick Foles had Jesus on his side] - So let’s maybe look a little deeper on the applicant list).

PNG 

Texas City

Fort Bend Willowridge

Nederland (included for Trying-To-Look-Unbiased reasons only) 

Non-playoffs

Dayton, Santa Fe, Galena Park, Nederland (sorry, Nederland, but your coach doesn’t have a master’s degree) 

In all seriousness - The tiers seem to be: FBM - PNG/TC/FBW/Ned - Dayton/SF/GP

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Their qb Jakoby Banks will be back and they have a running back that's pretty good when Banks decides to hand him the ball. Their two big D1 receivers are gone but I wasn't real impressed with Banks passing numbers for the year anyway. He's committed to UH to play in the slot and does have elite track speed though. FB Marshall is a transfer destination for the HISD kids close them so who knows what type of athletes they'll acquire over the offseason? 

More than anything else, their defense will be a problem for district teams. BH was able to beat them up at the line of scrimmage last year, I don't think anybody in the district will be able to replicate that though. Not to mention James Williams is no slouch on their sideline. Pretty simple theory though; Win district and if you can figure out Liberty Hill's slot-T you're going to play for a title. 

Another factor was Marshall hadn't been challenged all year, and hadn't played a full game. In this district they will have to play and will make them even more dangerous. Won't be able to catch them sleeping. 

33 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

The school may have to buy a charter bus.  I heard Todd Dodge doesn’t like riding in the Yellow dogs.  

If, and it is a monstrous if, but if Todd Dodge is pulling the strings at PN-G, I will personally drive him to/from wherever he calls home and the games.  He would never set foot on an old yellow dog because I would drive him wherever he needed to be, clean his pool, walk his dog, wash his cars/trucks, cut his grass, polish his shoes, sweep his driveway, get his mail, do his grocery shopping, deliver the groceries, and... you get the picture.  I'm happy to have his input and consulting services for the next coach at PN-G, but like most people, I think his role will be via telephone.  But, one can dream....  

4 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

If, and it is a monstrous if, but if Todd Dodge is pulling the strings at PN-G, I will personally drive him to/from wherever he calls home and the games.  He would never set foot on an old yellow dog because I would drive him wherever he needed to be, clean his pool, walk his dog, wash his cars/trucks, cut his grass, polish his shoes, sweep his driveway, get his mail, do his grocery shopping, deliver the groceries, and... you get the picture.  I'm happy to have his input and consulting services for the next coach at PN-G, but like most people, I think his role will be via telephone.  But, one can dream....  

Won’t be telephone. New age now. Zoom calls

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

What a year to have to get a new coach for no reason.  

Any thoughts on how the teams in this district are likely to shake out by season end? My way-too-early guess:

1st place:

1. Fort Bend Marshall - I know they lost to Barbers Hill last year (not to knock BH, but it was at least the second biggest upset in the state that day, if not the biggest), but unless something has changed dramatically at FBM, they will still have a huge O-line and their water boys will be faster than every player from any other team in the district. Good luck, to all of us. I hope we can figure out a way to stop them. 

Contenders for last three playoff spots In no particular order, but PNG is on top in the name of hopes and dreams and maybe Tom Brady will use retirement to come be  our new coach (Though I will note he doesn’t have a master’s degree and has never won a state championship in Texas, and did lose the SuperBowl two times to the Giants and got knocked out the playoffs twice by Mark Sanchez. Also, he lost yet another Super Bowl to the Eagles [though, in fairness to Tom Brady, Nick Foles had Jesus on his side] - So let’s maybe look a little deeper on the applicant list).

PNG 

Texas City

Fort Bend Willowridge

Nederland (included for Trying-To-Look-Unbiased reasons only) 

Non-playoffs

Dayton, Santa Fe, Galena Park, Nederland (sorry, Nederland, but your coach doesn’t have a master’s degree) 

In all seriousness - The tiers seem to be: FBM - PNG/TC/FBW/Ned - Dayton/SF/GP

Any thoughts? 

Willowridge is not as good as you think they are. they are marginally better than HISD schools. 

12 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Willowridge is not as good as you think they are. they are marginally better than HISD schools. 

Good to know - my impression has been they are always kind of on the bubble of being good, but have to deal with FBM so they look a little less good than they might be.