Harris describes Jan. 6 alongside Pearl Harbor, 9/11 as dates that 'echo throughout history'

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

🤦‍♂️

From the article:

In an address delivered as part of a commemoration of the anniversary of the protest in which demonstrators entered the Capitol building, interrupting the counting of electoral votes, Harris included Jan. 6 as one of three dark days in American history.

"Certain dates echo throughout history," Harris said. "Including dates that instantly remind all who have lived them where they were and what they were doing when our democracy came under assault. Dates that occupy not only a place on our calendar but a place in our collective memory. Dec. 7, 1941, Sept. 11, 2001, and Jan. 6, 2021."

I think one of the darkest days in our history is when sleepy and this idiot got elected.

24 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

🤦‍♂️

From the article:

In an address delivered as part of a commemoration of the anniversary of the protest in which demonstrators entered the Capitol building, interrupting the counting of electoral votes, Harris included Jan. 6 as one of three dark days in American history.

"Certain dates echo throughout history," Harris said. "Including dates that instantly remind all who have lived them where they were and what they were doing when our democracy came under assault. Dates that occupy not only a place on our calendar but a place in our collective memory. Dec. 7, 1941, Sept. 11, 2001, and Jan. 6, 2021."

I think one of the darkest days in our history is when sleepy and this idiot got elected.

“A day that will live in infamy”

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

🤦‍♂️

From the article:

Amen!!!

Both sides are wrong as usual.  Trump/Rudy sent the horde down the street to stop the certification of electoral votes.  You can't get a more textbook insurrection than that.  You can't compare that to looting foot locker.  I'm sorry, but they aren't the same.

As is often the case, the Dems are betting the house that harping on "the insurrection" will win them elections.  It will not.  Nobody cares anymore.  They're more concerned about inflation and Covid.  The longer they keep mining the same ground over and over, the worse the outcome will be for those pushing the investigations. People are sick of it on both sides of the aisle.  

I'll say the same thing that I said in 2016.... If Trump wanted to win votes, all he needed to do is pardon Hillary and say "we all just need to move on."  Biden could do the same thing now for Trump and fix his own popularity issue.

30 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Both sides are wrong as usual.  Trump/Rudy sent the horde down the street to stop the certification of electoral votes.  You can't get a more textbook insurrection than that.  You can't compare that to looting foot locker.  I'm sorry, but they aren't the same.

As is often the case, the Dems are betting the house that harping on "the insurrection" will win them elections.  It will not.  Nobody cares anymore.  They're more concerned about inflation and Covid.  The longer they keep mining the same ground over and over, the worse the outcome will be for those pushing the investigations. People are sick of it on both sides of the aisle.  

I'll say the same thing that I said in 2016.... If Trump wanted to win votes, all he needed to do is pardon Hillary and say "we all just need to move on."  Biden could do the same thing now for Trump and fix his own popularity issue.

I have to disagree with you on this.  I don't think there's anything that "Brandon", or his administration, can do to fix their popularity issue!!!

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Give me the names and number of people that have been charged with insurrection. How many guns were used by Trump protesters in this unbelievable insurrection? 😂 I’ll wait for your answers. 

Also can you tell me where Ray Epps is?

I find you to be one of the smartest ignorant posters on this forum. 

So the rioting in these cities didn't amount to anything more than looting foot locker?

🤦‍♂️

So the rioting in these cities didn't amount to anything more than looting foot locker?

🤦‍♂️

If you can't see the difference between a good old fashioned riot (complete with anarchy, vandalism, and looting) and the organized effort to storm the seat of our government and usurp our democratic election process.... I feel bad for you. 

I don't have a problem with a rowdy protest at the capitol.  I'm not as concerned if the breach of the capitol occurred at any other particular time... that's a just a badly conceived protest.  What happened on 1/6/21 was not a protest... it was a intentionally timed attempt to destroy the very fabric of our government.  

But when that horde went down to stop the peaceful transfer of power that has been the hallmark of our democracy for almost 200 years.... it's a whole different situation.  You can say "but... but.... but...... people burned cop cars all over the country in the spring!"  It's not the same. Not even close. 

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you can't see the difference between a good old fashioned riot (complete with anarchy, vandalism, and looting) and the organized effort to storm the seat of our government and usurp our democratic election process.... I feel bad for you. 

Its literally a cult. I alternate between laughing at them for being so dumb, and feeling bad for them because they’re so dumb 

54 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Its literally a cult. I alternate between laughing at them for being so dumb, and feeling bad for them because they’re so dumb 

Every time you post, I can't help but get the image of a kindergartner calling his college degreed teacher dumb. Get a third grader to explain to you why that image is funny and a truthful description of you.

I don't have a problem with a rowdy protest at the capitol.  I'm not as concerned if the breach of the capitol occurred at any other particular time... that's a just a badly conceived protest.  What happened on 1/6/21 was not a protest... it was a intentionally timed attempt to destroy the very fabric of our government.  

But when that horde went down to stop the peaceful transfer of power that has been the hallmark of our democracy for almost 200 years.... it's a whole different situation.  You can say "but... but.... but...... people burned cop cars all over the country in the spring!"  It's not the same. Not even close. 

Wow..."an intellentionally timed attempt to destroy the very fabric of our government". That is some fantasyland description that could only come from Hollywood. Even those liberal sheeple are thinking "I wish I could have been so imaginative as to come to this nonsensical conclusion." Maybe you should write a move script based on your disillusioned and fictional characterization of the event. Hollywood hasn't produced a good fictional comedy in a while.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Don’t feel bad for me, I see things very clearly.  How many folks are charged with insurrection?

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

🤦‍♂️

From the article:

Back to the original topic….

You have to be a special kind of stupid to even remotely compare Pearl Harbor and 9-11 to the protest on January 6. 2021 or… your party is in a desperate situation and you were hoping that much of your base has no clue what you were talking about and accepts your lies as fact. 

It should be relatively simple because many people of voting age today were not born when 9-11 happened or were too young to recall it. I doubt you could get anywhere past single digits percentage of the population to explain what  the attack on Pearl Harbor was to anyone under 35 years old and probably older.

So let’s go back and make a comparison. I think in 1937 The Japanese invaded China in order to take over the country. Prior to that they invaded and conquered Korea in 1910. United States and others protested the killing and slaughtering of millions of Chinese including women and children. The Americans put economic sanctions on Japan to stop the slaughter of millions  and for that the Japanese performed a sneak attack on the United States, a country that they were not at war with and had diplomatic relations, with the intent to cripple the American Pacific fleet and keep the United States from interfering with their slaughter of more Chinese. In Hawaii a little over 2,200 people were killed. What is not often mentioned in history is that the Japanese also attacked other American bases around the world  including in the Philippines, Wake Island, etc. It was not merely an attack at Pearl Harbor but it’s several other United States military installations. The attack on Pearl Harbor was the biggest that drew the attention of the public.

So we had a foreign government kill several thousand Americans in several sneak attacks.

On 9-11-01 a sneak attack was performed by at least 19 foreign nationals. These attacks killed over 3,000 people.

Apparently the current administration wants to compare those attacks by another country or  y foreign nationals to a protest that occurred on January 6, 2021. In that protest, which was by American citizens and not a foreign government or foreign nationals, the protesters killed…. well they didn’t actually kill anyone.

The sad part of it is not that they disgustingly compared those two attacks with the protest. We can likely understand even insane politics.  The really sad part is that they are probably 30-40% of Americans who don’t understand it and probably believe it’s true. “Well, Kamala Harris said it’s just like Pearl Harbor so it must be really bad…..”.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

There’s already proof that instigators like the feds, antifa , and blm were involved in this manufactured outrage. There’s a reason 14,000 hrs of video hasn’t been released to the public. Of course they will cherry pick what they do release.  If you can’t see that then I can’t help you. I don’t know what you don’t understand about Trump telling his supporters to Peacefully and Patriotically march down to the Capitol so there voices can be heard. So you lump all Trump supporters in with the instigators? Like I said the real insurrection happened 3 November 2020 which resulted in the rally 6th January 2021. But please keep on using ignorance as your excuse for your point of view. Well agree to disagree.

Don’t feel bad for me, I see things very clearly.  How many folks are charged with insurrection?

He want answer that question. I have asked him but all I hear are crickets. I’ll answer it. Nobody has been charged with insurrection, an to top it off no one had guns! Although there was a unarmed Trump supporter who was shot by a Capitol Police Officer. Imagine that!