West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I'm not gonna lie... I was completely surprised that we didn't have an announcement yesterday on MLK Day.

Winning football games is nice, but when you have the chance to right the wrongs of the past 400 years, you hire the black coach. 

Sorry, Tow-B. 

Lol, it's ingrained in you deep huh? Don't worry, I'm sure God has a segregated place in heaven that's up to your suiting. Hopefully you get to check it out sooner than later?  

On a serious note, the brother-in-law hire is probably the best route for WOS. I highly doubt they have the lure/money to pull MLK Day coaches like Jahmal Fenner, James Williams or Jason Todd away from their programs.  

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, it's ingrained in you deep huh? Don't worry, I'm sure God has a segregated place in heaven that's up to your suiting. Hopefully you get to check it out sooner than later?  

On a serious note, the brother-in-law hire is probably the best route for WOS. I highly doubt they have the lure/money to pull MLK Day coaches like Jahmal Fenner, James Williams or Jason Todd away from their programs.  

Agreed. 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

C'mon, man!  Are you new here?  For YEARS the WOS faithful have been clamoring for a black coach.  They even floated a petition this fall wanting CT fired for "racism."  

I don't care who they hire... I just think it's funny when racists say something racist and then accuse everybody else of being exactly that.... racist for pointing out their racism.  You can't blame the voice of truth (me) for pointing out the blatant racism by WOS fans.  

But you can rest assured that the next coach will be black.  Care to make a bet?  This is about a woke administration (remember the "blue link" defense) putting their stamp on a once proud program. Nothing more, nothing less. 

21 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think racist burn in hell feathers and all!

49 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I've been wanting to make the following comment for a while:  Since you brought this up, now's a good time: 

Having CT advise is a double edged sword.  Sure, his experience is invaluable.  This is the good part.  But -- there's also another side that is called loyalty.  Coaches are a loyal breed.  That can be good; can also be bad.  The coach with the losing record hasn't been around for 9 years.  Coaches on the present staff, who wishes to apply, will probably get the nod from CT.  You know, out of loyalty they have shown CT.  

True 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

C'mon, man!  Are you new here?  For YEARS the WOS faithful have been clamoring for a black coach.  They even floated a petition this fall wanting CT fired for "racism."  

I don't care who they hire... I just think it's funny when racists say something racist and then accuse everybody else of being exactly that.... racist for pointing out their racism.  You can't blame the voice of truth (me) for pointing out the blatant racism by WOS fans.  

But you can rest assured that the next coach will be black.  Care to make a bet?  This is about a woke administration (remember the "blue link" defense) putting their stamp on a once proud program. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Nah, been here over 10 years now. I’m well abreast of your previous comments on the football and political forums which is why I know although your comment was sarcastic the place it came from wasn’t. 

I remember the same thing being said about Desoto’s administration/community when they wanted Peterson out to bring back Mathis. Are they really “woke”, as you repeated from Fox, or are times different than they were 20 years ago and more of the community feels like they should have a voice? Not that one way or the other is right but the overwhelming majority of minority schools also have minority coaches. Maybe those petitioners want a coach who more closely identifies with a larger amount of the kids he’s coaching? 

You’re saying the quiet part out loud with the “once proud program” comment. If I was a Bridge City fan the last thing I would be proud about is the football program, yet you comment on a program that would smoke y’all with their jv🙄

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah, been here over 10 years now. I’m well abreast of your previous comments on the football and political forums which is why I know although your comment was sarcastic the place it came from wasn’t. 

I remember the same thing being said about Desoto’s administration/community when they wanted Peterson out to bring back Mathis. Are they really “woke”, as you repeated from Fox, or are times different than they were 20 years ago and more of the community feels like they should have a voice? Not that one way or the other is right but the overwhelming majority of minority schools also have minority coaches. Maybe those petitioners want a coach who more closely identifies with a larger amount of the kids he’s coaching? 

You’re saying the quiet part out loud with the “once proud program” comment. If I was a Bridge City fan the last thing I would be proud about is the football program, yet you comment on a program that would smoke y’all with their jv🙄

If that community is voicing an opinion on a coaching choice based on race, then “no.”  There’s no difference in a school refusing to hire a coach because he’s black than a school hiring a coach because he’s black. Regardless of whether or not you believe there’s a difference. 

A lot of people have been brainwashed into believing that this new version of racism is somehow “better” than the old one. 

It’s not.  There’s no difference between saying “I want a coach that reflects the community” and saying “those (fill in the blanks) need to stay over there with their own kind.”

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Regrettable, but good for WOS opponents.

2 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I’m hearing Art Briles 

If he is available he is the best choice.  He recently coached 2 years at a AAA-I school and brought them from nothing to a state contender.  He built a program; after he left the team made it to the semi-finals this season, for the second consecutive season .

48 minutes ago, agrfall1970 said:

If he is available he is the best choice.  He recently coached 2 years at a AAA-I school and brought them from nothing to a state contender.  He built a program; after he left the team made it to the semi-finals this season, for the second consecutive season .

Actually the MV program was rebuilt by Josh Finney starting in 2017 going 11-1 then 2018 going 8-4 before he left for Winnsboro. Briles came in 2019 going 8-3 then 12-3 on the way out in 2020.

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

If that community is voicing an opinion on a coaching choice based on race, then “no.”  There’s no difference in a school refusing to hire a coach because he’s black than a school hiring a coach because he’s black. Regardless of whether or not you believe there’s a difference. 

A lot of people have been brainwashed into believing that this new version of racism is somehow “better” than the old one. 

It’s not.  There’s no difference between saying “I want a coach that reflects the community” and saying “those (fill in the blanks) need to stay over there with their own kind.”

💯🎯

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED