Crosby vs A&M Cons

Cougtalk

What a difference a year makes.  Last year’s Crosby run was one of the most difficult tasks ever.  This year, it’s a knife through hot butter.

Gone are the dominating elite teams of FB Marshall and Huntsville.  Texas High and Consolidated are definitely not better than last year.  Crosby will double digit roll through Region 3.  

Well, Crosby is coming in riding a ten game winning streak for only the second time in school history. This will probably be the toughest matchup Crosby has had since Manvel so Code Red needs to be on point Black Friday. If Crosby can bring the defense down HWY 290 there’s a good chance we’re playing in December again.

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, Crosby is coming in riding a ten game winning streak for only the second time in school history. This will probably be the toughest matchup Crosby has had since Manvel so Code Red needs to be on point Black Friday. If Crosby can bring the defense down HWY 290 there’s a good chance we’re playing in December again.

Thank you. The worst thing one can do is become over confident against a team with some nice weapons. Crosby will win but natures law says some games will be hard. GO CROSBY This Indian supports you 100 %.

I have been trying to tell everyone all year Crosby is on a different level. The difference between Crosby and most other schools, is they have the same talent level on both sides of the ball. Where as most of the schools are loaded up on the offensive side. Nothing wrong In my eyes with a little SWAG.. I would think Crosby should be favored to make a deep run again. They Will definitely be playing in December. A team like Crosby makes the rest of our district better. Some times you need a good beat down to see the truth!!

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I feel like this guy is the difference.  They hit the jackpot with what was happening at the time to get him, it was a program defining moment.  I’ve watched the Crosby program from 2010 and I can say without a doubt this is the most disciplined team in the district.  Yesterday I watched a punt where one of the Crosby players was blocking on a punt, to this whistle. The Marshall player took a little shot after the play, but the Crosby player just threw his hands up running back to sidelines. It hasn’t always been that way! 

Hmm I think Crosby will win but all of these blowout predictions seem a little off to me. AMC is well coached and has good size across the board. 

Coach Fedora was very successful at Navasota and his brother has been a big time college coach for some time.  The soph RB is the real deal and the freshman QB is a freshman but you can tell he has the moves and IQ. His grandfather holds the Texas A&M all time school passing yards record and is a legend there. The kid has been groomed for this. 

I don't think its going to be as easy as everyone thinks. 

7 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

Hmm I think Crosby will win but all of these blowout predictions seem a little off to me. AMC is well coached and has good size across the board. 

Coach Fedora was very successful at Navasota and his brother has been a big time college coach for some time.  The soph RB is the real deal and the freshman QB is a freshman but you can tell he has the moves and IQ. His grandfather holds the Texas A&M all time school passing yards record and is a legend there. The kid has been groomed for this. 

Will the freshman QB be starting or will the previous starter be off concussion protocol ?

3 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I have been trying to tell everyone all year Crosby is on a different level. The difference between Crosby and most other schools, is they have the same talent level on both sides of the ball. Where as most of the schools are loaded up on the offensive side. Nothing wrong In my eyes with a little SWAG.. I would think Crosby should be favored to make a deep run again. They Will definitely be playing in December. A team like Crosby makes the rest of our district better. Some times you need a good beat down to see the truth!!

You nailed it about Defenses.  See the same thing in 4A-D1.  Crosby & Carthage play both sides of the ball.  Becoming a rare thing.

Congratulations Crosby but be careful as often times with countless teams in immeasurable playoff seasons a team’s success can become its own worst enemy as players often have disjointed shoulders by patting themselves on the back. A M is a very good team, capable of winning. Their freshmen quarterback will be outstanding in a couple of years but is capable of winning now. Crosby must put constant pressure on him because he is still just 15-16 but maturing with a bullet. Crosby could win by 28 or lose by 7. That win over Barbers Hill was immense for that quarterback and team. Many times it’s beneficial to be the underdog. I am sure the coaches will be preaching humility, preparation and one day at a time in Crosby to fight that naturally occurring ego. Go Crosby.

4 hours ago, Stattrax said:

That’s why I think those DFW districts are so good, they have to beat each other just to be relevant. Well, when the teams you have to beat to be relevant are winning titles/making deep runs then your program automatically has to improve or else. Look at what North Shore has done for 21-6A. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Taking the Coogs. Not sure anyone in the region left can stop/slow down their offense. 

Quincy Jones had 22 carries for 198 yards and 5tds against Marshall. If the offensive line is going to move furniture like that mixed with Myles level of decision making yesterday then yeah, you might be right? Coach P out here looking like Bill Snyder with a passing game. 

1 hour ago, kenny powers said:

I disagree. Take away inside run, put pressure on the freshmen and he just throws it up. If DB’ s look for the ballad it floats up, Crosby will have 3 or 4 int’s. Yes, you can tell the kid is good, but he made a ton of bad decisions against BH. Stop the run and Crosby blows them out. A&M defense is on par with our district. Whatever the score was between PNG/Crosby is what this score will be.