Vidor 30 Splendora 20/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

2 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Never heard of a team winning with so many fumbles, but they cleaned it up the second half. Ugly win but I'll take it!

Most teams aren’t as run heavy though, when you run 99% of the time you can expect more fumbles, also the offense probably can recover a lot of those because they’re so used to running. Quick to run also quick to jump on a loose ball. Just a thought. 

Just now, Bulldogpower said:

Most teams aren’t as run heavy though, when you run 99% of the time you can expect more fumbles, also the offense probably can recover a lot of those because they’re so used to running. Quick to run also quick to jump on a loose ball. Just a thought. 

That makes sense, but ball security has been our biggest issue all season. 

9 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

If y'all are fumbling alot, I hope you do that against L-Town. Our boys seem to be pretty good at jumping on turnovers and taking advantage.

Five turnovers tonight - 4 Fumbles & 1 Interception.  We do that against any other team in the District and it’ll be UGLY.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Vidor 30 Splendora 20/FINAL
10 hours ago, piratevillain said:

We moved the ball easily all night, but any other team it would've gotten ugly quick. I gave the secondary credit for looking good the last few games and they looked atrocious tonight. We better fix it quick next week, cause LCM is FOR REAL, for real.

The secondary always looks atrocious. Peevey will pick them apart

18 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Probably best to  have one of these games now instead of later. They made lots of miscues and were able to hold on to the victory

You're definitely right. They somewhat cleaned it up in the second half, but they gotta fix it this week or Peevey will exploit our secondary even more. What's even worse we didn't blitz all night and had 7-8 guys in coverage all game and Splendora still burnt our toast.

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

You're definitely right. They somewhat cleaned it up in the second half, but they gotta fix it this week or Peevey will exploit our secondary even more. What's even worse we didn't blitz all night and had 7-8 guys in coverage all game and Splendora still burnt our toast.

Hmmm… maybe they should blitz then. I’d like to see them get after LCM a little bit with the front 7. Use our best weapon to our advantage instead of relying on a questionable defensive backfield.

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Hmmm… maybe they should blitz then. I’d like to see them get after LCM a little bit with the front 7. Use our best weapon to our advantage instead of relying on a questionable defensive backfield.

That's what I think as well, only time I've ever seen us blitz was in certain situations. But I'd love for us to get after him and force him to make a decision. Not necessarily blitz every down or every series but keep that o-line guessing.

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

How good is Splendora? They got a shot for the playoffs? 

I think they could battle for a playoff spot. They're pretty decent on offense, their OL held their own and for most part and opened some holes for their RB. Their QB is good as well and really didn't make any bad decisions throwing the ball. Defensively, they wore down quicker than most teams we faced this season.

4 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I think they could battle for a playoff spot. They're pretty decent on offense, their OL held their own and for most part and opened some holes for their RB. Their QB is good as well and really didn't make any bad decisions throwing the ball. Defensively, they wore down quicker than most teams we faced this season.

I was just wonder how they will match up with LCM. I believe we have to go there. Also gotta go to Livingston and we know that field was built for a peewee team

6 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I was just wonder how they will match up with LCM. I believe we have to go there. Also gotta go to Livingston and we know that field was built for a peewee team

That field gotta go bro… they have a beautiful campus but play in a sand box. You have to park in somebody’s front yard, I just don’t understand it.