Vidor 30 Splendora 20/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

11 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I was just wonder how they will match up with LCM. I believe we have to go there. Also gotta go to Livingston and we know that field was built for a peewee team

LCM will have their way with Splendora.  They will not win a District game.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

FYI, Total Yards

Vidor 405 - all on the ground

Splendora 228 - Pass 198 & Run 30

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

Wow, only 30 rushing yards allowed? I thought they had more but they did get some big TFL in the second half, so it makes sense.

30 yards… yea last year they killed us on the ground and controlled the whole game up front on both sides of the ball. Still can’t believe it.

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

30 yards… yea last year they killed us on the ground and controlled the whole game up front on both sides of the ball. Still can’t believe it.

I think alot of us pirate fans are still mind boggled by that game last year. Didn't Vidor move to a 4 man front that game to stop the run in the second half? 

6 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I think alot of us pirate fans are still mind boggled by that game last year. Didn't Vidor move to a 4 man front that game to stop the run in the second half? 

I don’t recall but all kinds of weird stuff happened with the big guy out, they had plenty of meat on the offensive line that they could have used on defense but chose to go with backups. Also the starting middle linebacker didn’t play in the first half but came in in the second half and shut all that crap down. This game this week is exactly what it should have looked like last season but our offense was horrible in the pistol. Except for the 5 turnovers but we probably could have came close to matching that last year lol.

13 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I don’t recall but all kinds of weird stuff happened with the big guy out, they had plenty of meat on the offensive line that they could have used on defense but chose to go with backups. Also the starting middle linebacker didn’t play in the first half but came in in the second half and shut all that crap down. This game this week is exactly what it should have looked like last season but our offense was horrible in the pistol. Except for the 5 turnovers but we probably could have came close to matching that last year lol.

It really was a whacky game. Game started an hour early, tropical storm ran started moving in, key starters out. Vidor running out of the pistol with zero deception. It was definitely not our night! lol