Barbers Hill 28 Port Arthur Memorial 56/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, Austin1985 said:

Good news:  Made all extra points and overall, the kicking game was solid

Bad news, the DC and others don't seem to want to go 'big' on the DLine when clearly BH was successful up the middle

I hope #76 makes a full recovery

On to Crosby

Bowie hurt? 

Memorials Kelby Blanchette had four receptions for 195 yards and two TD's and llijah Williams had 156 yards receiving on three catches. BH quarterback Brent Holdren was 9 of 23 for 140 yards passing and rushed the ball nine times for 74 yards. Garret Holdren led all rushers with 178 yards on 27 carries. Memorial amassed 663 yards oftotal offense.

It was a great game for 3.5 quarters, but I am well aware you play four. The final score is misleading, it was a lot closer than it looks. I was happy with the BH effort, but the execution is not there yet. I don't have stats, but did BH really have 10 fumbles + interceptions? I know one player had three fumbles alone before halftime. You will not win like that.  

As I told someone, BH will probably only see one team in district (Crosby) with the overall athleticism that PAM has. If BH can clean up self inflicted mistakes like fumbles, and soft floaty passes that get picked, the Eagles will be fine. PAM has a ton of potential. The PAM QB can break away anytime he has the ball in his hands.  

BH has one more tune up game against Houston Heights, then its time to shine.     

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

It was a great game for 3.5 quarters, but I am well aware you play four. The final score is misleading, it was a lot closer than it looks. I was happy with the BH effort, but the execution is not there yet. I don't have stats, but did BH really have 10 fumbles + interceptions? I know one player had three fumbles alone before halftime. You will not win like that.  

As I told someone, BH will probably only see one team in district (Crosby) with the overall athleticism that PAM has. If BH can clean up self inflicted mistakes like fumbles, and soft floaty passes that get picked, the Eagles will be fine. PAM has a ton of potential. The PAM QB can break away anytime he has the ball in his hands.  

#6 had 3 fumbles on kickoff. He didn't field the ball cleanly, not sure I'd call them fumbles though. 

15 minutes ago, ThaGhost said:

#6 had 3 fumbles on kickoff. He didn't field the ball cleanly, not sure I'd call them fumbles though. 

They are fumbles in my book. He had the ball in his hands three times and put it on the ground every time, and each time it was inside our own 15 yard line. If that persists it can be a disaster. Also, in the 3rd qtr. BH was driving and had a third down, 5 yard EASY wide open pass to him that hit him square in his chest that he could not catch. It killed the drive, and #6 was benched for the rest of the game. I felt bad for him but the TO's absolutely killed BH last night. Good thing is its fixable, and we have to clean them all up to win any game.  

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Tied at 28 with 5:56 left in the 4th with our best Olineman injured.  Glad our talent came through because the 'adjustments' on defense wasn't effective when the game was in doubt.  Once BH had to pass, our defense shined.  Before that, I saw a lot of the Hightower game which is fixable with going with bigger kids on the Dline.  I hope this changes because BH laid the blueprint.  Crosby will run the Counter-Trey so our defense will have to step up..........

Just came too after watching/listening to the pay per view debacle😂 my God I have never seen a game fall apart so quickly when your 5 minutes from OT!  I feel bad for Abseck after that game! BH has to get tough and finish a game. How do you give up 4 scores in under 5 minutes? I would not wanted to be on that bus going home last night. Outside of that BH you played tough bringing PAM all the wanted on their home field way better than I expected, so keep that heading into next week. Congrats PAM y’all did what you had to do and most importantly played the last 5 minutes😀. Goodluck next week and beyond I think we both learn form this one.

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

I admire the online, qb, and ,rb. They looked fir contact lol. I think bh defense got tired which took away the eagles running game. They are definitely a good ball control run team

Lol Holdren has been like that since we was playing TIFI! If your a small DB looking to light up our QB in the secondary he will lower his head an run you over. 

17 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Just came too after watching/listening to the pay per view debacle😂 my God I have never seen a game fall apart so quickly when your 5 minutes from OT!  I feel bad for Abseck after that game! BH has to get tough and finish a game. How do you give up 4 scores in under 5 minutes? I would not wanted to be on that bus going home last night. Outside of that BH you played tough bringing PAM all the wanted on their home field way better than I expected, so keep that heading into next week. Congrats PAM y’all did what you had to do and most importantly played the last 5 minutes😀. Goodluck next week and beyond I think we both learn form this one.

Someone should let Abseck now that tobacco products aren't allowed in the stadiums and that it's very disgusting to spit it on midfield where the players are being tackled.