Texas: a step in the right direction

5GallonBucket

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

This is the problem. We have kids and adults that can't afford to take care of themselves having kids. One of the toughest decisions I made was telling my son where the condoms were.....At 10-12(I forget) I told him they were in my nightstand and I don't count them. I bought 24 and put in a container so it would look like I would not miss one.....I knew how many were inn there....lol.  I didn't want to promote him having sex, but I didn't want the responsibility of a kid, and his life plan changed because of a bad decision with a girl.......I know this because most of my bad decisions involved a woman.....lol

My point, we need to stop the pregnancies and abortion would not be an issue. 

The last sentence hit the nail on the head!!

This is the problem. We have kids and adults that can't afford to take care of themselves having kids. One of the toughest decisions I made was telling my son where the condoms were.....At 10-12(I forget) I told him they were in my nightstand and I don't count them. I bought 24 and put in a container so it would look like I would not miss one.....I knew how many were inn there....lol.  I didn't want to promote him having sex, but I didn't want the responsibility of a kid, and his life plan changed because of a bad decision with a girl.......I know this because most of my bad decisions involved a woman.....lol

I don't know your family size, but did you tell your daughter where they were?

9 minutes ago, Gorilla Bob said:

I don't know your family size, but did you tell your daughter where they were?

I don’t have a daughter, only one Son.  I married 3 years ago and have 2 stepdaughters…one is 19, the other 18….with no kids…..I would rather them(and my Son) not have sex until marriage….but I also live in reality…..I would rather supply condoms than diapers …..what about you?

21 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I don’t have a daughter, only one Son.  I married 3 years ago and have 2 stepdaughters…one is 19, the other 18….with no kids…..I would rather them(and my Son) not have sex until marriage….but I also live in reality…..I would rather supply condoms than diapers …..what about you?

The issue is that it’s kids having kids. And most of these people don’t have responsible parents and grow up in poverty. 

Cant give condoms out in school.. Conservatives will freak out and throw tantrums. Cant talk about sex Ed in school.. without conservatives going berserk. Etc etc.. one of the free sources of contraceptives, planned parenthood, is picketed and protested against literally non stop.

Conservatives dont have an answer, besides telling kids not to have sex, which obliviously (to me, at least) isn’t working. Conservatives are effectively telling these poor kids to “get better parents”. 

Just now, thetragichippy said:

I agree. I have both and I made sure that my son had protection at all times. I have had talks about sex and using protection with my daughter, but I haven't gone to the same level that I did with my son and that is part of the problem with young girls getting pregnant. My point is hollering to keep their legs closed is not the answer. Young people need places to get free protection be it birth control pills or condoms especially in the inner city's.

You would think that to be common sense. Unfortunately, abortion is a convenient  form of birth control. Instead of parents talking to their kids, offering condoms or the pill (as tough as that may seem - done that), using adoption as an alternative (accidents happen “OMG it broke!”), alternative ejaculation methods (oral, manual, anal) or just plain abstinence. Everyone of those options trumps murder by abortion (oh no, did I just say “trumps”). 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You would think that to be common sense. Unfortunately, abortion is a convenient  form of birth control. Instead of parents talking to their kids, offering condoms or the pill (as tough as that may seem - done that), using adoption as an alternative (accidents happen “OMG it broke!”), alternative ejaculation methods (oral, manual, anal) or just plain abstinence. Everyone of those options trumps murder by abortion (oh no, did I just say “trumps”). 

Once again - Conservatives dont have an answer. Never have, never will. Kinda like their healthcare plan.  Conservatives are effectively telling these poor kids to “get better parents”.

31 minutes ago, Gorilla Bob said:

I agree. I have both and I made sure that my son had protection at all times. I have had talks about sex and using protection with my daughter, but I haven't gone to the same level that I did with my son and that is part of the problem with young girls getting pregnant. My point is hollering to keep their legs closed is not the answer. Young people need places to get free protection be it birth control pills or condoms especially in the inner city's.

Yes sir........I would have a hard time having that conversation with my daughters.....luckily I have a wife that feels the same as I do......and so far, so good. 

39 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I don’t understand the bold comment. 

The conservative de facto response is always “the parents”. Have you guys ever once considered, maybe these people don’t have parents? Or Maybe the parents are absolute morons?

Whats the kid to do then? Conservatives don’t have an answer. Never have, never will. 

See my previous reply on condoms in school, sex Ed in school, planned parenthood 

With that said - I’m outta this thread. Clearly minds are already made up, so no point in me discussing any further

Conservatives,( I don’t understand there being a division….we’re all human), don’t believe in taking the life of an unborn child. Anyone who does, believes in the murder of that child. I don’t care what right some woman thinks she has, or what the Supreme Court has deemed as her right, it still comes down to murder and we have had to abide/live with that decision for decades. I don’t have a daughter, but if she had somehow become pregnant out of wedlock, I can assure you that she would have had the child, raised it as her own with my expert help as a parent, or she would have given it up for adoption to loving parents.

I’ll try this one more time. Has anyone been close to any woman who had a miscarriage? If so, were tears shed? If you believe in abortion, why feel any pain? It’s just another lifeless (according to you) creature that would have been a burden.

I had two boys who I love more than anything, but they were burdens on my lifestyle. When the first was born, everything that I knew about life changed for the better, even though the financial burden was there. We somehow make it through. I never could have conceived my life without them. God finds a way to make it happen, but you have to try with Him.

18 minutes ago, baddog said:

Conservatives,( I don’t understand there being a division….we’re all human), don’t believe in taking the life of an unborn child. Anyone who does, believes in the murder of that child. I don’t care what right some woman thinks she has, or what the Supreme Court has deemed as her right, it still comes down to murder and we have had to abide/live with that decision for decades. I don’t have a daughter, but if she had somehow become pregnant out of wedlock, I can assure you that she would have had the child, raised it as her own with my expert help as a parent, or she would have given it up for adoption to loving parents.

I’ll try this one more time. Has anyone been close to any woman who had a miscarriage? If so, were tears shed? If you believe in abortion, why feel any pain? It’s just another lifeless (according to you) creature that would have been a burden.

I had two boys who I love more than anything, but they were burdens on my lifestyle. When the first was born, everything that I knew about life changed for the better, even though the financial burden was there. We somehow make it through. I never could have conceived my life without them. God finds a way to make it happen, but you have to try with Him.

Therein lies the problem. You don't care about women's rights to their own bodies. I'm not even trying to convince you the other way to be honest, you just admitted yourself that you don't care.

1 hour ago, Gorilla Bob said:

Agree.  Planned Parenthood is one of these places.  

43 minutes ago, baddog said:

it's a lot easier to talk on these issues with such certainty when you don't.  

We've had this debate before, and a lot of people were "very disappointed" in me.  I don't have an issue with a woman terminating a non-viable fetus while it's in her body.  It's not something I agree with morally, but it's not something I think anyone has the right to tell a woman not to do.  Where do you stop?  Why is it okay for a man to wear a condom, or a woman to take birth control?  Think of all the potential babies they're killing.  Where in the bible did God say it was okay to have a vasectomy or a hysterectomy.  Why do conservatives get to determine the cutoff of when it's acceptable to end potential life?  Why do they fight so hard to force at-risk, impoverished mothers to have these children, and then fight so hard to not contribute to helping them financially through government programs.  And then get to say things like "you should've been more responsible", or "carry it for nine months and give it up for adoption".  It's really just such a ridiculous argument to me.  A bunch of dudes sitting around telling women what they should have to do with their own bodies when they get pregnant.  A bunch of dudes sitting around and coming up with their own made up rules as to what's acceptable and what isn't in terms of birth control.  There's a reason that predominately republican supreme courts haven't touched this issue.  

38 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Therein lies the problem. You don't care about women's rights to their own bodies. I'm not even trying to convince you the other way to be honest, you just admitted yourself that you don't care.

I care about that. I care more about murdering babies who don’t have a choice over an inconvenience of pregnancy in many cases. 

Just now, bullets13 said:

again, that's the point.  so many conservatives don't care about them once they're born.  are they not still pure then?

What makes you think liberals care about them?  They keep them in crime infested public housing and throw crumbs at them just so they can get their vote to keep the crumbs coming.

Liberals care no more about babies that conservatives...and we know they care nothing for the unborn.