Vidor Pirates vs Silsbee Tigers

Stangfan#1

10 hours ago, STiger85 said:

This will be the 51st time these two teams have played each other. Silsbee leads the overall series 29-18-3. Vidor won the last game way back in 2003 28-27 while Silsbee's last win was in 2001 22-21. 

fun fact: one of my first Vidor football games i vividly remember going to when we first moved to town from Louisiana was a game against Silsbee at the old stadium. Not sure which year, possibly 92 or 93.

I really think Vidor can win this game. But I don't predict scores for my team. The two things that concern me, is the fumbling. We can move the ball and efficiently, but the exchange has been sloppy as hell. The other thing that concerns is, the secondary. I've noticed they had a hard time communicating and being on the same page. And when they throw the deep ball, our DBs have a hard time tracking and adjusting.

26 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I really think Vidor can win this game. But I don't predict scores for my team. The two things that concern me, is the fumbling. We can move the ball and efficiently, but the exchange has been sloppy as hell. The other thing that concerns is, the secondary. I've noticed they had a hard time communicating and being on the same page. And when they throw the deep ball, our DBs have a hard time tracking and adjusting.

And silsbee can go deep. It will be a good test for both teams. 

7 hours ago, piratevillain said:

yup, still running it. But finally decided to ditch the god awful pistol formation.

7 hours ago, piratevillain said:

yup, still running it. But finally decided to ditch the god awful pistol formation.

The Slot T’s primary strong point is deception.  When ran correctly, it confuses the D and the fans.  The “pistol” removed 50% of that advantage.  Hit the delete button on that bs.

18 hours ago, piratevillain said:

That's what worries me. I agree, it's definitely gonna be a good measuring stick to start the season off.

Its not so much that teams like to go deep, its the coverage that Vidor plays.  Vidor likes to play man BUT the DB's are told to give 7+ yards of cushion and NO that is not coming form the DC.  

I think vidors defense takes a big step back from last yr lost a ton on that side of the ball and are breaking in some youngsters that will take some lump front 7 will be good but the backend is suspect, with that being said the offense looks like it is getting back to try misdirection if that is the case they should be better I see a typical .500 season from the pirates and a 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs, but I have seen teams like this over achieve so time will tell good luck pirates 

1 hour ago, astros4141078 said:

I think vidors defense takes a big step back from last yr lost a ton on that side of the ball and are breaking in some youngsters that will take some lump front 7 will be good but the backend is suspect, with that being said the offense looks like it is getting back to try misdirection if that is the case they should be better I see a typical .500 season from the pirates and a 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs, but I have seen teams like this over achieve so time will tell good luck pirates 

100% agree with you. This team has alot of potential to be good, imo.