WOS at Vidor scrimmage

Stangfan#1

1 minute ago, piratevillain said:

That 2016 Pirate team was special. Starting the season with a blowout loss to Barbers Hill, 40-6. Mathews changed alot of things up after that loss and we're able to get a share of that title, beating a really good Memorial team. Having a Quirante kid helped too! 😂

Tomorrow’s scrimmage- in Vidor or WOS, and what time?

6 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

That 2016 Pirate team was special. Starting the season with a blowout loss to Barbers Hill, 40-6. Mathews changed alot of things up after that loss and we're able to get a share of that title, beating a really good Memorial team. Having a Quirante kid helped too! 😂

Didn't it rain in that BH game and caused some kind of a ruckus from their higher-ups about the field?? Or maybe im thinking about Ned and BH. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Didn't it rain in that BH game and caused some kind of a ruckus from their higher-ups about the field?? Or maybe im thinking about Ned and BH. 

Oh yeah, I remember BH posted a tweet about the playing surface and band members losing shoes when they were marching.🤣 I think that was the starting point for Vidor to get a turf field.

4 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Oh yeah, I remember BH posted a tweet about the playing surface and band members losing shoes when they were marching.🤣 I think that was the starting point for Vidor to get a turf field.

As I remember, it was the BH Supt who made the derogatory comments. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his underwear.

21 hours ago, Hagar said:

Yes, Coached by the miracle worker, Edgar Payne.  The 62 Team went 0-10.  Enter Coach Payne and in 63 went 6-4.  Then 64 13-0-1.  As I remember, Coach Payne retired due to health problems.  Miracle worker?  Absolutely.

12-0-1, semifinal game vs San Marcos was tied 21-21, but the Rattlers advanced to play Palestine in the championship game with a 5-4 edge in penetrations.  Second tie breaker was first downs and the third was total yardage.  Vidor had a significant advantage in both of those.                                                                                                 The 2011 Montana Quirante led team would be a close second IMO.

12 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Fixing to be headed to the stadium; This hot, humid, weather makes me realize I need a Pirate shirt that isn't in black.😂

But I haven't seen anything about the scrimmage being live streamed through, but I'll try and give updates the best I can.

Thanks guy!

On 8/16/2021 at 6:55 PM, piratevillain said:

I'm not eating crow.😂

On 8/17/2021 at 5:28 PM, piratevillain said:

Yup, lonestar is where I got it from and its definitely not 100% accurate. But yeah, the 90's were not good to us at all. '98 is the year we went 1-9, 1999 was Mathews first year and we went 5-5 that season and stunned WOS that year, 21-17. But good luck to your team as well, looking forward to the Silsbee game next Friday!

WOS up 7 to O gales on the run

Looked like WOS got down the field fairly easily for an opening drive TD but what would I know I was stuck in the concession line. Had to start the year off right with a chili, cheese nachos with jalapeños and a Dr Pepper. I did watch the Pirates go nowhere with a quick 3 and out punt. The QB is very small this year, he’s a lil fella.