2021 DCTF 12-5A-D2 predictions

Cougar14.2

Well your favorite rah rah hater is back!! I said last year PNG would compete for the #4 spot and I will say the same this year. I think Crosby and Nederland are locks for playoff spots. I think PNG will need to pick up a win against TC to go in as #4. Defense will be a tad better possibly, but who knows. They are moving kids all over the place, so I expect the same missed assignments as usual. I think the tall sophomore will see a lot of playing time at QB, the starter has been injury prone. Receivers are average and the loss of Reid at RB hurts us IMO. Bost was a very good athlete, and he made up for a lack of a lot of other stuff and had ice water in his veins. I think a 5-5 season will be a success. From what I read we have a great kicker, but when you are giving up 40+ a game, 3 points doesn’t help much. So mark this post for later review. Look for PNG to go in as a 4, or not go in. This my friends is the truth, truth!!!!! 

On 7/30/2021 at 2:54 AM, purpleeagle said:

How many state championships has the almighty Crosby won? I think Pt. Arthur has won at least two. I can see how Crosby would want to looks up to PA and would want to be just like them. 

We’ve won just as many as Manvel? I really only count state titles post PVIL, I think it more accurately reflects the modern era. In that case I saw zero for the four Port Arthur schools listed.

Lol, it’s crazy that when a school has a supporter articulate enough to highlight the work the kids and staff put in that sarcasm is the de facto reply. You would think they could at least conjure a formative rebuttal. Undoubtedly not though? 

4 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Way to go out a limb there. Crosby won't beat 4 top 7 teams on the way to a state title appearance? Wow what a reach and risk you're taking! 

Exactly. Before last year he would’ve said “Crosby will never play for a state championship anytime soon.” I hope we don’t have to make another run like we did last year. I hope we get to play two 4th place teams, a second and third place team like we did in ‘14. We got the district champion rounds 2-6 this year. 

14 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Exactly. Before last year he would’ve said “Crosby will never play for a state championship anytime soon.” I hope we don’t have to make another run like we did last year. I hope we get to play two 4th place teams, a second and third place team like we did in ‘14. We got the district champion rounds 2-6 this year. 

Your right I would have said that. You ever hear of the saying a blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then? You were the squirrel last year 😂. I don’t think anyone In their right mind would have thought Crosby would be at the state title game last year, but two OT games and the a little luck BAM they did it.  We will see how Crosby responds this year and I hope they do well. I Think Crosby will compete for the DC this year and make it 2-3 rounds which is exactly we’re last season could have ended.  

15 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Well your favorite rah rah hater is back!! I said last year PNG would compete for the #4 spot and I will say the same this year. I think Crosby and Nederland are locks for playoff spots. I think PNG will need to pick up a win against TC to go in as #4. Defense will be a tad better possibly, but who knows. They are moving kids all over the place, so I expect the same missed assignments as usual. I think the tall sophomore will see a lot of playing time at QB, the starter has been injury prone. Receivers are average and the loss of Reid at RB hurts us IMO. Bost was a very good athlete, and he made up for a lack of a lot of other stuff and had ice water in his veins. I think a 5-5 season will be a success. From what I read we have a great kicker, but when you are giving up 40+ a game, 3 points doesn’t help much. So mark this post for later review. Look for PNG to go in as a 4, or not go in. This my friends is the truth, truth!!!!! 

You dont know what you are talking about. 

16 hours ago, Stattrax said:

@BMTSoulja1 he's talking about the same kid I was telling you and @Yeoj about that I thought was the better passer. (I think the starter is the better runner of the 2)

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@BMTSoulja1 he's talking about the same kid I was telling you and @Yeoj about that I thought was the better passer. (I think the starter is the better runner of the 2)

Yeah I saw that kid as a freshman against WB last year. The kid could really spin it and throws with very good velocity. They also had really good size on their offensive line. The skills position players were average though.

5 hours ago, aki1994 said:

You dont know what you are talking about. 

Sadly I do. Don’t believe the hype of the internet. You will see a QB carousel this season. And you will not see a vastly improved defense. Maybe the kicker is good, but 3 points at a time will not help.  Take this info you your bookie, it’s golden!!  My credentials are famous. World renowned. Guarnere will be the breakout reciever  of the Corp, if you are looking for a bright spot.

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

PNG will not be playing for 4th place. They will be playing for 1st place. Teams don’t start out playing for 4th place.

Well said. I was speaking about the ending. But it’s a glass half full, glass half empty situation.

20 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Defense will be better this year. The running game will be key this year. Need o-line to step up. Reed could be in the mix late in the year. 

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

Sadly I do. Don’t believe the hype of the internet. You will see a QB carousel this season. And you will not see a vastly improved defense. Maybe the kicker is good, but 3 points at a time will not help.  Take this info you your bookie, it’s golden!!  My credentials are famous. World renowned. Guarnere will be the breakout reciever  of the Corp, if you are looking for a bright spot.

I am not buying any hype. But the 40 plus points a game was a bit of a stretch and I get it since you are a Faircloth hater. We will get out athleted and scores ran up but lets not act like since he has been here his offense hasn't been plug and play. In his 12 years at PN-G his team has only given up more than 40 points in a game more than twice in a season on 3 occasions. (2010 (4 times), 2012 (3 times) and 2020 (3 times). While the offense averages 5.5 games a year over 40 points. So while you might fail at simple math I won't dispute your pick as the 4 seed. Just have to wait and see. 

3 hours ago, aki1994 said:

I am not buying any hype. But the 40 plus points a game was a bit of a stretch and I get it since you are a Faircloth hater. We will get out athleted and scores ran up but lets not act like since he has been here his offense hasn't been plug and play. In his 12 years at PN-G his team has only given up more than 40 points in a game more than twice in a season on 3 occasions. (2010 (4 times), 2012 (3 times) and 2020 (3 times). While the offense averages 5.5 games a year over 40 points. So while you might fail at simple math I won't dispute your pick as the 4 seed. Just have to wait and see. 

I struggle at math. And have a 2nd grade education. And my experience level on football is based off Tecmo Bowl games. However, I don’t dispute your numbers, actually when I run out of fingers and toes I just quit. But 4 seed at best, and my QB observation is on point. Just read this back in a month or so. I am by no means a BF hater, nor lover. He is a great offensive mind. And from what RJ told me, he’s actually a great defensive mind. However he doesn’t coach the other side of the ball.BF actually called the play in the timeout that Nederland ran to beat us when RJ was QB. However, as usual, our defense was out of position. So put your Pom poms down for a bit and take my words for what they are. It’s all opinion based, and maybe Tecmo Bowl isn’t actually the education needed to coach football or evaluate talent. But those that know me, know I don’t mince my words. Love me, or hate me, I’m just a clown 🤡 without makeup stocking up on toilet paper for the upcoming next pandemic. PM me if you run out!!!

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

BG, these folks forgot about me!!!! I feel like Eminem wrote a song about this!! 

12 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Your right I would have said that. You ever hear of the saying a blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then? You were the squirrel last year 😂. I don’t think anyone In their right mind would have thought Crosby would be at the state title game last year, but two OT games and the a little luck BAM they did it.  We will see how Crosby responds this year and I hope they do well. I Think Crosby will compete for the DC this year and make it 2-3 rounds which is exactly we’re last season could have ended.  

You’re right. A blind squirrel may find a nut. He’s not finding one four weeks in a row against an undefeated #5, #4, #3 and #7 when nobody else has all year though. You’re saying “anybody in their right mind .  .  . “, but Crosby came into last year preseason top 10. DC’s said we were loaded and we eventually started playing like it. 

You look at the last 10-15 years of 2nd round losses Crosby has had and you figure we would learn something, mainly to play defense. The law of averages says we’re eventually going to win some. As far as last year’s run there wasn’t really anything flukish about it. We had just as good or better personnel than everybody we lined up against in the playoffs except Aledo. Again, I point to the 4x100M state title to highlight what type of athletes Crosby had on the field. 

I said three years ago teams like Crosby would be huge benefactors of splitting the class into two divisions. In 2015 Crosby was 11-0 when they faced FB Ridge Point in the 2nd round. Carlos Grace had torn his ACL which already put us at a huge disadvantage but either way we were blown out once again in the 2nd round of the 5A-D2 playoffs. The very next year Ridge Point went 11-1 and lost by a FG in the 2nd round of the 6A-D1 playoffs. We were in a 5A-D2 playoff game with nearly 1,000 less kids. 

That was one of the more extreme examples but those are the type situations we would run into. At the end of the day a loss is a loss though. The UIL gave Crosby a break with realignment and we were good enough to be able to capitalize a few years later, mainly because of the increased impact of our personnel with the cut down enrollments. As long as we’re in D2 Crosby is going to be a factor. A good season for us this year would be going 9-4/10-3 with a third round loss to FB Marshall but two or three years from now don’t be surprised to see us right back in the title game if we stay in D2. 

35 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You’re right. A blind squirrel may find a nut. He’s not finding one four weeks in a row against an undefeated #5, #4, #3 and #7 when nobody else has all year though. You’re saying “anybody in their right mind .  .  . “, but Crosby came into last year preseason top 10. DC’s said we were loaded and we eventually started playing like it. 

You look at the last 10-15 years of 2nd round losses Crosby has had and you figure we would learn something, mainly to play defense. The law of averages says we’re eventually going to win some. As far as last year’s run there wasn’t really anything flukish about it. We had just as good or better personnel than everybody we lined up against in the playoffs except Aledo. Again, I point to the 4x100M state title to highlight what type of athletes Crosby had on the field

I said three years ago teams like Crosby would be huge benefactors of splitting the class into two divisions. In 2015 Crosby was 11-0 when they faced FB Ridge Point in the 2nd round. Carlos Grace had torn his ACL which already put us at a huge disadvantage but either way we were blown out once again in the 2nd round of the 5A-D2 playoffs. The very next year Ridge Point went 11-1 and lost by a FG in the 2nd round of the 6A-D1 playoffs. We were in a 5A-D2 playoff game with nearly 1,000 less kids. 

That was one of the more extreme examples but those are the type situations we would run into. At the end of the day a loss is a loss though. The UIL gave Crosby a break with realignment and we were good enough to be able to capitalize a few years later, mainly because of the increased impact of our personnel with the cut down enrollments. As long as we’re in D2 Crosby is going to be a factor. A good season for us this year would be going 9-4/10-3 with a third round loss to FB Marshall but two or three years from now don’t be surprised to see us right back in the title game if we stay in D2. 

(In bold) they're ppl that still to this day can't believe Crosby not only beat FBM on the field but beat em on the track this past school year as well. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

(In bold) they're ppl that still to this day can't believe Crosby not only beat FBM on the field but beat em on the track this past school year as well. 

Was surprising to me too. FBM actually got 3rd with Longview being the runner up. Direct translation to the field is that they struggled with Branch’s speed while Crosby was fast enough to contain theirs.

11 hours ago, Stattrax said:

I struggle at math. And have a 2nd grade education. And my experience level on football is based off Tecmo Bowl games. However, I don’t dispute your numbers, actually when I run out of fingers and toes I just quit. But 4 seed at best, and my QB observation is on point. Just read this back in a month or so. I am by no means a BF hater, nor lover. He is a great offensive mind. And from what RJ told me, he’s actually a great defensive mind. However he doesn’t coach the other side of the ball.BF actually called the play in the timeout that Nederland ran to beat us when RJ was QB. However, as usual, our defense was out of position. So put your Pom poms down for a bit and take my words for what they are. It’s all opinion based, and maybe Tecmo Bowl isn’t actually the education needed to coach football or evaluate talent. But those that know me, know I don’t mince my words. Love me, or hate me, I’m just a clown 🤡 without makeup stocking up on toilet paper for the upcoming next pandemic. PM me if you run out!!!

We can settle this on your expertise right now... Original Tecmo Bowl. One game to win, which team you playing with? 

On 8/9/2021 at 5:34 PM, Stattrax said:

The only thing I would ask is if PNG and TC are playing for fourth, who is playing for third? I think you're making the assumption that it will be BH but with them breaking in a new coach and no real offseason, I'm not so sure? TC and PNG both had awful defenses last year but the only bright spot on TC's whole team graduated. They have a stud sophomore back that's going to replace McCall but making the assumption that both defenses will be pretty equal I would put PNG as the clear favorite over TC simply because of what they normally are on offense. To you point though, I would've said the same thing last year and they lost by 4 tds.