Why can’t people just obey Police Officers orders?

Realville

57 minutes ago, Realville said:

Another tough decision for a Police Officer.

I’m glad he’s dead. Hope the bullets burned real good before he died. Just one less POS in the world. Anyone who has sympathy for that POS has issues of their own.

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I honestly don’t think it was a tough decision. They did what they deemed necessary. I feel bad for the kid who called 911. No doubt he will blame himself for his dad’s death. 

Tough....being he knew he was about to potentially end someone’s life when he pull the trigger. I would think that would weigh on a officers mind regardless that he was right in doing so. I know It comes with the job but there is a human side to that situation. 

The toughest part was waiting so long to shoot. I think legally the officer could have simply opened fire while the guy was holding her at knife point. There is no legal requirement to wait until he starts the motion forward with the blade, a requirement to negotiate or anything else.

The threat was made, the weapon was displayed and he was standing in position to carry out the threat. The officer used good tactics in trying to de-escalate the situation but is my opinion it put the woman in more danger by allowing the man to possibly carry out the threat under the mantra of political correctness . Now officers have to risk their own lives and of victims by trying to talk a guy down who is in position to carry out a deadly threat.

Here is a question I would like to ask for people that think the police such as this situation, handled it wrong. At what point should the police hold back from using force at the risk of an innocent person being killed?

it is a sad position that some groups and some politicians have put the police in the position to not protect innocent victims.

Overall it was an awesome job by the police officers on scene and particularly the one leading in front. They followed all of the current wishful thinking protocol to try to talk to person into surrendering, which is great, but in my opinion should not be done when it risks an innocent person‘s life. Is one thing for the officer to be in danger but their job is to protect the innocent first. This woman was obviously the victim.

Way to go, Thin Blue Line. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

The toughest part was waiting so long to shoot. I think legally the officer could have simply opened fire while the guy was holding her at knife point. There is no legal requirement to wait until he starts the motion forward with the blade, a requirement to negotiate or anything else.

The threat was made, the weapon was displayed and he was standing in position to carry out the threat. The officer used good tactics in trying to de-escalate the situation but is my opinion it put the woman in more danger by allowing the man to possibly carry out the threat under the mantra of political correctness . Now officers have to risk their own lives and of victims by trying to talk a guy down who is in position to carry out a deadly threat.

Here is a question I would like to ask for people that think the police such as this situation, handled it wrong. At what point should the police hold back from using force at the risk of an innocent person being killed?

it is a sad position that some groups and some politicians have put the police in the position to not protect innocent victims.

Overall it was an awesome job by the police officers on scene and particularly the one leading in front. They followed all of the current wishful thinking protocol to try to talk to person into surrendering, which is great, but in my opinion should not be done when it risks an innocent person‘s life. Is one thing for the officer to be in danger but their job is to protect the innocent first. This woman was obviously the victim.

Way to go, Thin Blue Line. 

Well he definitely gave the guy ample opportunity to drop the knife. The officer is to be commended.

41 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Wow, so much respect for the men and women that do this job.  To have to deal with a situation like this and then having to deal with taking someone’s life.  So much to ask from anyone...and to think there are fools out there that want to defund these folks, smh.

Thank you. 

I just ended my run two weeks ago, 37 years and (almost) 4 months.

The things we see.....

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I bet after all those years.....it’s been ingrained in ya.

Yes it is. Almost 4 decades of almost unimaginable sights that the public can only guess at and a frequency most most people did not know exists. In a department that averages 8-9 officers per shift, I have been to over 1,000 death scenes from all causes (several children), in the hospital maybe 6 times in the line of duty, 5 shooting incidents where I shot at someone, was shot at up close enough to actually see the gun pointing at me or my partner killing a guy about 10 feet from me, talked to people as they were dying, a few high speed chases including drive by shooting suspects, undercover operations, probably over 50, 000 contacts with the public, participated in more than 10,000 arrests, 10 years on swat, 30 years of teaching at the police academy.............

I could go on but yes it becomes ingrained.

A couple of weeks before I retired I ran into this post on Facebook. It was completely accidental but almost appropriate. Another officer in a police only forum was asking what it was like to retire because he had a couple of days to go or something like that. I was only a few days behind him and there were plenty of usual responses such as congratulations, you will love it, it will take a while but you will “eventually” wonder why you didn’t do it earlier, welcome to the club and so on. One said this however and I saved it.....

>>>>>Author unknown;

When Cops Retire

When a good cop leaves the 'job' and retires to a better life, many are jealous, some are pleased and yet others, who may have already retired, wonder. We wonder if he knows what he is leaving behind, because we already know. We know, for example, that after a lifetime of camaraderie that few experience, it will remain as a longing for those past times. We know in the law enforcement life there is a fellowship which lasts long after the uniforms are hung up in the back of the closet . We know even if he throws them away, they will be on him with every step and breath that remains in his life. We also know how the very bearing of the man speaks of what he was and in his heart still is.

These are the burdens of the job. You will still look at people suspiciously, still see what others do not see or choose to ignore and always will look at the rest of the law enforcement world with a respect for what they do; only grown in a lifetime of knowing. Never think for one moment you are escaping from that life. You are only escaping the 'job' and merely being allowed to leave 'active' duty.

So what I wish for you is that whenever you ease into retirement, in your heart you never forget for one moment that 'Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called children of God,' and you are still a member of the greatest fraternity the world has ever known.

There are those that think they understand. And then . . . There are cops.<<<<<

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Yes it is. Almost 4 decades of almost unimaginable sights that the public can only guess at and a frequency most most people did not know exists. In a department that averages 8-9 officers per shift, I have been to over 1,000 death scenes from all causes (several children), in the hospital maybe 6 times in the line of duty, 5 shooting incidents where I shot at someone, was shot at up close enough to actually see the gun pointing at me or my partner killing a guy about 10 feet from me, talked to people as they were dying, a few high speed chases including drive by shooting suspects, undercover operations, probably over 50, 000 contacts with the public, participated in more than 10,000 arrests, 10 years on swat, 30 years of teaching at the police academy.............

A couple of weeks before I retired I ran into this post on Facebook. It was completely accidental but almost appropriate. Another officer in a police only forum was asking what it was like to retire because he had a couple of days to go or something like that. I was only a few days behind him and there were plenty of usual responses such as congratulations, you will love it, it will take a while but you will “eventually” wonder why you didn’t do it earlier, welcome to the club and so on. One said this however and I saved it.....

>>>>>Author unknown;

When Cops Retire

When a good cop leaves the 'job' and retires to a better life, many are jealous, some are pleased and yet others, who may have already retired, wonder. We wonder if he knows what he is leaving behind, because we already know. We know, for example, that after a lifetime of camaraderie that few experience, it will remain as a longing for those past times. We know in the law enforcement life there is a fellowship which lasts long after the uniforms are hung up in the back of the closet . We know even if he throws them away, they will be on him with every step and breath that remains in his life. We also know how the very bearing of the man speaks of what he was and in his heart still is.

These are the burdens of the job. You will still look at people suspiciously, still see what others do not see or choose to ignore and always will look at the rest of the law enforcement world with a respect for what they do; only grown in a lifetime of knowing. Never think for one moment you are escaping from that life. You are only escaping the 'job' and merely being allowed to leave 'active' duty.

So what I wish for you is that whenever you ease into retirement, in your heart you never forget for one moment that 'Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called children of God,' and you are still a member of the greatest fraternity the world has ever known.

Thanks TVC. Enjoy your retirement. 

7 hours ago, tvc184 said:

>>>>>Author unknown;

When Cops Retire

Very well written.

I ve always..... always believe that a person must possess fortitude to be able to with stand LEO and military life in active duty as well as non active/retirement life. From the issues and situations you have mentioned mental toughness is key.

I have many relatives that were/are military and/or LEOs. Some have past some still living.

my first cousin retired about 2 years ago from being an LEO in New Orleans. Did many undercover operations. He s told me a lot but I know there’s probably a lot more he could say From the heinous crimes he s seen and just outright evilness.

He s told me things referring to “the pipeline btwn organized crime and politicians/govt employees” 

he s looking over his shoulder constantly....he mentally struggles with being at peace.

the non LEOs/military people’s imagination from hearing stories doesn’t do “the real experience” justice. 

I wish you peace of mind in your retired journey.  God Bless.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

smh

I wish these big cities would completely do away with the police or that the office themselves would walk off the job. I have talk to police officers all over the country and most of them would however obviously, they need a paycheck. I have been on a forum with almost 60,000 police officers and just say there was an attempted mass exodus from certain areas would be an understatement. Most of the officers have families and obviously cannot simply quit but if we don’t think they are looking to go elsewhere, we are sorely mistaken. Officers in Washington, Oregon, California and other places are looking to go to the south or the west I am doing so in droves. we might have all seen news articles where a particular police department has lost so many officers in the last year for retirement and resignations. What the news reports do not cover and they simply cannot find out the truth (because individual officers aren’t making it public)  is how many ounces would leave if given the opportunity. I know at my police department and I’m sure most, there is always information on which officers are seeking employment elsewhere. At certain times it can be a fairly significant percentage.  The officers are not wanting to give up the job but the location and public support of a particular location. 

So I wish that the cities that  claim they don’t need the police or need way fewer of them, get their wish. I am positive that they are not going to like the results. Some cities have already found that out.

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

I wish these big cities would completely do away with the police or that the office themselves would walk off the job. I have talk to police officers all over the country and most of them would however obviously, they need a paycheck. I have been on a forum with almost 60,000 police officers and just say there was an attempted mass exodus from certain areas would be an understatement. Most of the officers have families and obviously cannot simply quit but if we don’t think they are looking to go elsewhere, we are sorely mistaken. Officers in Washington, Oregon, California and other places are looking to go to the south or the west I am doing so in droves. we might have all seen news articles where a particular police department has lost so many officers in the last year for retirement and resignations. What the news reports do not cover and they simply cannot find out the truth (because individual officers aren’t making it public)  is how many ounces would leave if given the opportunity. I know at my police department and I’m sure most, there is always information on which officers are seeking employment elsewhere. At certain times it can be a fairly significant percentage.  The officers are not wanting to give up the job but the location and public support of a particular location. 

So I wish that the cities that  claim they don’t need the police or need way fewer of them, get their wish. I am positive that they are not going to like the results. Some cities have already found that out.

Agree, but if these cities have enough folks to vote these radicals in office, they kinda get what they ask for.  How anyone can think this is a good idea is beyond me.