Port Neches-Groves at Dayton Predictions

Guest TravelingBandsman

To compare defenses you have to compare #'s...you obviously haven't done that. What makes you think our offense isn't clicking???

Why do you take a persons prediction on a prediction thread so personal? It is not like he attacked Dayton or any of its players. He made his prediction and justified how he saw fit with his OPINION. Get over it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you take a persons prediction on a prediction thread so personal? It is not like he attacked Dayton or any of its players. He made his prediction and justified how he saw fit with his OPINION. Get over it.

He made a statement as a fact. I would just like to know what he based this fact on--that is all. Otherwise it is just running off at the mouth or stupidity.

I won't argue with you....my response is really to ALL of his seemingly uninformed posts...Not exactly sure why you are defending him. When he states something as fact, he needs to back it up with some evidence. Why do you take my response to him so personal???

I won't argue with you....my response is really to ALL of his seemingly uninformed posts...Not exactly sure why you are defending him. When he states something as fact, he needs to back it up with some evidence. Why do you take my response to him so personal???

Dayton fans are almost as bad as Lumberton fans with the exception that I think Dayton will probably win this game. Anytime someone makes a PN-G win prediction you guys come out in force to let them know they are wrong, stats are where it is at, and they are stupid.

When someone says they think their defense is as good as yall's and they like the way their offense is playing you guys label them stupid and uninformed. Unless someone attacks your team why not just let them make their freaking prediction on a PREDICTION thread without having to hear from all the Dayton experts about how stupid they are?

Dayton fans are almost as bad as Lumberton fans with the exception that I think Dayton will probably win this game. Anytime someone makes a PN-G win prediction you guys come out in force to let them know they are wrong, stats are where it is at, and they are stupid.

When someone says they think their defense is as good as yall's and they like the way their offense is playing you guys label them stupid and uninformed. Unless someone attacks your team why not just let them make their freaking prediction on a PREDICTION thread without having to hear from all the Dayton experts about how stupid they are?

He did not say " I THINK OUR DEFENSE IS BETTER"

He said our defense is better--I just want him to back it up!!

I love this thread - it has many similarities to posts last week about that upcoming game. Same cockiness, same demeanor. Someone even ask who our safties were, etc, etc.

PNG, last week at the beginning of the second quarter, when you were looking at a 14-7 deficit to Beaumont Central at the 11:14 mark of the second quarter and wondering what the hell was going on, six seconds before, at the 11:21 mark of our second quarter, Dayton was scoring their third touchdown to lead 21-0. While your Indians were coughing up the ball three times on offense, the Bronco offense was churning away with almost 600 yards of offense. And keep in mind, we totally called off the offensive dogs with better than 11 minutes left in the game. This game could have been 84-0 just as easy as it was 63.

I keep hearing this excuse, however, that the Nederland players were just quitting. Well, pardners, there's a reason for that - they were getting clocked on both sides of the ball. Their OL and DL were being ABUSED and finally got tired of it and lost their will to play. They were demoralized and even an astute Nederland fan would probably agree.

Like Mike East said, "you just don't know - this is not the same Dayton team that lost to Nederland."

Can we repeat and have a like performance against your team? Probably not - games like that are usually unique, but at least our kids have been through an almost perfect game and know what it's like. Can your team make that statement?  I guess in two more days, we're apt to find out.

He did not say " I THINK OUR DEFENSE IS BETTER"

He said our defense is better--I just want him to back it up!!

I see what you are saying, but I just think people are taking this stuff too far. He was giving his opinion. Whether it is right or wrong is not going to be relevant after Friday. I personally feel like we will match up well with Dayton's defense. The key for us will be staying focused and not making mental mistakes. With Dayton's quick attacking style we have to execute the snap and make smooth handoffs. It should be a good game.

I love this thread - it has many similarities to posts last week about that upcoming game. Same cockiness, same demeanor. Someone even ask who our safties were, etc, etc.

PNG, last week at the beginning of the second quarter, when you were looking at a 14-7 deficit to Beaumont Central at the 11:14 mark of the second quarter and wondering what the heck was going on, six seconds before, at the 11:21 mark of our second quarter, Dayton was scoring their third touchdown to lead 21-0. While your Indians were coughing up the ball three times on offense, the Bronco offense was churning away with almost 600 yards of offense. And keep in mind, we totally called off the offensive dogs with better than 11 minutes left in the game. This game could have been 84-0 just as easy as it was 63.

I keep hearing this excuse, however, that the Nederland players were just quitting. Well, pardners, there's a reason for that - they were getting clocked on both sides of the ball. Their OL and DL were being ABUSED and finally got tired of it and lost their will to play. They were demoralized and even an astute Nederland fan would probably agree.

Like Mike East said, "you just don't know - this is not the same Dayton team that lost to Nederland."

Can we repeat and have a like performance against your team? Probably not - games like that are usually unique, but at least our kids have been through an almost perfect game and know what it's like. Can your team make that statement?  I guess in two more days, we're apt to find out.

You must feel great knowing your team is the greatest. Our guys might as well stay home because big bad Dayton is just too scary. Hell, I am scared to even cross the Trinity River now. I might be demoralized on my way to Pappacitos. You guys are the reigning district champs and until we beat ya'll I would say the better team. Good for ya'll. Maybe someone will bring you a cookie with the #1 on it.

You must feel great knowing your team is the greatest. Our guys might as well stay home because big bad Dayton is just too scary. heck, I am scared to even cross the Trinity River now. I might be demoralized on my way to Pappacitos. You guys are the reigning district champs and until we beat ya'll I would say the better team. Good for ya'll. Maybe someone will bring you a cookie with the #1 on it.

One thing....You can bet your a$$ that PN-G won't lay down ! You can also count on facing the best team that you have seen since WO-S. A VERY physical team. That being said, I don't know if we can take Dayton at home. I do know that it won't be a walk in the park for the Broncs !!! May both teams escape injury free and Good Luck...

I will see what I can do. Do you Dayton guys prefer Great American Cookie Company or Nestle? Either way, you are not getting one. Sorry.  ;D

Sorry--I thought it was a legitimate offer---come by the Athletic Booster stand and get you a turkey leg--better than a cookie anyway---enjoy your ride home

For the record, the best team we've played since WO-S was Friendswood, and they were better. But one more time - the team before you now is a way different team than either of those games. Way different.

For the record.....here is what I really think about Dayton.

1. They are a very good football team.

2. It will take a perfect game by us to beat them at home.

3. I really just want to see us make it out healthy and not broken mentally. To me, this is a pride game and the real season starts next week.

4. If I was coming to the game I would love to bring you guys a cookie and trade it off for a couple of turkey legs. Plus, I would not mind meeting other posters like I had the chance to do at the flag football game.

5. I hope you guys are not in our district next year and maybe we will only have to see yall if the playoffs are made and the draw happens that way. Really, it does not make any sense for you guys to have to play over here instead of your own local teams.

6. Good luck to yall Friday and hopefully both teams walk away healthy.

7. I did not want to get into all the trash talking and I am keeping quiet until after the game.

3. I really just want to see us make it out healthy and not broken mentally. To me, this is a pride game and the real season starts next week.

4. If I was coming to the game I would love to bring you guys a cookie and trade it off for a couple of turkey legs. Plus, I would not mind meeting other posters like I had the chance to do at the flag football game.

5. I hope you guys are not in our district next year and maybe we will only have to see yall if the playoffs are made and the draw happens that way. Really, it does not make any sense for you guys to have to play over here instead of your own local teams.

7. I did not want to get into all the trash talking and I am keeping quiet until after the game.

I agree wholeheartedly...Best of Luck to both teams, hopefully injury free.

Dayton is playing football better than any team in 4A around here.

There last game versus Nederland was the best I have EVER seen the Broncos play.

A repeat performance will be amazing.

Does that mean PN-G should just throw in the towel...

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

This game is important because it will prepare both teams for the playoffs.

The better and faster both teams play the better it is for both teams.

The more people that are there will increase the "playoff" like environment.

This will be a game will be a treat to watch.

Hopefully this game goes down to the wire and both teams have to play 110% every down.

This will only make each team better.

This district should win all three first round games.

The key round is the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Looking at the brackets, the winner of the 2nd round stands an outstanding chance of getting out of this region and advancing to the quarterfinals.

The better both teams play, I believe it will only increase their chances of winning that 2nd game in the playoffs.

What a great game this will be!

Good post.

I would venture to say no coach or player is expecting PN-G to quit or laydown Friday night. They are fully aware of the type of opponent they have in PN-G. It is going to be a good game. This Friday night is what it is all about High School Football at its finest.

PN-G AT DAYTON

This will be a record setting crowd at Bronco Stadium. The city population of Dayton will double with the over 5,000 PN-G fans travelling across the Trinity to suport their team. Over 1,000 SRO people will witness a game between the top two teams from 22-4A. The Indians will experience sporadic success in running the ball on the districts best defense and avoid a shutout. Look for the Broncos to put 8 defenders in the box and hold the Indian ground game to less than 150 yards. The Bronco offense is now firing on all cylinders. The Indians will not be able to contain the speedy Bronco receivers. Gable will have more yards rushing than Hemmings while AJ Dugat will have more multipurpose yards than anyone. Dayton's QB, Greg Charles, has another great game while the Broncos take away the Indians tomahawks. The citizens of Dayton who do not go to this game will be missing out.

TOUPS GRAPHICS' FEARLESS PREDICTION

DAYTON 35 PN-G 10

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83