China Spring 45 Jasper 19/FINAL

WOSgrad

35 minutes ago, chefkland76 said:

Until Jasper get rid of that offensive coordinator and the head coach the two brothers Jasper will continue to lose! You go from going to the third round two getting beat in the second round now getting put out in the first round! You are declining as a coaching staff it is time for a change 

Well dang, you pulled no punches. It does feel like there has been a steady decline. No denying that. There appears to be no game plan [for any opponent], no in-game adjustments, no discipline, and no improvement as the season progresses on any level.

3 minutes ago, JB94 said:

Well dang, you pulled no punches. It does feel like there has been a steady decline. No denying that. There appears to be no game plan [for any opponent], no in-game adjustments, no discipline, and no improvement as the season progresses on any level.

I mean I'm not trying to be rude or anyting but you can clearly see it like you said there's just no adjustment at all so I don't know what to say

Moment of clarity... Silsbee didn’t get consistently better until they brought in Coach Smith, who I don’t believe anybody is comparing to Surratt.... the consistent athletic talent level in Silsbee camouflaged some subpar coaching for years, in my opinion. I think Jasper is possibly in the same spot. 

2 minutes ago, JB94 said:

We're in a tough spot. Who can we get to come to Jasper that will turn things up a few notches?

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

Moment of clarity... Silsbee didn’t get consistently better until they brought in Coach Smith, who I don’t believe anybody is comparing to Surratt.... the consistent athletic talent level in Silsbee camouflaged some subpar coaching for years, in my opinion. I think Jasper is possibly in the same spot. 

I agree with you. I like Barbay as a person and I think that he cares about the kids that he works with, but I don't think he'll get us where we want to go unless we have a couple of blue-chippers coming up in town somewhere that can advance the program. He's a decent coach, but not the great one that we need.

5 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

We're in a tough spot. Who can we get to come to Jasper that will turn things up a few notches?

There is a lot to love about living in a small town only 2 hours from a major city. The job pays well for the area. But like you said, finding the right person who will stay is the key. Lord I pray it will happen in our lifetime. Can we get one state championship since school integration within the next decade?

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I agree with you. I like Barbay as a person and I think that he cares about the kids that he works with, but I don't think he'll get us where we want to go unless we have a couple of blue-chippers coming up in town somewhere that can advance the program. He's a decent coach, but not the great one that we need.

Exactly... his stock rose in my opinion when he resumed the Silsbee game this year. Not a bad dude, not a bad coach... I just don’t think he’s a state champ level guy... that’s not an insult, just my perspective. 

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

Exactly... his stock rose in my opinion when he resumed the Silsbee game this year. Not a bad dude, not a bad coach... I just don’t think he’s a state champ level guy... that’s not an insult, just my perspective. 

It's gonna be hard to find a guy like that who's interested in that job. It would either need to be a coach on the rise from a smaller school that runs a different system or maybe a successful coach that has been out of the game that wants to get back into it.

Brian Barbay at cold spring was phenomenal around 08-2013 ... they’re a shell of what they use to be and they’re even in the smaller classification they were in what’s now 4A when he was their head coach in 2011 and he had coldspring in the state title game against Carthage and they played in the 5th round against Wimberly in 2012 after beating west Orange stark ... trust me coldspring was very well coach and their dad always had Newton well coached , it’s not the coaching. 

I think you have to find a small town HC on the way up to 4A, or a young coordinator from a larger, super successful bigger program. It just seems like the older coaches can’t do as well on the rebound to me. 

2 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

It's gonna be hard to find a guy like that who's interested in that job. It would either need to be a coach on the rise from a smaller school that runs a different system or maybe a successful coach that has been out of the game that wants to get back into it.

1 minute ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Brian Barbay at cold spring was phenomenal around 08-2013 ... they’re a shell of what they use to be and they’re even in the smaller classification they were in what’s now 4A when he was their head coach in 2011 and he had coldspring in the state title game against Carthage and they played in the 5th round against Wimberly in 2012 after beating west Orange stark ... trust me coldspring was very well coach and their dad always had Newton well coached , it’s not the coaching. 

And let me be clear , they would beat my liberty panthers and everyone else in that now 4A district 63-0 from 7th grade middle school B team all the way up to varsity . Every single year from 2008 to like 2012 at least around the time the realignment happened . That’s a program , that’s great coaching,  that doesn’t come from just talent especially when you see where cold springs is now .

6 hours ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Also , China spring lost to Waco Connaly the last week of the season just 2 short weeks ago and gave up like 50 points .... Waco connaly then lost to center the very next week .... jasper on the other hand , beat center like 40 something to 14 wasn’t even close .... I’ve got jasper by at least 2 TD’s in this one . 

Well, so much for that logic. lol

Good season Jasper. Wasn't expecting this. 

2 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Possibly... Coldspring was LOADED with talent in some of that stretch. I also have no idea who their coordinators and assistants were then, but I don’t think his staff transitioned to Jasper. 
I think most of us are just talking about the way that the Dawgs seem to show up unprepared a few times each season and how adjustments don’t seem to get made in-game. The idea of Jasper getting smoked down in the first round as a 2 seed is just kinda... weak. 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

Possibly... Coldspring was LOADED with talent in some of that stretch. I also have no idea who their coordinators and assistants were then, but I don’t think his staff transitioned to Jasper. 
I think most of us are just talking about the way that the Dawgs seem to show up unprepared a few times each season and how adjustments don’t seem to get made in-game. The idea of Jasper getting smoked down in the first round as a 2 seed is just kinda... weak. 

I agree they underperformed this year . And again this Brian Barbay that I’m speaking of who is not the head coach at jasper I understand that, but like I said coldspring would run the entire district in football from 7th grade B team to varsity from 08-2013 that’s over 6 seasons ... that’s multiple levels of football so it wasn’t just the talent which yes they had talent but I’m just speaking from my 6 years they had a program each and every year from 7th grade to 12th grade not only did they destroy us they destroyed everyone by 40+ and went 10-0 on all levels freshman JV varsity ... Cleveland for 2-3 years in that stretch was the only team even close .. and then they’d go on to play in the state title game , and in the 5th round in 2010-2012 , he was a great HC/athletic director in my opinion .

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Well, so much for that logic. lol

Good season Jasper. Wasn't expecting this. 

Neither was I. I’ve literally said common opponents score isn’t the only indicator of who will win, but it does help you get an idea more often then not on the high school level compared to let’s say the nfl for instance. I’ll admit when I’m wrong lol no problem with that, but I will say China spring played a good game and jasper did not compared to the way jasper has played at other times during the season, but tonight China spring was the better team 

• WOSgrad changed the title to China Spring 45 Jasper 19/FINAL