BC @ WOS

WOSdrummer99

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

BTW, I sure miss griff and Gasilla. Always respected you guys on here.

Checking in. More reading and less posting from me nowadays. Thanks to COVID-19, I've only seen WO-S in person at the the Vidor scrimmage, but thanks to texanlive and hudl I'm following closely. Last week's game against Liberty was sluggish, but much of that has to do with Liberty's style. It was the first time I didn't see improvement from the previous week's game (the bye week came at the right time). The INTs were discouraging, but overall Pop Terrell has increased his passing accuracy and decision making. Still a few too many dropped passes, but we have multiple receiving targets who have all looked good at times throughout the season. Two solid TBs gives us something even the 2016 team did not have. At offensive line, they've had to grow up fast (four new starters). So far, so good, but still room to grow. The defense has pounded every offense we've seen. #44 plays like a Tazmanian Devil - very tough to block. Our core of LBs are smooth. It's the strongest position on the D. Brown and Berry's experience is showing every Friday. Even so, it seems every game the defense has let their guard down for one big play by the opposing offense which has lead to points scored. They should have multiple shut-outs. That can't happen in the playoffs. One big play against a Jasper, Carthage, or any other good opponent could be the difference in the final score. With all of that said, I'm encouraged with everything I've seen and even the areas where we need upgrading are within our grasp to fix. They've played only six games and have shown me plenty to get excited about. And...oh, yeah...it helps to have an excellent kicker. This is the best WO-S team since 2016. Let's see how they finish.   

24 minutes ago, griff said:

Checking in. More reading and less posting from me nowadays. Thanks to COVID-19, I've only seen WO-S in person at the the Vidor scrimmage, but thanks to texanlive and hudl I'm following closely. Last week's game against Liberty was sluggish, but much of that has to do with Liberty's style. It was the first time I didn't see improvement from the previous week's game (the bye week came at the right time). The INTs were discouraging, but overall Pop Terrell has increased his passing accuracy and decision making. Still a few too many dropped passes, but we have multiple receiving targets who have all looked good at times throughout the season. Two solid TBs gives us something even the 2016 team did not have. At offensive line, they've had to grow up fast (four new starters). So far, so good, but still room to grow. The defense has pounded every offense we've seen. #44 plays like a Tazmanian Devil - very tough to block. Our core of LBs are smooth. It's the strongest position on the D. Brown and Berry's experience is showing every Friday. Even so, it seems every game the defense has let their guard down for one big play by the opposing offense which has lead to points scored. They should have multiple shut-outs. That can't happen in the playoffs. One big play against a Jasper, Carthage, or any other good opponent could be the difference in the final score. With all of that said, I'm encouraged with everything I've seen and even the areas where we need upgrading are within our grasp to fix. They've played only six games and have shown me plenty to get excited about. And...oh, yeah...it helps to have an excellent kicker. This is the best WO-S team since 2016. Let's see how they finish.   

Heck man you're like them guys pregame Sundays. Good read, thanks. I also agree.

My expectations for the team/season had us finishing 3rd behind WOS and Silsbee. 

To miss the playoffs in this format after dropping down a division is just not acceptable. 

To most schools/towns, anyways. I look for nothing to change at BC.  It’s embarrassing. In a perfect world, the Super would be out, too. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

My expectations for the team/season had us finishing 3rd behind WOS and Silsbee. 

To miss the playoffs in this format after dropping down a division is just not acceptable. 

To most schools/towns, anyways. I look for nothing to change at BC.  It’s embarrassing. In a perfect world, the Super would be out, too. 

Before you dropped down you had the problems as now.When you dropped down you were the man to beat.Then the teams you had problems with dropped down....same song and dance.lol

44 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Before you dropped down you had the problems as now.When you dropped down you were the man to beat.Then the teams you had problems with dropped down....same song and dance.lol

You've got us mistaken. 

When they split out D1 And D2 we were competitive in D1 initially.  (2015 & 2016).  When Silsbee dropped down (2018) to D2 suddenly WOS couldn't get out of Region anymore.  We were still stinking it up in D1.  Our drop to D2 should have been a smashing success, as we're one of the biggest schools in D2.  If you take into account that there ARE two powerhouses (WOS and Silsbee) down there, you'd have to demand that we finish no worse than third in District, and hopefully be at least competitive with WOS and/or Silsbee.  You know, at least make it interesting.   We got shut out by OF.  Orangefield.  Our rival, who we have been talking garbage about for years.  

We're too big, and with too many athletes in the halls, to be getting beat like this.

Can anybody name a school other than BC with a State Championship history that sucks as bad as we do right now?

It's a complete failure of leadership from Administration on down.

23 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Can anybody name a school other than BC with a State Championship history that sucks as bad as we do right now?

I’m not disagreeing with a single word, but easy on the State Championship history. More of an instance in the archives, wouldn’t you say? 😎

And no, Lumberton has never gotten close. 

45 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You've got us mistaken. 

When they split out D1 And D2 we were competitive in D1 initially.  (2015 & 2016).  When Silsbee dropped down (2018) to D2 suddenly WOS couldn't get out of Region anymore.  We were still stinking it up in D1.  Our drop to D2 should have been a smashing success, as we're one of the biggest schools in D2.  If you take into account that there ARE two powerhouses (WOS and Silsbee) down there, you'd have to demand that we finish no worse than third in District, and hopefully be at least competitive with WOS and/or Silsbee.  You know, at least make it interesting.   We got shut out by OF.  Orangefield.  Our rival, who we have been talking garbage about for years.  

We're too big, and with too many athletes in the halls, to be getting beat like this.

It's a complete failure of leadership from Administration on down.

Oh I'm talking about before there were split classifications( D1/D2 ).Y'all handled everyone in your district pretty eazy.

5 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Oh I'm talking about before there were split classifications( D1/D2 ).Y'all handled everyone in your district pretty eazy.

I wouldn't say that.  

But we should be competitive year in and year out.  We have enough athletes to rack up 27 or however many DCs in baseball, but can't even make the playoffs as one of the biggest schools in our classification.  It's pathetic.

We've had three years in this new program and our odds have only improved thanks to realignment.  And we're doing worse than ever.  

4 minutes ago, sportsfreak2008 said:

I agree with cardinal backer. BC has to many athletes to be this bad. There definitely needs to be a change in HC in order for things to improve. 

New HC wouldn’t fix it until athletes buy in to what he’s doing...there’s been a lot of coaches there and it’s been the same result!I personally thought Dubois was the guy.