Silsbee Firefighter flies Trump Flag

BADSANTA

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah.... I'm gonna guess that 99.9% of those who don't have a problem with the Trump flag would be losing their minds over a Biden/BLM flag.

Kinda like those "pro prayer" people from Kountze who wouldn't be so gung-ho about religious freedom if it involved everybody kneeling towards mecca before the games. 

Personally, I don’t have a problem with a Trump flag, per se’. Probably shouldn’t be flying from a city-owned fire truck though. But what about the fire trucks toting Santa around while he chunks candy to the kids during the holidays celebrating a Christian holiday? I kinda like it. I wouldn’t want that same truck toting around islamist extremists chunking ied’s at passers by during Ramadan though...lol. To each his own...

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Personally, I don’t have a problem with a Trump flag, per se’. Probably shouldn’t be flying from a city-owned fire truck though. But what about the fire trucks toting Santa around while he chunks candy to the kids during the holidays celebrating a Christian holiday? I kinda like it. I wouldn’t want that same truck toting around islamist extremists chunking ied’s at passers by during Ramadan though...lol. To each his own...

The problem isn’t the flag, it’s the fact that a publicly funded enterprise was flying it in a partisan manner. 
Nobody would care if that fireman had joined the parade in his own vehicle with the same flag. 

It reminds me of the time one of our coworkers was running his company truck through the bikini car wash at the nipple ranch when the news crews showed up. 

Sometimes you just need to keep your bidness to yourself. 

I would think, due to the political atmosphere, most would know this wasn’t a great idea.   Now rules are in place.  No harm no foul.  

Saw a sticker on the back of a pickup yesterday.  Something like, I love the old USA.   Sure do miss it.   Between PC & Hate, one has to be so careful what we say or do now.   I miss it too.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I would think, due to the political atmosphere, most would know this wasn’t a great idea.   Now rules are in place.  No harm no foul.  

Saw a sticker on the back of a pickup yesterday.  Something like, I love the old USA.   Sure do miss it.   Between PC & Hate, one has to be so careful what we say or do now.   I miss it too.

It’s not all bad... I’ve stopped saying things that I shouldn’t have been saying in the first place. An honestly, there have been some good points made along the way by the lefties. They’re few and far between, but they exist. 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s not all bad... I’ve stopped saying things that I shouldn’t have been saying in the first place. An honestly, there have been some good points made along the way by the lefties. They’re few and far between, but they exist. 

Sure, a few valid points.   Problem for us older folks, habits of 60 to 70 years are not easy to break.   A young lady waiting on me,  I might say, Thank you babe”, in a totally innocent, polite, context.  Today, I could be accused of being a sexist or some “fill in the blank” phobe.   S-cks enough being old.  

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Sure, a few valid points.   Problem for us older folks, habits of 60 to 70 years are not easy to break.   A young lady waiting on me,  I might say, Thank you babe”, in a totally innocent, polite, context.  Today, I could be accused of being a sexist or some “fill in the blank” phobe.   S-cks enough being old.  

Yeah... my poor old grandpaw was at a rehab unit recovering from shoulder surgery about ten years ago and the nurse (who was black) was moving him around and it hurt him. Now, I don’t know what he meant, but I know what he said... “Owwwww!!!! I ought to whip you!” 
It was horrible. Dude was born in 1925. He’d seen it all and that was no where near the most offensive thing that I eve me heard him say. So yes, we are making progress. 

22 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Meeting was held last night. Everything is cool.

From this point on no fire truck or city vehicle will be in any political parades except for traffic control.

The fireman did resign but was asked to come back and accepted.

I dont think the man should have lost his job honestly. It could have been a time to educate. 

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah.... I'm gonna guess that 99.9% of those who don't have a problem with the Trump flag would be losing their minds over a Biden/BLM flag.

Kinda like those "pro prayer" people from Kountze who wouldn't be so gung-ho about religious freedom if it involved everybody kneeling towards mecca before the games. 

No flag should be on that truck. Democrats or Republicans! 

18 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah... my poor old grandpaw was at a rehab unit recovering from shoulder surgery about ten years ago and the nurse (who was black) was moving him around and it hurt him. Now, I don’t know what he meant, but I know what he said... “Owwwww!!!! I ought to whip you!” 
It was horrible. Dude was born in 1925. He’d seen it all and that was no where near the most offensive thing that I eve me heard him say. So yes, we are making progress. 

Yep, no doubt he’d said the same thing if J.J. Watt had been turning him over. 😄