Jasper 35 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Well, the score was closer than you thought! (Glass 1/2 full comment...)

Well I was thinking the #4 team in the state would least get in 50’s maybe 60’s. You know your in jasper got to beat your chest some. But hey we are LCM we are slow and little we can’t play good football.  Luckly my kids don’t go to LCM

1 minute ago, LC-M said:

Well I was thinking the #4 team in the state would least get in 50’s maybe 60’s. You know your in jasper got to beat your chest some. But hey we are LCM we are slow and little we can’t play good football.  Luckly my kids don’t go to LCM

We played a little too conservative for my taste, but I'm satisfied because the defense held up all night and got the shutout. We needed to see that more than a huge night from the offense. 

Just now, Bulldogs92 said:

We played a little too conservative for my taste, but I'm satisfied because the defense held up all night and got the shutout. We needed to see that more than a huge night from the offense. 

If the Qb and receivers would get on page at Lcm we would be better. I think we have talent just something is missing. 

Just now, LC-M said:

Yes sir mid 90’s 94 season we went 10-0 and went into the playoffs. Also had jeff matthews and Coach Johnson from Newton in the 90’s we played better ball then 

Ahh. That was during the 10-year dark period after I left the area that I couldn't find a way to follow anything down there. I was in college in Denver at that time.

Just now, Bulldogs92 said:

Ahh. That was during the 10-year dark period after I left the area that I couldn't find a way to follow anything down there. I was in college in Denver at that time.

Yes sir LCM was better in that period started dropping off in the late 90’s.  Surratt was also our varsity baseball coach he left in 1995 and we went to the state championship in baseball in 1996. If he would have hung around a little longer he might have gotten another ring 

1 minute ago, LC-M said:

If the Qb and receivers would get on page at Lcm we would be better. I think we have talent just something is missing. 

I agree. The kids played hard and they do have the talent to beat some teams. I have high expectations for us year in and year out just because we're always so athletic. I think that was the difference tonight as it is a lot for us. 

5 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I agree. The kids played hard and they do have the talent to beat some teams. I have high expectations for us year in and year out just because we're always so athletic. I think that was the difference tonight as it is a lot for us. 

Y’all had good speed and size. I just think we could play better at the end of the day. I hope y’all get pass Carthage it’s gonna be a task for sure. 

2 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Y’all had good speed and size. I just think we could play better at the end of the day. I hope y’all get pass Carthage it’s gonna be a task for sure. 

We've always had problems with Carthage. We go to Rusk next week and have the Bulldogs at home on the 16th. 

We have to get a lot better before that game. 

9 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

We've always had problems with Carthage. We go to Rusk next week and have the Bulldogs at home on the 16th. 

We have to get a lot better before that game. 

Yeah, I just watched them play against Pleasant Grove. Only positive for Jasper is it won’t be a long sad bus ride home...Carthage is freakin solid. 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, I just watched them play against Pleasant Grove. Only positive for Jasper is it won’t be a long sad bus ride home...Carthage is freakin solid. 

I don't know that we're good enough right now to beat PG, let alone Carthage. That's not meant to slight anyone that we've played. We haven't played a solid 4 quarters yet and we need to be perfect to beat a team like that. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Please tell me u saw what I saw !! I've seen them play.and they rotate that dline like its nothing. Deep. 

1 minute ago, dj said:

Please tell me u saw what I saw !! I've seen them play.and they rotate that dline like its nothing. Deep. 

That’s right. Deep like John Holmes. When Lumberton played them in the playoffs last year, I was in awe. My son was out there getting his butt whipped by a 6’ 8” 336 O lineman, and all I could think about was how impressed I was with their whole system. Awesome to watch a team that does it the right way. 

39 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Yes sir LCM was better in that period started dropping off in the late 90’s.  Surratt was also our varsity baseball coach he left in 1995 and we went to the state championship in baseball in 1996. If he would have hung around a little longer he might have gotten another ring 

Steve Griffith was the man for the job in baseball. Bears did alright with him at the helm.

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

I am willing to bet that most don't know that Surratt INDEED had a state championship ring before he came to Carthage.  

He was offensive coordinator for Coach Barry Norton at Texas High School in Texarkana when they won it all in 2002.

I knew. He eventually brought toby foreman on board after that.