Here it is Folks! Proof it made no sense to lockdown!

Realville

11 hours ago, Realville said:

Fact is.... this Country’s business owners got SCREWED!! Say what you will but that’s a fact! This virus has been nothing but a political tool to manipulate people. If you can’t see that I can’t help you.  Just stay in your house with your mask on forever.

This is the hidden content, please

Once it hits close to home and I pray it doesn’t your views and many others may change. Count you blessings you are not in that .1 percent. 

22 minutes ago, Law Man said:

This is the hidden content, please

Once it hits close to home and I pray it doesn’t your views and many others may change. Count you blessings you are not in that .1 percent. 

I count my blessings daily for me and my family that we are not in the percent of any death weather it be cancer, flu, pneumonia, car accident, lightning strikes, etc. And know my views want change. My family and I don’t live our life in fear. When it’s your time to go it’s your time to go. If you fall in the vulnerable category ( 65 or older) then take precautions. By the way I’ve lost both of my parents to cancer. Do know how many people that needed cancer treatment didn’t get it these past 6 months because they were scared to go in for their treatment due to the media scaring the hell out of people with no basis to do so. 

9 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Flu mortality rate is .1%. Covid mortality rate is 1.5%. That makes Covid near 15 times more deadly than flu. I think that warrants extra precaution. Should we have went about it differently? IDK 

Don’t you find it odd that the news hasn’t reported any accurate numbers from China where the virus originated to help us understand the virus? Maybe it’s because they’re a Communist Regime an can’t be trusted.

22 minutes ago, Realville said:

I count my blessings daily for me and my family that we are not in the percent of any death weather it be cancer, flu, pneumonia, car accident, lightning strikes, etc. And know my views want change. My family and I don’t live our life in fear. When it’s your time to go it’s your time to go. If you fall in the vulnerable category ( 65 or older) then take precautions. By the way I’ve lost both of my parents to cancer. Do know how many people that needed cancer treatment didn’t get it these past 6 months because they were scared to go in for their treatment due to the media scaring the hell out of people with no basis to do so. 

Brother,  I’m glad you have Your  house in order and you all have had the opportunity to know and understand God’s will and  purpose. I do live in fear. However it’s not in man. I have cancer and no, the media has not stopped me from getting treatment. I have cancer of the urethra and I had a tumor removed on April 23,2020 and a urethrostomy surgery on April 30.  You paint with a wide brush and I do respect your opinions. 
The vulnerable category is not (65 or older) I enjoy the fact that we can agree to disagree.

Now I love numbers, could've been a math teacher, but it doesn't pay as well. Once again, my love of numbers. So hopefully this can show the real percentages.

Notice that US has a higher rate of infection than the rest of the world. But a slightly better chance of survival. And the same with the state of Texas compared to the rest of US.

World population  7,810,883,000=100%
World infections         27,891,000=    0.35%
World deaths                    904,000=    0.01%

World Death per infection                   3.24%

If a human catches the virus, they have 96.76% chance of survival.

US population  331,387,000=100%
US infections        6,363,000=    1.92%
US deaths                 191,000=    0.06%

US death per infection                3.00%

If an American catches the virus, they have 97% chance of survival.

Texas population  29,472,300=100%
Texas infections         667,500=    2.26%
Texas deaths                 13,900=    0.05%

Texas death per infection              2.08%

If a Texan catches the virus, they have 97.92% chance of survival.

Orange County population  83,572=100%
Orange County infections      1,767=    2.11%
Orange County deaths                 38=    0.05%

Orange County death per infection      2.15%

If an Orange County resident catches the virus, they have 97.85% chance of survival.

16 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Now I love numbers, could've been a math teacher, but it doesn't pay as well. Once again, my love of numbers. So hopefully this can show the real percentages.

Notice that US has a higher rate of infection than the rest of the world. But a slightly better chance of survival. And the same with the state of Texas compared to the rest of US.

If an Orange County resident catches the virus, they have 97.85% chance of survival.

I like it. Good work.

But more important to me is the death to population numbers. That speaks volumes. But let’s be honest, you have to go deeper with the demographics statistics. If I’m not over 55, no real underlying conditions, US citizen living in Southeast Texas...now tell me what my chances are. I got about the same chances of dying from sickle cell anemia or ovarian cancer. It just isn’t in the numbers. If I was 65 or had a respiratory malady, weighed 500 lbs (no comments please) or was extremely diabetic then I would have to shelter myself. Look. Diabetics have to take insulin, lower sugar from their diet, exercise and monitor their blood sugar. If they don’t, their condition can get worse. But that doesn’t mean the whole world has to do that! I know, diabetes is not necessarily infectious (although it is passed through heredity and/or family lifestyle), but the point I’m making is that we have to be responsible for ourselves. I haven’t heard anyone contemplating closing down McDonalds because the food is unhealthy. We are given a choice to eat it or not. If you’re sick, fat, have respiratory issues, lock YOURSELF down and wear a mask if you go outside. Otherwise, live your life. 

18 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What about all the people who had it with mild symptoms an kept living their daily lives that didn’t get lumped in with the total number of cases? That would affect the numbers drastically. Everyone has their on opinions an I’ve presented mine. Numbers can be manipulated. Hope everyone has an Awesome China Virus Free Day!

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Great work and ty for taking the time to present it.

i actually believe the percentages for death per infection are less and the survival rate percentage is higher and that is based on As @Realville mentioned as well as the  many people that had this in nov and dec of 2019. 

6 hours ago, Realville said:

The flu couldn’t be politicized, it’s been around too long not to mention it already has a pretty much useless yearly vaccine. Funny how the New  China Virus was released on the U.S. conveniently in a election a year. Show me how you came up with your fake 1.5 percent and the source you got your numbers from  because your WRONG! I guess the Montgomery County Judge is wrong in the video I posted saying he couldn’t understand how why we closed down the economy on a 1 percent virus. 1 percent being if you round up the percentage.

My numbers were wrong because I just guessed. I took a look at the actual numbers in Texas today and the mortality rate in Texas is actually 2%. Higher than that world wide. My apologies 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

What’s your point? Why is the flu set as the standard?

Because realville and other posters and people who like to downplay the virus like to compare it to flu. It’s not instant death or anything like that but it’s much more serious than the flu and precautions need to be taken by everyone to slow the spread as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

My numbers were wrong because I just guessed. I took a look at the actual numbers in Texas today and the mortality rate in Texas is actually 2%. Higher than that world wide. My apologies 

Even if you don’t use the population equation you still do not have the common denominator to use the cases equation. You do not know how many people had it with mild symptoms an kept on living their daily lives with out it being reported, an believe me their are many. The deaths versus population gives you a more accurate number because we do know the population number and the so called deaths number. My apologies for your ignorance.

3 minutes ago, Realville said:

Even if you don’t use the population equation you still do not have the common denominator to use the cases equation. You do not know how many people had it with mild symptoms an kept on living their daily lives with out it being reported, an believe me their are many. The deaths versus population gives you a more accurate number because we do know the population number and the so called deaths number. My apologies for your ignorance.

God bless you 

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Quit looking at mortality rate. Look at deaths vs complete population. 

Just a suggestion. Refer to the survival rate, and not death. It's a small change that psychologically can steer society away from the fear that has been driven down our throats since the beginning of the pandemic.