*POST YOUR SCRIMMAGES SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE*

Guest Indian Chief

Yes a good showing for both teams, but Jasper could of easily had 2 more scores on fumble returns that were blown dead after they took off with the ball.  Also the PNG QB has a really nice arm and is accurate.

I agree!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the scrimmage and PNG didn't look good at all. Man we have some small guys! I didn't see any blazing speed that's for sure. Hopefully they get thier act together before the season begins. #9 on defense was an animal for as small as he is. I will keep the hope alive, and still believe that we will have a good season. By the way, it looked like Jasper had just as many football players as we did. I was impressed with the QB Tatum and the entire OL.

Silsbee won that 3-2 over Nederland. There was only one live quarter and it was 7-7. Silsbee Mikel Willis was tremedous, he had two interception and three great hits. Brandon Watts was playing CB tonight and had some sweet swept from alots of players. The MVP of the game in my opinion was Jeremy Johnson, A young player but he was handling his business threw a fourty yard touchdown. I believe it was 40 yards it was long though. Josh James came in the game with some great hits also and ran for a long (60) yard touchdown. so did Chris Castle. Ryan Hargrove caught a touchdown pass too. Lattaron Barnes LB came in and had I believe two great hits. Silsbee linemen both offense and defense dominated. The offense linemen made it easier for the RB and QB to run through or around. The defensive line was really blitzing on Nederland QB alot tonight. Brooks Allen had a good game but the defensive back was always on him every play so he couldn't catch no balls. Chris Roundtree plays secondary QB and had alot of good runs too. so Silsbee had a good game today.

Guest EagleFan01

ALLABOUTSTATE4BC09 WHEN DID WOS WALK ON US????? WE HAVEN'T PLAYED WOS SINCE LIKE 03 OR 04 THE LAST TWO TIMES WE WERE TO PLAY THERE WAS A HURRICANE AND A TROPICAL STORM... YEAH THEY HAVE BEAT US BUT THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT THEY DO NOT WALK ON US.

There were a few in the 80s that were bad (24-0, 47-9), but most of the more recent games have been really good games. However, the last three were shutouts (through the 99 season), and the last four times we played (96-99), we outscored the Eagles a combined 70-6, most of that coming in a 30-0 game in 97. That said, Newton is always a great game for us, because they never lay down or worry how much bigger your school is than theirs. They're probably either my favorite or second favorite (next to Jasper) team besides WO-S.

The ned-silsbee score was 2-2.  Silsbee's lond TD pass was called back for holding.

Silsbee scored 1 TD with the 1st team in the controlled part on a long run.  The other was also in the controlled part but by the second team.  Nederland scored 1 TD with the 1st team in the controlled part and another one by the 1st team in the simulated quarter.  Nederland pretty much shut down Silsbee's 1st team offense after the 1st set of controlled plays.

Silsbee and Nederland tied 2-2

The Tigers ran multiple offensive sets which impressed me. Ran some veer, some spread and some pro set. The sophmore qb for Silsbee really has some potential to be a great one. Great speed, size and very good arm. He ran past Dravannti on several occasions. The Tigers have some quick hard running backs like they always have, but the addition of a good throwing qb with speed will be very interesting to watch. Silsbee still has great size and experience on the o-line but the backfield and recivers are young, which means they look great on some plays and bad on others till they get more seasoned. The qb and a rb are sophmores and the other rb is a junior. Still got some learning to do. The recieving core is okay, got a couple of burners, but they will be better when Donovan Harris returns.

All in all, the offense looked good to be so young and with running different sets.

The Tiger defense looked okay, made some good plays but also looked bad at times. Nederland ran a lot of screens in the new spread offense that Silsbee had a hard time defending. The Tigers did come up with 3 interceptions though with one of those for sure returned for a td if it were a real game. Nederland definetly had the size advantage on our defense. The Tigers are small on defense but have good speed.

I think both teams came away from this scrimmage with some positives. No team dominated the other in this scrimmage. Very evenly played. I will say this, if they would have played a 4 quarter live game tonight, Nederland probably comes away with the victory, but in a close one.

Aggiesarewe I second your post. Thats what I saw also. I came away feeling better about our team. For a first scrimmage, and with our young players. Not that many flags on the ground ether, for both teams. Good scrimmage. Go Tigers!!!

Thoughts on Ned/Silsbee scrimmage:

Ned Defense:  I got there a little late, but it looks as though it will be much improved over last year.  It is early though.  However, they were constantly in the backfield putting pressure on the QB causing him to scramble.  The secondary made some nice plays on the ball.  Overall, not bad for the first scrimmage.

Ned Offense:  Some good and bad.  I saw a lot of throws underneath with good YAC and some nice deep throws.  The QB has a good arm and the TB is quick, however, INTs are a concern.  With that being said, I like the fact that the QB is taking some chances.

Overall,  a nice first scrimmage to build on.

BTY, Silsbee has a nice, young QB that's very hard to contain.  I can see him giving teams fits this year.

Ned/Silsbee scrimmage went well for both sides. On defense, Grogan #2 and Stewart #73 played extremely well on D-Line. Guti #38 looked strong at MLB. Stanley #1 and Krautz #22 looked comfortable at DB. I was expecting much more from DJ #44. He was put in check a few times. On offense, Huber #54 and Benefield #50 looked the best on O-line. Cardenas #21 and Broussard #9 made some quality plays at WR.

Silsbee QB played solid tonight. He runs and throws the ball very well.

Guest 87CRU79

First off, Silsbee's QB #7 was very impressive. The young man was very elusive in the pocket, and was able to keep his composure while being pursued by the rush. Also, both of there RB's ran very hard. Hat's off to them, and good luck this season.

Nederland Offense:

Sampere was poised in the pocket and was able to connect with Cardenas and Broussard (TD Catch) on multiple occasions. Bass had a few productive runs, but was most effective when catching passes out of the backfield. Overall, the O-Line performed decent a best due to the many misdirected snaps. Hopefully that will be fixed in practice.

My Grade: B+ (Way to move the ball, but the timing was off a little bit and need to work on snaps. Practice will help smooth things out.)

Nederland Defense:

OK, What was all this hype about #44 Dravannti Johnson. Silsbee's QB had DJ searching for his jockstrap on more than one occasion. But I will tell you who was a force on defense, and those TWO were #2 Wareall Grogan and #73 Jeremy Stewart. Those two were in the backfield on every pass play, while DJ was playing pattycake with Silsbee's O-Line. I seriously hope that DJ was holding back due to this being a scrimmage, and not because he doesn't want to get hurt. Due to the pass rush, Nederland's Dbs were provided support in coverage.

My grade: B- (Due to the lack of participation of DJ. It was as though he wasn't even there.)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86