*POST YOUR SCRIMMAGES SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE*

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the PN-G/Jasper game. They were just about to go live for a quarter.

Here's the breakdown when I was there.

1st Team Jasper TD

1st Team PN-G no score

2nd Team Jasper TD

2nd Team PN-G no score

1st Team Jasper no score

1st Team PN-G TD

Jasper looked good running the ball on their first couple of posessions. PN-G is throwing the ball A LOT. The first posessions were mainly sideline routs that weren't too effective but the second time the first team was in they stretched the field and scored on a passing td. PN-G actually should have had another scoring chance on their second portion off 1st team offense but the official made a mistake. The PN-G receiver caught a deep ball but was ruled out of bounds, which was wrong. He got one foot in and the official said "you only got one foot in." It was an honest mistake made by a young official but hey that's what scrimmages are for. After the play he admited he screwed up.

I was watching the Nederland- Silsbee scrimmage's.

As for the Varsity teams, here is my opinion.  Love them or hate them.

Nederland Defense:   That Johnson fella has earned a nickname as far as I am concerned.  The Nederland faithful should call this guy "The Cleaner" because he was definitely cleaning up for the rest of the team.  The guy flattened a couple of Silsbee athletes who had beaten a couple of tacklers and thought they were home free. He played some offense, but did not touch the ball.  They used him as a downfield blocker and this could give the team fits later if opposing teams figure out how to exploit a big hitter like that.  There was another but I do not know his name but he was #2.  Definitely a playmaker too.

The veer has its faults, but the one thing you can not do is have poor tackling and there was way too much of that going on for the 'Dogs.

Nederland Offense:   The spread is definitely hard to defend and Silsbee will have to make some small adjustments to keep teams from blowing the game open.  The Qb #15 for Nederland is a "hoss".  Tough runner with a lot of heart so far.  Took some big hits and shed them for a touchdown early.  Other than that series though, the offense needs some work because though they caught a lot of passes for short gains, two series' were ended with interceptions underneath.   They seem to have another healthy Rb in #11, Not game breaker speed but seems to have good downfield vision and uses his blockers well.  

Good luck Nederland.

Will post my opinions of Silsbee later as to keep it short.   8)

I was watching the Nederland- Silsbee scrimmage's.

As for the Varsity teams, here is my opinion.  Love them or hate them.

Nederland Defense:   That Johnson fella has earned a nickname as far as I am concerned.  The Nederland faithful should call this guy "The Cleaner" because he was definitely cleaning up for the rest of the team.  The guy flattened a couple of Silsbee athletes who had beaten a couple of tacklers and thought they were home free. He played some offense, but did not touch the ball.  They used him as a downfield blocker and this could give the team fits later if opposing teams figure out how to exploit a big hitter like that.  There was another but I do not know his name but he was #2.  Definitely a playmaker too.

The veer has its faults, but the one thing you can not do is have poor tackling and there was way too much of that going on for the 'Dogs.

Nederland Offense:   The spread is definitely hard to defend and Silsbee will have to make some small adjustments to keep teams from blowing the game open.  The Qb #15 for Nederland is a "hoss".  Tough runner with a lot of heart so far.  Took some big hits and shed them for a touchdown early.  Other than that series though, the offense needs some work because though they caught a lot of passes for short gains, two series' were ended with interceptions underneath.   They seem to have another healthy Rb in #11, Not game breaker speed but seems to have good downfield vision and uses his blockers well.  

Good luck Nederland.

Will post my opinions of Silsbee later as to keep it short.   8)

92, nice write up.

2-1 Silsbee i believe. Message i got he wasn't 100% sure.

Sorry guys,  had to leave a little early. 

:-\

IF they played a live quarter I was not there, but it looked like the controlled scrimmage consisted of two offensive possessions (20 Plays), then a switch to defense for the same.  This was done consectively.  I left after the 2 offensive session of Nederland ended with an INT.

The JV did not run a live quarter so hopefully I didn't miss the Varsity run one.

2-1 Jasper over PN-G final.

Yes a good showing for both teams, but Jasper could of easily had 2 more scores on fumble returns that were blown dead after they took off with the ball.  Also the PNG QB has a really nice arm and is accurate.

Guest Indian Chief

Yes a good showing for both teams, but Jasper could of easily had 2 more scores on fumble returns that were blown dead after they took off with the ball.  Also the PNG QB has a really nice arm and is accurate.

You can see Brooks is back at Jasper that's for sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami