Most Overated 22-4a

Who is the most Overated team in 22-4a?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most Overated team in 22-4a?

• Dayton
    • Central
    • Nederland
    • LC-M
    • PN-G
    • Ozen
    • Lumberton
    • Vidor

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 87CRU79

I like how Nederland is voted most overrated when they make the playoffs every year. How is LCM not considered overrated when they are being hyped as the team to beat this year.

This poll was made to make fun of Nederland!!!

The vidor,lumberton and lcm people can vote for Ned all they want, it doesn't change the facts:

Ned playoff appearences: 29

lcm,vidor and lum combined: 8

This is the reason I did not vote....

Can't be overrated before the season in my opinion.  Need some data to back up the accusation. 

The vidor,lumberton and lcm people can vote for Ned all they want, it doesn't change the facts:

Ned playoff appearences: 29

lcm,vidor and lum combined: 8

I like how Nederland is voted most overrated when they make the playoffs every year. How is LCM not considered overrated when they are being hyped as the team to beat this year.

It's your comments like the ones above that get you the overating on this poll.

I dont' think that any team is over rated.  Everybody knows where each  team stands.  And I'm sure that when district rolls around, that none of the top ranked teams will never take the other teams lightly.

Thanks for this.  You are right.  Can't take Vidor lightly, you never know if we are going to have a good night.  Matthews loves the fact we are last in the polls.  It makes a great challenge for him and he is a great motivator for the kids.  He will pull some upsets this year. (And no, I am not talking just about Nederland.)

I would like to see the post stating we are the team to beat.  Every post I have read states we will be in contention for the 3rd spot (behind Dayton and Central).  And I agree.

It's your comments like the ones above that get you the overating on this poll.

Thanks for this.  You are right.  Can't take Vidor lightly, you never know if we are going to have a good night.  Matthews loves the fact we are last in the polls.  It makes a great challenge for him and he is a great motivator for the kids.  He will pull some upsets this year. (And no, I am not talking just about Nederland.)

I make those comments because people continue to attack my team. Do you think I should just sit here and let that happen without responding?

The tendancy is for the schools that seem to get the most talk usually get tabbed overrated.  At this point most of the posters from the 4A district seem to be from or at least discuss Nederland much like most of the talk in the 3A district revolves around Kirbyville.

I think that Ozen is the most overrated this year. While nobody is picking them to win the district, many are picking them to compete for a playoff spot. I just dont see it. They were awful last year and lost a few key players including UT recruit Ben Wells. They will win 3 district games at the most, (Vidor, Lumberton and PNG).

Nederland is not overated-especially by their own fans. They are always in the mix and have a great tradition of winning.

Lumberton is always overated by some of their fans--talking crap then finishing at or near the bottom.

I think that Ozen is the most overrated this year. While nobody is picking them to win the district, many are picking them to compete for a playoff spot. I just dont see it. They were awful last year and lost a few key players including UT recruit Ben Wells. They will win 3 district games at the most, (Vidor, Lumberton and PNG).

Ozen will compete, mock my word.  New coach, new attitude.  I head this same thing after our 1-9 season and the next year we won district.  Just remember, Ozen always has the horses to compete.

Ozen will compete, mock my word.  New coach, new attitude.  I head this same thing after our 1-9 season and the next year we won district.  Just remember, Ozen always has the horses to compete.

Interesting quote, "Ozen always has the horses to compete"?  The real question is do they have the jockey needed to control the horses?  8)

Well, I think my Dogs are probably a little underrated this season. I look for them to be quite a bit better than last season although most do not agree. Lots of question marks though. I will agree that we have several fans that do overhype us each and every year. I am excited about this season and seeing some changes. I think the defense will be MUCH improved and that the offense will progress all season long. Looking forward to the first scrimmage. Silsbee will be a very good test with their speed. I am going to use Lumberton as the most overrated team and that is due to the hype that we heard last year and are already hearing this year. I think they will be improved and should have a very good offense, but most of the defense that allowed over 400 yards rushing in the final game last season is back. Their games will probably all be shootouts. But, I do not see the playoffs for them. The third place spot will be battled for by nearly everyone in the district. Should be lots of fun.

I make those comments because people continue to attack my team. Do you think I should just sit here and let that happen without responding?

I can understand - but aren't you the guy who used to go off on WO-S posters for our "history lessons?"

As a WO-S fan, I'm not at all "jealous" of Nederland, but I did vote for them - and here's why: I think a lot of people locally - mostly Nederland folks - consider them to be an "elite" team or up there with the best in the state. While I do acknowledge the accomplishment of making the playoffs 11 years straight, I think to be an "elite" team, you should more often than not - or at least HALF of the time, be the best team in your district - regardless what district you're in. At best, since 65, they've shared two district titles.

With all due respect - and the program does deserve respect - I can't consider a team a "great" team if they are always second fiddle to someone else. "Great" teams usually sweep their districts. Several of Nederland's consecutive appearances have been third place tiebreakers. Over that 11-year span, they've lost almost 30 percent of their games (as compared to 18 percent by WO-S, 19 percent by Newton, 32 percent by PN-G,

Now, Nederland is obviously a formidable team, but if we're talking about being "overrated," I'd pick them because I think the term fits. Dayton's record over the last 11 years has been almost identical - 11 straight playoffs and losing about 31 percent of their games - but people rolled their eyes at the start of last season at the suggestion that they would contend for a playoff spot.

Is Ned a "Really consistently strong program?" Yes.

"Great program?" Not yet.

I think LC-M and Lumberton are getting about the amount of credit they deserve. I don't hear anyone hyping them in an over-the-top way.

I don't hear that from Ned fans this year either, but I think folks in mid-Jeff County think of them as a "great program."

I think they are one of the better teams in the area quite often, but never the best, which is how I think some perceive them.

So, from an overall "overrated" perspective, they would have to be my vote.

LC-M has made the playoffs five times, including a run to the quarterfinals less than 10 years ago in 1997. They went 11-1 in 94. They had a very good but very brief run there in the mid-90s. They were fairly strong last year, with their only out-of-reach losses coming from WO-S, Central and Dayton. They even beat down a few teams in surprises (42-0 over PN-G, 33-0 over Ozen). They should be fairly good this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83