BH vs Crosby

BHFAN

If Crosby wins, they will put themselves in a position to take the #1 seed for playoffs. They would then face Nederland and Baytown Lee, which are both winnable for Crosby. Even if PNG wins out, Crosby has the head-to-head over PNG. If PNG were to lose to BH and BH wins out (after a loss to Crosby), Crosby would have the head-to-head over BH. Anything can happen, and Crosby is turning into the dark horse of the district. This is a huge game for both teams. 

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

The game I saw they just didn’t play with a lot of emotion.  Talking to some others they think the qb being eligible helps, idk.  Find out a lot this week against the ant mound.

I can tell u this BH is very well coached.i went watched them against vidor last Friday. The thing that got me was BH QB he can be so erratic at times.he had all the times in the world to throw the ball bcz they do have a decent oline.where it made me think was he seeing ghost. Hats off to there dline who truly deserve to be mvp against vidor.they controlled things. But crosby has better athletes than vidor.so BH hands will be full.but I can honestly see why yall lost to vidor.those kids might not have a bunch of talent but they are all heart.

6 hours ago, dj said:

I can tell u this BH is very well coached.i went watched them against vidor last Friday. The thing that got me was BH QB he can be so erratic at times.he had all the times in the world to throw the ball bcz they do have a decent oline.where it made me think was he seeing ghost. Hats off to there dline who truly deserve to be mvp against vidor.they controlled things. But crosby has better athletes than vidor.so BH hands will be full.but I can honestly see why yall lost to vidor.those kids might not have a bunch of talent but they are all heart.

And very well coached

6 hours ago, dj said:

BH QB definitely was having an off game against Vidor especially in the 2nd quarter. I couldn’t figure out if it was all him or the receivers were not running the routes correctly . This isn’t the 1st game where things seemed a little off,  but the BH coaches seem too reel him in when things don’t click. I’ve seen him throw fantastic passes then miss someone by 5 yards. BH definitely has to clean that up, but the kid is a gamer and does a good job running the O.

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH QB definitely was having an off game against Vidor especially in the 2nd quarter. I couldn’t figure out if it was all him or the receivers were not running the routes correctly . This isn’t the 1st game where things seemed a little off,  but the BH coaches seem too reel him in when things don’t click. I’ve seen him throw fantastic passes then miss someone by 5 yards. BH definitely has to clean that up, but the kid is a gamer and does a good job running the O.

I think everyone has an off game against the Pirates.  You see these smallish young men during warmups then they come out and start cutting, miss direction, and then boom big pass play.  Then every kid on that team gives everything they have for the coach.  The style of play is just different.  I’ll always refer to what the service academies do against the bigger schools on Saturday.  It’s very difficult to prepare for.  Kudos to that coach, he’s a difference maker.  

Apparently Weather conditions are going to play a big part.  Who relies more on the pass, Crosby or BH?  If one can dominate the running game, they have an advantage.  BH best hope the Cougs don’t score first.  They get their clock wound up, all bets are off.

Btw, in the early predictions, Crosby was picked in the top 4 in many, while Vidor and Santa Fe were picked last.  I’m thinking Vidor is the Dark Horse.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Apparently Weather conditions are going to play a big part.  Who relies more on the pass, Crosby or BH?  If one can dominate the running game, they have an advantage.  BH best hope the Cougs don’t score first.  They get their clock wound up, all bets are off.

Btw, in the early predictions, Crosby was picked in the top 4 in many, while Vidor and Santa Fe were picked last.  I’m thinking Vidor is the Dark Horse.

Vidor is clearly top 5 in district the question is are they on the outside looking in. 

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Crosby is a run first offense for sure. 

Just now, Cougtalk said:

Vidor is clearly top 5 in district the question is are they on the outside looking in. 

I haven’t done all the math, but I suspect the Ned game is for Vidor’s playoff future.  On the downside, Vidor only beats Ned in odd numbered centuries, and then, maybe.

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I haven’t done all the math, but I suspect the Ned game is for Vidor’s playoff future.  On the downside, Vidor only beats Ned in odd numbered centuries, and then, maybe.

3 losses doesn't doom them. But with the Crosby win over PNG, they would have to lose to BH and Nederland. and Vidor/Crosby would then be worried about a third 3 loss team. For instance PNG could have 3 losses if they lose to Nederland, or Nederland could lose to Bh/Crosby/PNG and then they'd have 3 losses. 

Seems like a super even year, and we will see if BH is head and shoulders above or if they are just slightly ahead. 

I think 4 losses is the eliminator. Vidor has played the toughest district schedule so far. 

5 hours ago, CougarCal said:

I think everyone has an off game against the Pirates.  You see these smallish young men during warmups then they come out and start cutting, miss direction, and then boom big pass play.  Then every kid on that team gives everything they have for the coach.  The style of play is just different.  I’ll always refer to what the service academies do against the bigger schools on Saturday.  It’s very difficult to prepare for.  Kudos to that coach, he’s a difference maker.  

You are correct. Army and Navy run the same type of offense in order to compete with the bigger schools. Army took Oklahoma into overtime last year and lost . This year it went down to the wire with Michigan. They run that offense for the same reason Vidor runs it. They run it in order to compete with the bigger schools because they just don’t have the athletes a lot of these bigger schools have. Before running the Slot-T offense they won very few games. Now they’re making it to a bowl game. I enjoy watching Army and Navy football. Of course I am more of an Army fan since I served 6 years in the Army. Good Luck Friday!

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

You think Bh defense is better than Manvel or New Caney? 

That a hill you gonna die on? 

Now probably not, but compared to those two teams and what they had the 1st games of the year! Yes I think you will see better.