Silsbee vs Giddings

STigerNation

Silsbee also has Wo-s on the ropes late until the mustangs came back very late and won 24-21 and we all know how good Wo-s is so Silsbee had 3 big turnovers in that game that kept H-F in that game SIlsbee and  Giddings will be a great matchup but any of th 4 regional teams left are capable of going to state at this point.

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I believe H-F scored a couple of TD's late in this game...  And Silsbee let off the gas.  Actually, some major coaching issues.  Ultra conservative late in the game.  We were in the stands letting him have it...

I can bet theres a lot more going on in these games, than people in the stands have a clue about? but I heard H-F game could have easily been over at half , something about two dropped punts? Glad my job success does not depend on a 16 or 17 year old kid ? all it takes is for one  lineman or back to go the wrongway , or drop the ball and play gets stuffed, and the coaches in the stands call for the coaches head. Its amazing to me how , when a play goes for a TD, its a great play call, but when stuffed, its a bad call. Ive been ever so guilty of this myself, when getting all emotional into a game. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and be glad there are responsible adults out there that will coach and care for our kids , when they could probably be doing something else, as 99% of the men in the stands are doing.

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee played great this week. Need to bring that same hard nose attitude vs Giddings. If and I mean if Silsbee wins this game, it would maybe be the biggest football game in school history if they play Jasper to advance to the state semifinals. 

Mmmmm... I got WO-S beating Jasper.

13 minutes ago, Blackngold said:

I can bet theres a lot more going on in these games, than people in the stands have a clue about? but I heard H-F game could have easily been over at half , something about two dropped punts? Glad my job success does not depend on a 16 or 17 year old kid ? all it takes is for one  lineman or back to go the wrongway , or drop the ball and play gets stuffed, and the coaches in the stands call for the coaches head. Its amazing to me how , when a play goes for a TD, its a great play call, but when stuffed, its a bad call. Ive been ever so guilty of this myself, when getting all emotional into a game. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and be glad there are responsible adults out there that will coach and care for our kids , when they could probably be doing something else, as 99% of the men in the stands are doing.

Just telling you what I saw.  I'm Actually a supporter of the current Silsbee coaching staff and I loathed the previous one.  But I call it like I see it.  If it means anything, late game coaching blunders gave us a loss to WO-S this year.  Care to justify that?

All in all, the Silsbee coaching staff seems to have figured it out when it counts now, playoffs.  And I'm happy for that.  

10 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee played great this week. Need to bring that same hard nose attitude vs Giddings. If and I mean if Silsbee wins this game, it would maybe be the biggest football game in school history if they play Jasper to advance to the state semifinals. 

Looking through the archives, Silsbee only been 4 rounds in 1998, 2015, best I can tell, so yes this matchup would be big?

10 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Earlier in the year i would have picked jasper to beat Silsbee no doubt. But Silsbee is peaking at the right time. I see them on a collision course with the Gobblers in the semifinals

20 minutes ago, Champions said:

Silsbee also has Wo-s on the ropes late until the mustangs came back very late and won 24-21 and we all know how good Wo-s is so Silsbee had 3 big turnovers in that game that kept H-F in that game SIlsbee and  Giddings will be a great matchup but any of th 4 regional teams left are capable of going to state at this point.

They do have a chance but cuero is there in region 4.and they're gud. There only loss came when a few of there better players didn't play bcz of injury.