Central Eliminated

AshlyHasBeen

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You don't even know the details of it but already spewing garbage...

What exactly did I say that you are considering "garbage"?  I'm just simply pointing out that...yet another WHATEVER going on in Beaumont ISD.

she·nan·i·gans
SHəˈnanəɡənz/
noun
informal

1. secret or dishonest activity or maneuvering.
    • silly or high-spirited behavior; mischief

13 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Anyone know the real story or details?

Not at the moment but the proper thing would be for the AD Ron Jackson or HC Jeff Nelson to address it to stop all the vicious rumors from circulating.  The boys are supposed to be about to have the game day walk through practice...

10 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Not at the moment but the proper thing would be for the AD Ron Jackson or HC Jeff Nelson to address it to stop all the vicious rumors from circulating.  The boys are supposed to be about to have the game day walk through practice...

Have still yet to see a rumor of any kind.  But ok.

14 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

What exactly did I say that you are considering "garbage"?  I'm just simply pointing out that...yet another WHATEVER going on in Beaumont ISD.

she·nan·i·gans
SHəˈnanəɡənz/
noun
informal

1. secret or dishonest activity or maneuvering.
    • silly or high-spirited behavior; mischief

You really don't want that today...

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

I heard earlier this week, 2 teams from 22-5A were being investigated and that both would heard on sometime before Friday night. 1 of the teams I knew about was Central. Turns out to be correct. There has been no update on the 2nd team, but it was a current playoff team. Hoping for no more bad news today.

Who was the other playoff team? jw

5 minutes ago, NeDeRlAnD b-DoG fAn said:

Who was the other playoff team? jw

I was told earlier this week that Central and Nederland both were being looked into for ineligible players. I am in no way, shape, or form, saying that Nederland violated any rules. I was told there would be a decision on both by game time Friday night. The Central info I was told came out to be true. I have no knowledge on anything regarding Nederland other than what I was told earlier in the week. That was the last I heard of either school. Then today, the Central story came out. I am not saying anything will come out later today, and I am not confirming Nederland is even being looked at. I am just going off earlier this week, and the Central story confirmed half of what I was told.

4 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

I feel sorry for the Seniors. This is really sad. My heart goes out to the fellas.........Looks like im following the Chain Gang on the road this postseason

Exactly. Asked Barrow about that since Nederland went through a similar situation last year w/ Livingston.

This is the hidden content, please

Here is my understanding as to what the situation is:

1.  The ruling by the DEC was based upon an internal investigation by the BISD into allegations made to district AD's earlier in the week about an ineligible player.

2.  The controversy centered around a Jaguar who began the season with insufficient credits to be eligible.

3.  By UIL rule, if a player begins the season with ineligible credits, he is ineligible for the first six weeks of the school year.  If the student is passing after the first six weeks, he regains his eligibility.

4.  By the timeline, which was established after conferring with the UIL in Austin, the student in question would not have been eligible to play for Central until the Oct. 13th game against Nederland.

5.  The student, backup/special teams player, played in 3 district games while ineligible, 9/20 vs. Memorial, 9/26 vs. Vidor, and 10/7 vs. Ozen.  2 of those games, Central lost so no forfeit was required there.  But as Central defeated Ozen 49-14, they had to forfeit that game.

6.  The DEC unaniously determined that there was no intent by Central to play an ineligible player.  However, playing an ineligible player is a ZERO tolerance violation so the forfeiture was mandated.

22 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I was told earlier this week that Central and Nederland both were being looked into for ineligible players. I am in no way, shape, or form, saying that Nederland violated any rules. I was told there would be a decision on both by game time Friday night. The Central info I was told came out to be true. I have no knowledge on anything regarding Nederland other than what I was told earlier in the week. That was the last I heard of either school. Then today, the Central story came out. I am not saying anything will come out later today, and I am not confirming Nederland is even being looked at. I am just going off earlier this week, and the Central story confirmed half of what I was told.

2 hours ago, jake94 said:

I am under the understanding that the Nederland player will play. He was eligible, however was under investigation for other reasons.

27 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

1.  The ruling by the DEC was based upon an internal investigation by the BISD into allegations made to district AD's earlier in the week about an ineligible player.

2.  The controversy centered around a Jaguar who began the season with insufficient credits to be eligible.

3.  By UIL rule, if a player begins the season with ineligible credits, he is ineligible for the first six weeks of the school year.  If the student is passing after the first six weeks, he regains his eligibility.

4.  By the timeline, which was established after conferring with the UIL in Austin, the student in question would not have been eligible to play for Central until the Oct. 13th game against Nederland.

5.  The student, backup/special teams player, played in 3 district games while ineligible, 9/20 vs. Memorial, 9/26 vs. Vidor, and 10/7 vs. Ozen.  2 of those games, Central lost so no forfeit was required there.  But as Central defeated Ozen 49-14, they had to forfeit that game.

6.  The DEC unaniously determined that there was no intent by Central to play an ineligible player.  However, playing an ineligible player is a ZERO tolerance violation so the forfeiture was mandated.

FYI - just got this statement from BISD

"It was discovered that a student athlete at Central Medical Magnet High School was one half credit short of eligibility. The District Executive Committee met and it was determined that Central High School will forfeit the game against Ozen High School and therefore will be ineligible for playoffs."

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Does this mean you are going to have to go back and correct the "pick'ems" for the Central vs Ozen game ?