Silsbee/Ozen scrimmage at The Butch

STiger85

5 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Wow, can't believe you asked that question...

Ozen keeps firing coaches before they can get their system rolling. I'm asking how many does he need to win to be able to keep developing his team. Rereading I guess I can see how that could come off as disrespect but I meant it as wanting to know if he will be able to stay to continue to build

22 minutes ago, SportsFan409 said:

How many games does Coach Taylor have to win to keep his job this season?

Seeing as they weren't able to hire someone to coach a 5A high school with 4A numbers until weeks before the 2016 season, I'll bet they'll keep Taylor as long as he wants to stay there. They 've had one winning season since 2005 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2014. 

4 minutes ago, SportsFan409 said:

Ozen keeps firing coaches before they can get their system rolling. I'm asking how many does he need to win to be able to keep developing his team. 

In my opinion, it'll be another rough year for the Panthers.  Next year after the realignment, they should drop.  As long as they do, they'll be on a more competitive playing field with the likes of Bridge City, Huffman-Hargrave, Lumberton, LC-M, Silsbee, etc.  I think next year is when they will break out.  Taylor should be given at least 4 years regardless of his record over the 1st 2.  He landed in a bad situation.

4 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

In my opinion, it'll be another rough year for the Panthers.  Next year after the realignment, they should drop.  As long as they do, they'll be on a more competitive playing field with the likes of Bridge City, Huffman-Hargrave, Lumberton, LC-M, Silsbee, etc.  I think next year is when they will break out.  Taylor should be given at least 4 years regardless of his record over the 1st 2.  He landed in a bad situation.

Bridge city, lumberton, silsbee, and probably LCM will still beat them.

29 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Are they allowed to drop since they are a magnet school?

Conference and District Assignment Policies and Procedures 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Realignment

(4) Multiple High School Districts with schools in more than one conference, one of which is a magnet school. A multiple high school district with schools in more than one conference, one of which is a magnet school, shall have the magnet school placed in the same conference as the high school in that school district with the largest enrollment. A magnet school is defined as a high school within a multiple high school district where all students participate in the magnet curriculum.

(5) EXCEPTION: Exceptions to the above may be made when agreed upon by all participating schools and approved by the District Assignment Review Committee.

11 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Conference and District Assignment Policies and Procedures 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Realignment

(4) Multiple High School Districts with schools in more than one conference, one of which is a magnet school. A multiple high school district with schools in more than one conference, one of which is a magnet school, shall have the magnet school placed in the same conference as the high school in that school district with the largest enrollment. A magnet school is defined as a high school within a multiple high school district where all students participate in the magnet curriculum.

(5) EXCEPTION: Exceptions to the above may be made when agreed upon by all participating schools and approved by the District Assignment Review Committee.

I think from previous discussions it was determined that Ozen doesn't meet the requirements of being a true "magnet" school.  Otherwise, under the above rule both it and Central, which refers to itself as a "medical magnet school"  would be in Class 6A along with West Brook.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Ozen's actual enrollment numbers ended up being 5A numbers. The initial number that some media reported early in realignment was false. Ozen is where their enrollment puts them, 5A.

Well if that's the case I don't want them to do as badly as I previously did.  But can't take away that they would have opted to move up IF their enrollment was below the 5A cutoff.  For that...I will continue feeling as though BISD ranks in the top regarding stupid decisions that can be made by a school district.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Ozen's actual enrollment numbers ended up being 5A numbers. The initial number that some media reported early in realignment was false. Ozen is where their enrollment puts them, 5A.

The initial numbers released by the UIL had them below......it wasn't a number made up. I have the paperwork in one these million boxes showing Ozen choosing to opt up. Their number did rise by the time enrollment day arrived 

Ozen's snapshot was 1,082. On realignment day it was 1,121.

5 minutes ago, AshlyVYPE said:

The initial numbers released by the UIL had them below......it wasn't s number made up. I have the paperwork in one these million boxes showing Ozen choosing to opt up. Their number did rise by the time enrollment day arrived 

Well if that's the case then I go back to hoping they take a beatdown.

Ozen didn't choose, a certain coach chose for them whom is no longer there ,most coaches were in favor of going were ever the numbers took them. I am not as affiliated with the school as normal but I will go out on a limb and say Ozen will be more competitive this year than most expect.

25 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I think from previous discussions it was determined that Ozen doesn't meet the requirements of being a true "magnet" school.  Otherwise, under the above rule both it and Central, which refers to itself as a "medical magnet school"  would be in Class 6A along with West Brook.

I suppose the exception tagged on #5 is how both Central and Ozen are "magnet" schools and are both 5A. West Brook is not a magnet school, so it may not apply. I really don't understand it completely, which is why I am asking. Much smarter people than myself out there.