Biggest UPSET from Bi-district round?

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to some, Silsbee beating Jasper. ;)

Don't think so, Silsbee was the favorite, but I knew it would be close ball games. Jasper is better than their record. They have lost a ton of close ball games, and bring nearly everyone back next year.

11 minutes ago, walldrill said:

What was the biggest upset from week one of the playoffs in your opinion?

For me it is Gilmer knocking off Carthage.

That is definitely huge; Carthage is always a perennial power.  VYPE had Colmesneil as a top 10 contender and they were beat in 2.   Orangefield is really playing well, and beat a quality ranked Hudson squad.

3 hours ago, Chester86 said:

That is definitely huge; Carthage is always a perennial power.  VYPE had Colmesneil as a top 10 contender and they were beat in 2.   Orangefield is really playing well, and beat a quality ranked Hudson squad.

Yeah colmesnil wasn't a top 25 contender IMO. That didn't shock me. I think Kountze knocking off East Bernard 2-0 was a big surprise.

Respectfully disagree. Lufkin Hudson (the district champs) were by far the best team in that district. Three, could even say four, quality arms. Couple D-1 guys. Team was very good. Not saying, by any means, Jasper isn't good, but I don't think they were near the caliber as LH. 

18 hours ago, LionsUp14 said:

Respectfully disagree. Lufkin Hudson (the district champs) were by far the best team in that district. Three, could even say four, quality arms. Couple D-1 guys. Team was very good. Not saying, by any means, Jasper isn't good, but I don't think they were near the caliber as LH. 

Maybe so...yet they lost to Orangefield a #4 seed.

Maybe they need 4 quality bats instead.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:04 PM, LionsUp14 said:

I think it shows the strength of 22-4A. Orangefield isnt exactly a pushover or your typical #4 seed. 

Exactly! People are looking at the bottom two 22-4A teams as "pushovers" when they could have arguably won the DC in any other district.