FORT BEND TOURNAMENT ☆4A #2 SILSBEE ☆POST UPDATES HERE...

Who That

Never should have went into OT in the first place. If we make our Free throws we win. It sounds like we played well enough to win, but our free throws. When it's easy to out athlete the team your playing it's easy to dismiss a bad free throw shooting performance, but when you are playing teams like we have, like we are,  teams that we should have beat, you got to buckle down and do everything good to win. I want to see our team at it's full potential. TigerNation!!!

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It was pretty obvious after making Silsbee play their 2nd game just 1 and 1/2 hours after their first game while Hightower got to rest practically all day, that the "fix" was in. ;)

I spoke to 3 coaches at HJ tourney about that set up and all agreed that was "manipulating" the pool/bracket in favor of the home team.

I agreed on the ridiculousness of Silsbee having to play Wagner in the first round of the last tournament.  

But in this one, Silsbee got put in a relatively weak pool in this tournament, "relatively" because the other 7 pools had a stronger team in it than Hightower. If you look at the pools, Silsbee was definitely the "A" team in the pool and was expected to make the gold bracket.  

The bottom line is this:  if you miss EIGHTEEN free throws in a game and lose by 3, to make additional excuses is weak sauce.  Refs didn't cost you the game, time slots didn't cost you the game, YOU cost you the game.  Besides, if anyone can run through 2 games in a 4-5 hour period, a team that runs 12 to 14 deep ought to be able to do it.  If you don't shoot better from the line than that, good teams can beat you and really good teams WILL beat you.  Hopefully the Tigers get that issue corrected.  

47 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

freethrows take focus and discipline.  Not saying Silsbee does this, but I ve seen a lot of teams when it comes time for free throw practice.....its not really overseen by coaches,....and during that time some players goof off and joke around as they casually shoot free throws. 

+1